GreenThunder Grow Journal #1 - Four Strains In Coco - 1000W - Sprouted 8/15/17

I just picked up the GH nutes trio and could use some advice. Is it ok to follow the measurements on the bottles or is there a better way?
Personally I'd never start out at the strength they recommend. Start off at 1/4 or 1/2 strength and slowly build up to 80% or so. You have to gauge it a bit from your plants, but most feed schedules are way too strong for weed. Safer to start low you can add more a lot easier than taking it back out

Personally I'd never start out at the strength they recommend. Start off at 1/4 or 1/2 strength and slowly build up to 80% or so. You have to gauge it a bit from your plants, but most feed schedules are way too strong for weed. Safer to start low you can add more a lot easier than taking it back out
Do I still need to add CalMag? I'm growing in coco...

I finally received my pH and ppm meters and my solution measured at 1240 using half the measurements listed on the bottle. This seems a bit high to me, based on what I've read; however my plants seem healthy and happy. Any thoughts? (idk if anyone is still following)
I did a 24 hr hydration on the pH meter so will measure that on the next feeding, as well as try to get a ppm on the runoff.

I finally received my pH and ppm meters and my solution measured at 1240 using half the measurements listed on the bottle. This seems a bit high to me, based on what I've read; however my plants seem healthy and happy. Any thoughts? (idk if anyone is still following)
I did a 24 hr hydration on the pH meter so will measure that on the next feeding, as well as try to get a ppm on the runoff.

Sweet that they arrived!

That ppm does seem a little high, but if the plant is fine then go for it!. If it ain't broke, don't fix it . It is all dependant on strain and environment anyway, so what works for others may not work for you and vice versa.

And yeah, we're still here, well atleast I am can't speak for everyone else.

24hr hydration? I used mine out the box, is this where I find out I should have read the instructions?? Lol.

And yeah, we're still here, well atleast I am

Yay!! ✌

24hr hydration? I used mine out the box, is this where I find out I should have read the instructions?? Lol.

I've always been one to read, front to back, before jumping in

Says to do it monthly, in case you wondered... (maybe should have said 'spoiler alert')

Brief update because I was swapping out the thermometer/hydrometer and snapped some quick pics.

Three remain (one male was kicked out)
420-magazine-mobile1459407782.jpg

"Little" Abby, Bubba Kush, fem auto
420-magazine-mobile1995600173.jpg

JJ, bag seed of unknown strain, suspected indica dominant
420-magazine-mobile1789151532.jpg

Dianna aka Superwoman Sour Diesel bag seed
420-magazine-mobile1409930053.jpg

Super cropped her tall branch to keep it level.
420-magazine-mobile2075800091.jpg

Going to try to grab a few more just after the lights go out, for more natural light.

Holey Moley... ppm of runoff was 3200!! Maybe I was in a hurry and didn't let it settle. