GratefulBud's Summer 2023 Outside Grow

May gray and June gloonm really do seem to put a damper on things. I'm sure yours are building roots while the tops wait for the sun to come out because they look nice and healthy!
Hi Shed!
Yeah the roots looked really good! Although Mimosa was still not as far along as the others. She looks . . . different.

Hi Tra!

We redid ours ten years ago and one thing I did that I'd never heard of - and neither did my pool guy - was I had him plumb in a PVC water line to refill the pool. Ran it to a nearby sprinkler valve. I set that valve timer to "water" the pool 2 or 3 times per week for ten minutes. It works great! If I notice the water evaporating faster I just add a day. When it is rainy I turn it off. If you are redoing the plaster / piping I highly recommend this. Just make sure the sprinkler valve is at least a foot higher than the level of the water in the pool.

Before doing this I had to manually turn on the hose and if I forgot to turn it off, well, you know.
Good luck on the remodel!
Hello you :)

We very seldom have to fill. We have bought this beautiful grey coping. It should look beautiful.

This is the tile we bought. And it should look similar. We are kicking ourselves we didn’t add stairs when we pebble created 5 years ago.

IMG_6856.jpeg

The tiles around it now are house tiles! How no one has slipped and cracked a head I do not know!

Hello you :)

We very seldom have to fill. We have bought this beautiful grey coping. It should look beautiful.

This is the tile we bought. And it should look similar. We are kicking ourselves we didn’t add stairs when we pebble created 5 years ago.

IMG_6856.jpeg

The tiles around it now are house tiles! How no one has slipped and cracked a head I do not know!
That will look great!

Pool ownership is a PITA. I am the pool boy so I take care of everything. More work than people realize. I like to automate as much as I can. I have the pool cleaner running around vacuuming up debris. I use a chlorine generator (salt water). Recently added a Pool RX to the skimmer basket - these work really well at getting rid of all algae.

That will look great!

Pool ownership is a PITA. I am the pool boy so I take care of everything. More work than people realize. I like to automate as much as I can. I have the pool cleaner running around vacuuming up debris. I use a chlorine generator (salt water). Recently added a Pool RX to the skimmer basket - these work really well at getting rid of all algae.
I hope so.

My man does the pool nutes, i upkeep the actual pool. I really hated skimming it daily and my besties said you’re doing it wrong. Thinking of it was water raking. It’s legit my favourite daily chore.

Mine is salt too. I have a robot do the bottom of the pool.

7 days in the SIP buckets and these plants look really good. I have not yet added any water, and the nutes are timed-release Grow Dots mixed into the soil when I transplanted. Still has water in the res (I measure with a bamboo stick). I'll top off this evening or tomorrow.

As comparison here are the other ladies - looking really good as well!

I topped Mimosa above node 6. She still looks a little wobbly.

7 days in the SIP buckets and these plants look really good. I have not yet added any water, and the nutes are timed-release Grow Dots mixed into the soil when I transplanted. Still has water in the res (I measure with a bamboo stick). I'll top off this evening or tomorrow.

As comparison here are the other ladies - looking really good as well!

I topped Mimosa above node 6. She still looks a little wobbly.
I wish I could keep my nodes closer. My node spacing with seeds is always huge!

I wish I could keep my nodes closer. My node spacing with seeds is always huge!
Hi Tra!
Not sure what I did this time to get to that. Maybe having the lights too close?
I'm not complaining. They look healthy.

I looked at pictures from my grow last year and what a difference. Last year I started seeds in early March, thinking they would get HUGE in veg. Well, it did not work out that way. Yes they were much larger but by June 5th several went into flower - about a month early. That made for odd plants and bushy buds.

This year I'm trying to avoid that so I popped seeds later - around 4/20. They have been outdoors since May 13th, and mother nature is mocking me. The cloud cover every single day is stunting their growth. These plants are half the size of my plants last year (although last year it was sunny and very HOT). I'm hoping they grow like crazy then flower around first week of July (like they are supposed to).

We have a general outdoor grow rule here. Plant Father’s Day, which is spring. Harvest Mother’s Day which is autumn.
Good plan.
Funny you mention this - I intentionally sprouted on 4/20 and then transplanted on Memorial Day. Hoping they are officially in flower on 4th of July. Should help me remember. My forgetter is getting better.

The cloud cover every single day is stunting their growth.
I'm not growing anything outside right now- good thing- we haven't seen the sun for a month- and, it's going to rain tonight!
Gonna be an odd season this year- actually, it already is..

