GreenThunder Grow Journal #1 - Four Strains In Coco - 1000W - Sprouted 8/15/17

My first was 3 years ago, in the closet with a very cheap florescent and only rain water. 10 g maybe
Lost interest until recently, because I grew a child to adulthood and now he's leaving.... so I have room for a tent

My first born is off for college this weekend, but I still have a 15 year-old to annoy so I'm good for a few more years. But it's always good to have a productive hobby! ;)

My first born is off for college this weekend, but I still have a 15 year-old to annoy so I'm good for a few more years. But it's always good to have a productive hobby! ;)
I've become a bit obsessed and am having a great time! I'm glad for this group not only for the knowledge I've gained but also just being able to talk about it

Is that where you bend the branches? It would take a lot of fast talking to get hubby to agree to that. He's not as adventerous as I am, handles them with kid gloves I had to sneak in the topping when he wasn't looking

It is, but if you do a bit of searching around you can find all sorts of evidence to convince him it's a good idea. Increased yields AND lets you have more even lighting to all plants, which equals increased yields all round!

Abby, Bubba Kush, fem auto
She is my only auto and seems so stunted compared to the others, even her indica sister. Is this normal? Her leafs are enormous but she's so short.

420-magazine-mobile1841190530.jpg

420-magazine-mobile929276315.jpg

This is JJ, the unknown strain, bag seed, suspected indica dominant

420-magazine-mobile1412301883.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2090591450.jpg

It is, but if you do a bit of searching around you can find all sorts of evidence to convince him it's a good idea. Increased yields AND lets you have more even lighting to all plants, which equals increased yields all round!
I decided to go with some gentle pulling for now... turns out I'm not quite adventurous enough for bending yet She was calling out for the pull so I had to listen
420-magazine-mobile338739009.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1941912277.jpg

I think she's happier

The Tribe:

-Bubba Kush; fem, auto; indica: Abby
-Unknown strain; bag seed; indica: JJ
-Sour Diesel; bag seed; sativa: Dianna
-Unknown strain; bag seed; sativa: Emily
Abby_and_JJ_Indicas.jpg

Dianna_and_Emily_Sativas.jpg

JJ_9_15_unk_Indica.jpg

Abby_9_15_Bubba_Kush_Indica.jpg

Emily_9_15_unk_sativa.jpg

Dianna_9_15_Sour_Diesel_sativa.jpg

Emily_9_13_17_too_much_pull.jpg

UPDATE - 5 weeks. The girls outgrew the closet so they moved onto the tent today.

Emily lost a branch and inured another in the move but she'll be ok. Since I've been learning and had heard of this happening, I did not panic Instead I made a sling with 'plant tape' (non adhesive) and she's nearly good as new. In the first pic you can see the break; I tightened it just a tad and in the 2nd pic it's barely visible

420-magazine-mobile1345252656.jpg

420-magazine-mobile494597631.jpg

Here they are, all settled in

420-magazine-mobile724005701.jpg

Temp is 72; humidity 75%
Still using the T5 until the switch to 12x12. I didn't set up the inline fans because the florescents aren't hot but do I need to bring the humidity down? Also, is it safe to use "Damp Rid" in the tent? Unscented, of course.

I also recently learned about flushing. So today I picked up some FloraKleen and tonight I flushed Abby (Bubba Kush). After the big move, that was all I had energy for (didn't realize what a big job it was) so the others will get flushed tomorrow. I'm wiped out... that satisfied, accomplished kind of tired

420-magazine-mobile2033728258.jpg

This is Abby, looking happy in her new space after a good flush

Big THANK YOU to everyone I've learned from here.

:bravo::goodjob:
Nice work. That wound should heal up fine don't worry about it. She looks like she might like some abuse lol.

She must like the abuse... and apparently didn't get enough in the move yesterday so she threw herself to the ground in the night!! The light is high so I used a milk crate on top of a large box to rise her up... I thought it was secure but I was wrong. Her sling is still in place and other than facing sideways instead of up, she looks fine (whew!!)

420-magazine-mobile782286516.jpg

:bravo::goodjob:
Nice work. That wound should heal up fine don't worry about it. She looks like she might like some abuse lol.

She must like the abuse... and apparently didn't get enough in the move yesterday so she threw herself to the ground in the night!! The light is high so I used a milk crate on top of a large box to rise her up... I thought it was secure but I was wrong. Her sling is still in place and other than facing sideways instead of up, she looks fine (whew!!)

420-magazine-mobile782286516.jpg

And THAT's how you supercrop! ;)

Like 420d said, I can't think of a reason to wait for 12/12 to turn on your amazing lights. You want as much growth in veg as your tent can take to maximize harvest. Turn them on now at 600 and watch how much growth you get. T5s are good if you're keeping clones alive before they go into the veg tent, not for vegging big and productive plants.

And THAT's how you supercrop! ;)

Like 420d said, I can't think of a reason to wait for 12/12 to turn on your amazing lights. You want as much growth in veg as your tent can take to maximize harvest. Turn them on now at 600 and watch how much growth you get. T5s are good if you're keeping clones alive before they go into the veg tent, not for vegging big and productive plants.
She's bounced back amazingly well. I wasn't really that worried because of all I've learned here. ✌
I've not switched the light because of the hit my electric bill takes just giving it a little break before flowering

Back
Top Bottom