GreenThumb J's Perpetual Multi-Strain Journal!

Hey everyone! I got a small veg update to deliver.

I just did a bucket change on all the DWC plants, nothing crazy, but i took some pictures of the plants. I took a look at a picture of the OG's two weeks ago and they were barely 8" tall now they're huge!!

I will start with the Pink Kush!

Pink Kush #1:
GEDC1027.JPG
GEDC1025.JPG
GEDC1026.JPG
GEDC1029.JPG
GEDC1030.JPG

Pink Kush #2:
GEDC1031.JPG
GEDC1032.JPG
GEDC1033.JPG
GEDC1034.JPG
GEDC1035.JPG
GEDC1036.JPG
GEDC1037.JPG

Pink Kush #3. This one is going into a 27gal DWC as soon as i can get a new GH dual Diaphragm air pump:
GEDC1052.JPG
GEDC1053.JPG
GEDC1054.JPG
GEDC1055.JPG
GEDC1056.JPG
GEDC1057.JPG

Next up is the Dinafem OG kush clones i have.

OG #1:
GEDC1038.JPG
GEDC1039.JPG
GEDC1040.JPG
GEDC1041.JPG
GEDC1042.JPG
GEDC1043.JPG

OG #2:
GEDC1044.JPG
GEDC1045.JPG
GEDC1047.JPG
GEDC1048.JPG
GEDC1050.JPG
GEDC1051.JPG

That all for my DWC plants. The OG's have tripled in size in 2 weeks since they went into the DWC buckets. In a week or maybe 2, they wil get the final transplant into a 27gal tote and put into flower!

And heres a couple photos of the Purple OG i'm currently trimming for you all to enjoy!!

GEDC1062.JPG
GEDC1063.JPG
GEDC1058.JPG
GEDC1060.JPG
GEDC10651.JPG
GEDC1070.JPG

Stay medicated everyone!!

WOW holy shit player,those roots man,my wife is gonna get it now:rofl:

you have officially moved to the #1 position on my wall.Ive seen no better EVER .excellent work man

:volcano-smiley:

Great plants, great roots, great grower!

I was wondering when someone was gonna meld Capn style with DWC and use croutons instead of hydroton as the footing. How does that work for you? Where in relation to the DWC's water level is the croutons, ie partially submerged, half submerged? Is it even a concern if the cubes dry out once your roots are fully submerged? Do the cubes get to wick off the roots for a change?

WOW holy shit player,those roots man,my wife is gonna get it now:rofl:

you have officially moved to the #1 position on my wall.Ive seen no better EVER .excellent work man

:volcano-smiley:

Thank you brother, your kind words make me blush :;):

Great plants, great roots, great grower!

I was wondering when someone was gonna meld Capn style with DWC and use croutons instead of hydroton as the footing. How does that work for you? Where in relation to the DWC's water level is the croutons, ie partially submerged, half submerged? Is it even a concern if the cubes dry out once your roots are fully submerged? Do the cubes get to wick off the roots for a change?

Rockwool is not submerged. its probably about 1.5-2" from the water level.. i put 3.5gal in a Home Deport 17L orange bucket, i'll take a picture later today when i wake up haha

Rockwool doesnt really dry out much as i apply the root drenches each day remember? Plus, if you use a GH air pump like me (its pretty silent surprisingly) and those big 4" airstones, you get some serious bubbles which the rockwool wicks up a bit too.

I like it cause its so much lighter than the hydroton, it makes changing the buckets, when your plant is fully mature with buds, so much easier and less hassle. Plus, i dont have to wash the rockwool afterwards like hydroton.

My grow box is actually a Capn-style hybrid.. DWC and 2x daily top feed. The growth is amazing!

Hey, by the way, thanks for the compliments sky! TheCapn even says my roots are whiter than his, so i dont know how much more complimenting i can take haha i might explode from bloated ego!!!

OMG man..... Those root pics!!!! Your house must smell dank with all that Purple OG in the living room! You've got the healthiest and sickest looking plants ever!

Peace!

McD's

Hey GT, I was thinking that you may have to change your name!!!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

GREENTHUMB j = GREENSOUL J :green_heart: :adore:

It's okay if you get a big ego GT, we don't have to live with you!!!! :thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::rofl:

OMG man..... Those root pics!!!! Your house must smell dank with all that Purple OG in the living room! You've got the healthiest and sickest looking plants ever!

Peace!

haha yea the living room smells lovely right now!! Thank you for the kind words brother

mmmmm Mcdonalds lol Thanks Reg!!

Hey GT, I was thinking that you may have to change your name!!!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

GREENTHUMB j = GREENSOUL J :green_heart: :adore:

It's okay if you get a big ego GT, we don't have to live with you!!!! :thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::rofl:

Ha, no but Lady GT does and she says stop!! haha just kidding!

maybe call him mr roots

Mr. Roots.. I like it! :high-five:

hey I gotta ask the nutes you use is it clear or is there color to it?
edit

just wondering cause I use organic stuff and it makes the roots look brown cause it tends to hang on to the roots

Hey GT,

It's going to be fun to watch those OG's bloom! Can you let us know when you take some cuttings from them and then we can follow them up through the cloning process?

Thanks dude!

hey I gotta ask the nutes you use is it clear or is there color to it?
edit

just wondering cause I use organic stuff and it makes the roots look brown cause it tends to hang on to the roots

I used to use The GH 3-part flora series, and the Micro part of the formula was a dark purple. I also used to use GH Floralicious Plus which looked like crude oil, and turned my water into a soy sauce looking mixture. I did notice some slight discolouring when i used the Floralicious plus, as the colour of the water did tend to stick around on the roots like you said.

I've since switched over to TechnaFlora right before i started these 5gal DWC buckets, and i have to say, the nutrients ARE coloured, but HARDLY at all.. The BC Boost has a very light peach colour to it, the BC Bloom has a very light pink hue to it and the BC Grow is very slightly green. When i mix up a bucket of water, i can see to the bottom of the bucket whereas i couldn't when i used GH products..

I have to say, the ease of mixing up TechnaFlora over GH is winning me over, plus i'm seeing better growth, whiter roots, and healthier plants. So, i think i'll be sticking with my 10L jugs of Technaflora products!! Buy in bulk!! it saves you tons of money!

Hey GT,

It's going to be fun to watch those OG's bloom! Can you let us know when you take some cuttings from them and then we can follow them up through the cloning process?

Thanks dude!

Will do brother, but i'm actually not sure if i'm going to take clones off them.. While this particular pheno is a good yielding one, and the bud structure is amazing, I have 3 OG beans sitting on my bookshelf that i want to germinate in hopes that i find a Purple Pheno, like the one i'm trimming currently.

It doesn't have the same bud structure.. a lot of spacing between the buds, but they are dense and have considerable weight to them.. They also dont shrink very much during the drying process. I enjoy the smell much more than the other OG that i have in a scrog. And although i haven't tasted the scrog'd OG yet, the Purple Pheno i have is some of the best smoke i've had, with no cure at all.. 5 days of drying and sweated for about 15 hours, and then i rolled up and joint, and took a trip to bakedville!!

I might keep one clone of the current OG's i have in the buckets just incase the other 3 beans i pop dont produce plants as good as the one i have, but i am staying hopeful that i can find this purple pheno again, plus who knows, maybe i'll get a big yielding pheno that also goes purple!

On another note. I attempted a FIM last night on the Blueberry Headband.. i say attempt, cause i dont know if it was successful haha.. will know in a day or two.

All the potted plants need a transplant. Its been 2 weeks since they went into the 2gal containers. they could probably go another week tho to build a nice thick root mass before going up a container size!

Good question.

When i used the GH 3-part, i didn't have to adjust my water all that much until i started using the Liquid KoolBloom. LKB is rather alkaline, and definitely raises the pH of your nutrient solution. Once i started using that, i had to adjust my water every time i finished adding my last item.

Since switching over to TechnaFlora and stopping the use of Liquid KoolBloom, i dont adjust my pH anymore as its always at around 5.7-5.9 when i'm done adding the Cal/mag in my nutrient recipe.

Which i will actually write up.

Firstly, i fill up a 5gal bucket with 4gals of my tap water. It reads a pH of 7.0 and a ppm of about 5ppm

I start with 2-3ml of ArmorSi per gallon so about 8-12mls, and mix well.
Then, i add 30ml of BC Boost. From here, it depends on what stage of growth i'm mixing for.

For veg, I'll then add 20ml of BC Grow
OR,
For Flower, I'll then add 40ml of BC Bloom.

Then i add 20ml of Cal/mag+ which is 5ml/gal and thats it.. PPM is usually around 950 each time for flower and for veg, it will be around 700 or so.

The pH usually sits at about 5.8 or 5.9 after a good mixing, and rarely do i have to adjust the pH of my water now.

I haven't picked up my Awesome Blossoms, Sugar Daddy or Thrive Alive Red yet, as i just spent about $1000 last night on the equipment to make some insane, Capn-style Shatter. (yea he's making it, and its the sickest stuff ive ever seen) so yea, that nutrient shit can wait!! But when i do finally pick it up, i will make sure that i update my recipe.

Oh dont forget that i use the Root drenches each day, so thats gotta contribute to something too!

Thanks for the detailed response!

If I hadn't just ordered a fresh supply of AN 3-part pH perfect I would be ordering the TechnaFlora instead to give it a try.

I'll have to look into what "shatter" is lol

Make sure to let us know when you start those OG seeds!

Cronic is correct Shanker. BHO has a variety of descriptions from budder, to honey oil, but as long as its made with high quality butane and done correctly and purged properly, its of the highest quality. It's called shatter cause of the heating/cooling process and the purging of the butane that turns it into a brittle piece of awesomeness.

Lol we better watch out tho.. guidelines here dont allow talking aout BHO and such.

Hey everyone i got a small little post.

GreenThumb Pro Tip:

Always keep multiple pairs of clean scissors handy while trimming. It keeps you sitting down trimming rather than constantly scraping the single pair you might be using.

GEDC1096.JPG

Once they get gunked up, i scrape each one, and afterwards, heat it with a lighter and wipe the blades clean. While i do this to the other 3, the first pair has cooled down, and is ready for use again.

Happy growing guys!

Back
Top Bottom