GreenThunder Grow Journal #1 - Four Strains In Coco - 1000W - Sprouted 8/15/17

Those girls need micro nutes and bad but other than that looking good
So I just realised I misread the directions and have been underfeeding (oops!!) Is it better to slowly increase to the correct dose over a few days or immediately switch to the correct dose?
Im also going to pick up some cal-mag as I read plants in coco need a little more of this. And I think some compost tea will be a nice supplemental treat for them.

420-magazine-mobile1185326804.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1016135046.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1869921231.jpg

420-magazine-mobile652646131.jpg

420-magazine-mobile778878382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile604943296.jpg

So I just realised I misread the directions and have been underfeeding (oops!!) Is it better to slowly increase to the correct dose over a few days or immediately switch to the correct dose?

Slowly increase by 1/4 till at full over 3 weeks

I'm still waiting to receive the pH and tds-meters... using drops to test pH right now and have no way to determine ppm.
I'm using 'hr veg bloom ro/soft' and the brochure says 4-5 g per gallon but the container says 0.5-1.5 teaspoons per gallon. I was using 5g but then I noticed the container listed teaspoons, not grams... so I weighed 1 tsp and it was 6.3 g (am I figuring this completely wrong?)

420-magazine-mobile837099951.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1369083324.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1181239220.jpg

Some pics in 'natural' light (indoor with flash... out of the tent and the HPS)

Abby, Bubba Kush, auto
420-magazine-mobile2113648034.jpg

Dianna, bag seed, sour diesel
420-magazine-mobile1602351725.jpg

Emily, bs unk strain
420-magazine-mobile1814101203.jpg

JJ, bs unk strain
420-magazine-mobile927110607.jpg

I'm-feeding to runoff every 12 hrs. Is this too much? I thought you couldn't over water in coco... leave it to me to find a way-
I had been giving just water every other day (nutes, water; repeat) then I read it should never be just water when using coco (sigh).

The girls are 6 weeks old.-I did a flush a couple weeks ago, but is that necessary with coco?

So many questions ;)! Like 420d says, start raising the nutes slowly, and by then you will have your TDS and pH meters anyway and know just where you are.

Are the nutes dry or liquid? Grams is a measure of weight so I'm guessing dry, but it's hard to believe they give you grams AND teaspoons on the same product! Very weird. Try their website and see if you can get a definitive answer there.

Also, you should be using veg nutes (no bloom yet) and yours looks too high in the PK. They've said theirs is good for everything from seedlings and cuttings through flowering and fruiting. Not something we usually use. Some growers use nitrogen only in grow with no P and K at all. But you could certainly cut down what you're using and find something higher in nitrogen. My GrowBig is 6-4-4 for instance.

Dump the runoff into some other worthy plants but don't leave it in your tent. It raises the humidity and keeps the bottom of the pots wet. Buy or design a drip tray!

Can't answer the coco question as I'm a soil guy but I'm sure someone else will cover that.

Your plants are growing very bushy and the fans are large so it might be time to start doing some leaf tucking to allow the lower growth to get a look at those great lights!

Transition to flower update. It's a tad early but they're growing into beasts!
I picked up a drain tray and 'dry racks' (from a boating supply store). The shorter gals are sitting on milk and soda crates to reach the same level.

420-magazine-mobile1065660553.jpg

420-magazine-mobile620752018.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1196148453.jpg

While they were out of the tent for the drain tray install, I took the chance to get pics out of the HPS light

Abby, Bubba Kush, fem auto
420-magazine-mobile854952229.jpg

Dianna, bag seed, sour diesel
420-magazine-mobile228456423.jpg

Emily, bag seed of unknown strain, sativa dominant
420-magazine-mobile1172367599.jpg

JJ, bag seed of unknown strain, indica dominant. Started as the runt but has become a swan
420-magazine-mobile322800092.jpg

I'm thinking about splitting Emily's stem, when the time is right. And I want to take a clone from Dianna (monster cropping?)

Looking forward to the next set, I was given 1 Psycho seed (fem, auto)... I need to find info on this one. I'm ordering a mix that includes Chocoloupe and may do two of those (so I can compare different methods) and the clone from Dianna. Four is working fine so far, so I'm planning to keep a rotation of 4.
Idk if it will go as planned, maybe not if the current 4 harvest at different times... I want to start the next set about 4 weeks before harvest.

Damn you are killing it over here dude. Sorry I'm late. Subbed up . Will catch up properly tomorrow after some sleep.

I'm having more fun than I thought I would And it's the best distraction from my son flying away from home! The time is right, he's grown into a mighty fine man and I believe he's fairly well prepared for adult life. I can't completely stop the worrying but the new hobby is helping
Honestly, this grow started as hubby's project but the more I researched, the more I've taken over. I just googled one thing, that lead to another which lead me here. He's not interested in the research and grumbled a little at first, but now he follows my lead and direction. I said the only other option is to split them (2 each) and see who's grows better He no longer argues when I want to experiment

Excellent spousal skills you've developed in addition to the parental ones!
It was an anti-frustration tactic. A couple simple questions on Google opened the access to a world of knowledge. The one plant we had at the time was doing ok and his thought was 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it!'
"But bigger and more is better" I said... then the challenge (2 each) He's a sports fan, (American) football and basketball mostly; but he's not interested in a bud competition between us I think it was the 'more is better' concept that convinced him.
He is my 2nd, and I raised a son mostly on my own, so experience is finally serving me, in middle age And now I get to learn patience too (finally, my mom says) thanks to my new hobby (obsession)

I purchased a shop vac today which is necessary with the large drip tray. It's proving to be a system I can work with. Still waiting for the pH meter.... had to cancel and reorder. Surely I have nearly all I need for a while. Seems I buy something every week
All purchases have been either necessary or to make tasks easier but I'm ready for less spending and more reaping ✌

I purchased a shop vac today which is necessary with the large drip tray. It's proving to be a system I can work with. Still waiting for the pH meter.... had to cancel and reorder. Surely I have nearly all I need for a while. Seems I buy something every week
All purchases have been either necessary or to make tasks easier but I'm ready for less spending and more reaping ✌
I felt like that for a long time about buying stuff. In the end it came down to me basically running out of spare money to stop me hahaha. There is no end to the stuff you can get, upgrades, new gadgets its a bottomless pit . Eventually i'll settle on a style I like and hopefully all that will be left to buy is nutes and rolling papers .

Back
Top Bottom