Arellanobrian's 2015 ThunderHaze Auto LED Grow - Coco Loco vs Reused Coco

man that's one great grow bro I can say that for sure no lie that's one awesome job you did buddy

thank you man! i feel like every grow im getting better and better, i really do wish i could make more of a career out of growing and spend more time on these forums and doing research.

ok i just finished trimming the fist coco plant, let it dry for 7 days and its way to dry frown emoticon oh :( well ill just have to add some peel to the jars or something but ill have to make sure to pull them earlier next time ive just been so busy. but here are a few shots of the trim and jarring... i have about 8 quart mason jars this time and from the last 3 plants i only got 1!!!

IMG_195620.JPG
IMG_195723.JPG
IMG_195820.JPG
IMG_195921.JPG
IMG_196319.JPG
IMG_196416.JPG
IMG_196518.JPG
IMG_196716.JPG
IMG_196220.JPG
IMG_196020.JPG

thank you man! i feel like every grow im getting better and better, i really do wish i could make more of a career out of growing and spend more time on these forums and doing research.

You and me both! Would be a dream come true

Still looking delectable :drool:

thank you very much man i really cant wait to see how everything turns out this grow. and i wish i could share with all you guys :circle-of-love: maybe someday the laws will change and we can mail herb out lol

You and me both! Would be a dream come true

happy holidays to you as well man! and hopefully we'll figure it out someday, we do live in the best place to try haha

another weekly vid of the garden :circle-of-love: loving the way things are going whis time around and i think i finally have things down where ill be harvesting once a month!

Woot. Another bedtime arellanobrian video! Becoming a highlight of my week.

thank you man haha i love all the support from ppl :circle-of-love: love your updates as well brotha

Awsome work obrian really pat on the back bro. To think a few weeks back u worried about frosty resin production being low. They turned out nice and frosty by the looks of it

ya this was my first auto grow and it was a roller coaster ride for sure haha i like the experiment and the fact that light leaks and such were not a problem but i miss the photo period plants.

but frosty for sure, i was a bit surprised at how frosty they did end up

Ok guys sorry its been so long, life has been a bit crazy latly but its been about 2 weeks since i jarred the yellow coco thunderhaze auto and weighed it out, i got 212 grams off of her! that is actually more than i have gotten off of my last 2 harvest so i would have to say that you can grow in reused coco with great results and i can say that the coco has already won this coparison. Now i dont want to say this is some scientific or even a great soil vs coco grow but its hard to argue with such drastic differences. i do think i could get my soil skills WAY better as i seem to have some kind of problem in flower every soil grow i have with the exception of this one so i decided to pick up True Living Organics from Skunk Magazine. Now i have heard alot of mixed info on the rev and his TLO style of growing but i know very little about full organic growing and he has alot of interesting consepts so ill let everyone know what ive learned and what i am going to do with the info soon

were you feeding the soil and coco plants the same?

No i didnt, i did feed them the same nutes in veg but with coco i water everyday and feed every watering. and in flower i used the general organics line on the soil plants and the cyco base nutes + a few of there additives, BioBud from general organics as a bloom booster. i know this wasnt the best comparison but the difference is so big. ill keep doing grows with both so we'll see if the soil grows start coming around

I may have to do an experimental coco clone B

i would def recommend trying is, like everything it is not for everyone but i do think if you have the time to water every day or to automate your watering than its the way to go! hope to see your next journal

Blue ThunderHaze smoke report- ok so i loved this pheno so much i smoked over an OZ in less than a week! when i opened this jar in a room heads turn, it has this citrus-chemical forward smell that just screams chronic. The inhale started with a distinct forward chemical/citrus taste that turns into an artificial banana taste, if anyone has smoked a true pheno of banana kush you know exactly how it tastes. The smoke doesnt expand as much in the lungs as the other pheno's did and is very smooth (weird that there is a little crackling when smoked) with just a residual banana taste and finally it leaves my mouth very dry def a cotton mouth strain haha.

another weekly update on the Dark Dragon genetics and Mars Pro episar 160LED

ThunderHaze Auto

OK guys the final numbers are in and i would have to say the results are as expected. Coco all together produced 399.1 grams and the soil plants produced 105 grams, so almost 4x's as much weight from the coco but i would have to say that the soil plants did have a little more smell and taste for sure! it seems that the rule of thumb about soil being the least yielding but best tasting/smelling herb but the trichome production seems about the same if not better on the coco plants.

I am very happy with the results from this grow as well as i took away some great info. You can reuse your coco with great rusults as well as auto plants these days are just about as good as photo plants with yields that can be amazing and high quality smoke. I dont want to have too many auto's in my garden but will probably pick a seed or 2 when i order my next genetics.

Thanx for everyone that has followed me through this journal! if there are any questions about the grow feel free to ask, cheers!

Thunderhaze auto weight per plant

Soil
white: 36 Grams in 74 days
Green: 34 Grams in 82 days
Blue: 35 Grams in 86 days

Average: 35 Grams per plant in 81 days

Coco
Yellow: 212 Grams in 98 days
Red: 188 Grams in 102 days

Average: 200 grams per plant in 100 days

Total: 505 Grams!!!

Back