GreenThunder Grow Journal #1 - Four Strains In Coco - 1000W - Sprouted 8/15/17

Well you kinda have to balance the electric bill against what the resulting harvest would have cost you to purchase. Only way to figure your ROI! I think you will find the ROI to be much higher even with the higher electric bill.
That's true.... I won't really feel the relief until these are harvested and cured. But I can see the value in spending a little extra now for better benefits in the future.
Also, the HPS has longer lines so pedestals won't be necessary! I am both convinced and have talked myself into it.
(learning as I go)

Thank you for sharing your insight ✌

TBH you have already sunk a lot of money into this growing thing, you might as well maximize your yields. After the sunk costs for the seeds, Tupur, nutes, tent, light, and fan it doesn't really make sense to start skimping on the electricity that makes all these plants grow.
True, true. No skimping... I've already experienced what what yields I often loose sight of the big picture

Good to get the macro view. That's why we're here! Now hit them with some wattage and watch them SHINE!
Got the lights switched out So much better. Idk why I ever wanted to do it the other way. The girls are back on the ground, where they should be.

420-magazine-mobile1114000874.jpg

Had to switch out the ducting from the light to the filter and in doing so, dropped the end of the ducting right on top of Dianna... snapped one of her top branches and supercropped a couple others I used duct tape to sling her broken branch but I don't think it will survive (the branch I mean; the plant should be ok)

420-magazine-mobile542630201.jpg

The supercropped one will be fine, I think.... I guess I get to experience it whether I was ready or not

420-magazine-mobile1976682239.jpg

"Yeah hubby, I swear it was an accident! I swear!"

Actually he was helping so witnessed it [whew!]
But I did have to get a little stern and put my foot down. I said if he wasn't going to let me do my thing then we gotta split the plants... two each and see who's is better. He's a sports fanatic but I don't think he wants a competition with me We're both stubborn but getting it worked out. It'll all be fine as long as he either listens or stays out of the way
This all started as his project but he's not into the research (at all) while I've become obsessed

As long as they're still attached to the plant they should be fine.

It was attached by 'threads' and it looks very limp. Not at all like the one that was just bent or Emily's that was not as deep. We'll see. I figure if the branch doesn't survive then one under it will grow up to take it's place. The strife for life is strong in this gal. ✌

It was attached by 'threads' and it looks very limp. Not at all like the one that was just bent or Emily's that was not as deep. We'll see. I figure if the branch doesn't survive then one under it will grow up to take it's place. The strife for life is strong in this gal. ✌

The branch did not survive, but I expected such..... it was just so limp. I think if I'd been better prepared I could have saved it. Going to put together a tool box with a first aid kit ✌

Wow them Ladies have some big fan leaves, unlucky with the few mishaps but you have gained a lot more in knowledge i am sure, very nice switched to the 600, you should really start to see some results now....

The girls have settled nicely in the tent and are loving the 600w HPS. Temp, RH = 78, 66

420-magazine-mobile494354000.jpg

420-magazine-mobile842868663.jpg

420-magazine-mobile827120973.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1932542518.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1374040794.jpg

Abby developed a bit of dew on the tips of her leaves (I hope this isn't a sign of something wrong?)

420-magazine-mobile1329726203.jpg

420-magazine-mobile28372459.jpg
Every day seems to bring a new surprise.... today's is roots growing out the bottom and sides of one of the felt containers! (hoping this is one of those good problems to have)
JJ is an unknown strain, bag seed, suspected indica dominant. She started as the runt but seems to be trying to outshine the others
420-magazine-mobile1925683037.jpg

She's growing like crazy!!
420-magazine-mobile1594270887.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1946190914.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1197837230.jpg

Every day seems to bring a new surprise.... today's is roots growing out the bottom and sides of one of the felt containers! (hoping this is one of those good problems to have)
420-magazine-mobile1925683037.jpg

This is the cloth pot doing exactly what it is designed to do (assuming these are their final homes of course!). The root tips hit the air, die, and the plant sends out more. More roots good!

Back
Top Bottom