Hey, GB -If you do somehow end up with bugs in the rez, 4ml/gal. of Neem oil in their next watering will clean that stuff right up- and it'll also repel other critters for a week or so...
I had some critters in my ATF rez- lots of little wormy/swimmy things, one shot of Neem and they were history..for a month....then I just did the Neem thing again.

I'm not growing anything outside right now- good thing- we haven't seen the sun for a month- and, it's going to rain tonight!
Gonna be an odd season this year- actually, it already is..

Hey, GB -If you do somehow end up with bugs in the rez, 4ml/gal. of Neem oil in their next watering will clean that stuff right up- and it'll also repel other critters for a week or so...
I had some critters in my ATF rez- lots of little wormy/swimmy things, one shot of Neem and they were history..for a month....then I just did the Neem thing again.
Thanks Carcass!
Is it safe to use Neem in the feed water during flower?

Is it safe to use Neem in the feed water during flower?
It sure is- you don't want to get it on the buds, (it stinks a bit ) but it doesn't bother the roots at all...none of that stink goes into the plant.
Mix it with warm water and shake well if you use it- otherwise it just floats on top.
In the rez, it will end up floating on top of the water, but that's good- that's generally where the bugs are..👍

Your summer grow seems to be off to a great start in spite of the grey and wet weather you are having. The weather seems to be a little sunnier here up North, but we did get a little rain yesterday (maybe 0.10"). Pretty unusual to see June rain here. Kuddos on that SIP design! :thumb:

Your summer grow seems to be off to a great start in spite of the grey and wet weather you are having. The weather seems to be a little sunnier here up North, but we did get a little rain yesterday (maybe 0.10"). Pretty unusual to see June rain here. Kuddos on that SIP design! :thumb:
Thanks Beez!
Last night at midnight it started pouring rain so I ran out and moved all 6 under the patio. Did not want the SIP buckets to overflow. Today there is just a little sun. They look good but need more sun.

Update - girls are still looking pretty good! Lots of new growth even tho the sun has been hiding for weeks now.

The 4 ladies - Critical Kush, Watermelon Kush, White Widow, Mimosa:

Take a look at the the top of Critical Kush after the FIM. Interesting new growth - two main branches along with a single one. Hoping the she spits out of bunch of colas.

The two in SIP buckets OG and Gorilla OG:

Took the pics this morning and sprayed Neem on all 6. This evening when I went out to check there was chew marks on the OG - wth? Something was chomping on her fan leaf. Didn't get a pic. Both SIP plants look very healthy except for the chew marks on one leaf.

Overall I think they are doing really well. One of the SIPS has slight browning on the tips of the fan leaves, which tells me she is liking the Grow Dots. Have not added water to the SIPs in a week and there is still water in the res. The two in SIPs definitely look bigger than the other 4. The SIPs appear to be functioning as desired. Anticipating lots of new growth - the sun is scheduled to come out and play next few days. Been a while.

Plants are looking great and the SIPs look like they'll outpace the others! And if there are any shadows at all you're still getting more lux than most folks in tents at this stage. ☀️
Thanks Shed!
Yeah I've noticed just in the past 3-4 days quite a growth spurt. Hoping more to come!

Update - girls are still looking pretty good! Lots of new growth even tho the sun has been hiding for weeks now.

The 4 ladies - Critical Kush, Watermelon Kush, White Widow, Mimosa:

Take a look at the the top of Critical Kush after the FIM. Interesting new growth - two main branches along with a single one. Hoping the she spits out of bunch of colas.

The two in SIP buckets OG and Gorilla OG:

Took the pics this morning and sprayed Neem on all 6. This evening when I went out to check there was chew marks on the OG - wth? Something was chomping on her fan leaf. Didn't get a pic. Both SIP plants look very healthy except for the chew marks on one leaf.

Overall I think they are doing really well. One of the SIPS has slight browning on the tips of the fan leaves, which tells me she is liking the Grow Dots. Have not added water to the SIPs in a week and there is still water in the res. The two in SIPs definitely look bigger than the other 4. The SIPs appear to be functioning as desired. Anticipating lots of new growth - the sun is scheduled to come out and play next few days. Been a while.
What are you going to do in August when they are 10 feet tall? :welldone:
Looking great today Amigo.
Hope your doing well.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Seriously though be prepared, going to be huge. ;):morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom