Arellanobrian's 2015 ThunderHaze Auto LED Grow - Coco Loco vs Reused Coco

Had to go back to page one and see when you actually started it. Looks delicious!

thanx brotha, the grow has gone by so quick and these ladys surprised me with there growth!

ThunderHaze Auto Day 96 Update

Ok guys we're really getting close to the end of the thunderhaze grow! the remaining plants are both in a reused coco+perlite mix and i am very surprised my how great the plants are doing as i had mixed info on how good the coco is when used agian. i am going to pull one of these ladys at a time so i have enough space in my drying closet, they have both been getting plain water for the past 5 days and only the yellow thunderhaze auto is really showing a fade but is also showing the most new growth and white pistals shooting out. and the red thunderhaze plant is not showing any sign of a fade going but the growth has really stopped, buds are falling all over and it seems to be drinking less water (i give it less water every time to get runoff) so idk which one i should pull. im thinking the red as she is giving me more signs she is done and yellow is still growing. so ill post some pics when i chop one down guys

Family shots
IMG_183618.JPG
IMG_183714.JPG

IMG_184922.JPG

Yellow coco plants
IMG_183823.JPG
IMG_183918.JPG
IMG_184020.JPG
IMG_184117.JPG
IMG_184223.JPG

Red coco plant
IMG_184318.JPG
IMG_184415.JPG
IMG_184519.JPG
IMG_184616.JPG
IMG_184721.JPG
IMG_184822.JPG

Can't believe the cocos were that much bigger than the soils! Crazy

ya i know man i am very surprised at the differenct between the soil and coco! i am going to try to perfect organic growing and purchased true living organics book so hopefully will be doing my first organic grow next year :volcano-smiley:

PissDrunx0420 LED Grow: S2:E14Dark Dragon SCROG, ThunderHaze Auto Weight....... just another weekly update on the garden

I think I'm gonna have to give coco a shot!

def man, it takes more time but if you can do it you are in control of more so you can learn the plants more. Of coarse the plants are always bigger than in soil and you can still keep quality top notch. with the added quality from the LED lights i love my coco grows sooo much

Day 99

Just pulled the yellow ThunderHaze auto and its looking like an amazing turn out! frosty and great yield. pulled this one at day 99 from germ and will probably dry for 10-15 days since it has much bigger denser buds.

I really think this shows you can reuse you coco with great results, all i did was pick out most of the bigger root strands (and not that good) and rinsed with a little water.

Before removeing the fan leaves
IMG_188213.JPG
IMG_188317.JPG
IMG_188419.JPG
IMG_188517.JPG
IMG_188617.JPG
IMG_188719.JPG
IMG_188814.JPG
IMG_188919.JPG
IMG_189021.JPG
IMG_189119.JPG

After removing fan leaves
IMG_189415.JPG
IMG_189519.JPG
IMG_189621.JPG
IMG_189720.JPG
IMG_189819.JPG
IMG_189916.JPG
IMG_190021.JPG

Rootball
IMG_190619.JPG
IMG_190719.JPG
IMG_190816.JPG
IMG_190515.JPG

The drying tent
IMG_190217.JPG
IMG_190314.JPG
IMG_190420.JPG

OK so if anyone watched the last vid i did end up getting the dry weight of the first ThunderHaze auto (white) at 36 grams, i predicted 30 so i am very happy with the harvest. this one also looks like its going to be the smallest yield so i hope i get close to 40 grams average for the soil plants

I'm late but solid MarsHydro grow, didn't realize you were one here I've been watching you on youtube for like the past 2 months how cool, but you got me thinking about trying some coco now! :goodjob:

I'm late but solid MarsHydro grow, didn't realize you were one here I've been watching you on youtube for like the past 2 months how cool, but you got me thinking about trying some coco now! :goodjob:

thanx much man, im glad you found me and enjoy the videos for sure. and i LOVE my coco haha i try to convince everyone to have a plant or 2 in coco but i did recently pick up True Living Organics, and all book on how to grow 100% organically and may try a plant or 2 in that style grow

Would you say coco has any different flavor profiles?

i did notice a differance in my soil and coco plants but i think it had more to do with the different Pheno's i had with the thunderhaze, i dont think it was the most stable of genetics but i will see when i find my dark dragon mother if there is any major difference in aroma and aroma strength along with flavor differences of coarse

and another weekly video update on both the dark dragon scrog and thunderhaze auto harvest, all grown under marshydro LEDs

ThunderHaze Auto Day 104 Update

Ok guys the day has come and the journal is coming to an end. Today i harvested the last ThunderHaze auto at day 104 and she is looking even better than her sister! i do think i let her go too long or at least flushed too long as the plant has really gotten yellow the last few days but i didnt want to harvest as i was running out of space haha. im thinking that 4 OZ is very reasonable for this plant with the coco taking the yield catagory in a landslide with this comparison. the frost coverage is about the same as the soil plants as well as the smell but i am no expert soil grower and i here that nothing beats the taste and smell fo a fully organic bud but right now my coco grows seem to be the best all around.

I also weighed the second soil ThunderHaze Auto and it came out too 34.4 grams. i thought i might get more as it looked like a bit more but probably just a but fluffier. in 2 days ill weigh the last soil thungerhaze and give you a final weight on all the soil plants after drying and a 2 week cure

IMG_193419.JPG
IMG_193522.JPG
IMG_193622.JPG
IMG_193717.JPG
IMG_193923.JPG
IMG_194015.JPG
IMG_194220.JPG
IMG_194420.JPG
IMG_194715.JPG
IMG_194813.JPG
IMG_194920.JPG
IMG_195021.JPG
IMG_195120.JPG
IMG_195218.JPG
IMG_195319.JPG

Ok guys so its been just over 2 weeks curing and i weighed the ThunderHaze Auto marked with a green marker and the weight is...... 34.4 grams haha just a little less than the white thunderhaze and it is a bit fluffier than the last one so that is to be expected.

I also wanted to give a smoke report on the white and blue thunderhaze that i have already smoked on

White: The herb tastes alot like it smells, comes on strong on the inhale with citrus notes and expands in your lungs quite a bit making you feel like your going to cough but the exhale is extremely smooth and leaves tropical flavors that brings memory of pineapple or grapefruit.

Blue: This one is a little more complex, the smell is a sweeter overtone with slight sour notes on the end i like to describe it as a sour hard candy. The taste is very sutle on this one with a bit of a Hashy/Earthy tone to it and the expansion in the lungs is a bit less. the exhale is more of the same with just the slightest heat/burning on the back of the throat and leaves the same Hashy/Earthy taste on your tounge for a LONG time, very nice if you like to be able to appreciate smaller, tastier hit's

Ok guys i also trimmed and jarred the first coco plant today and i am very sure i will get more with one coco plant than i will get from all 3 soil plants... pics of the harvest to come soon and a smoke report on all 5 plants :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom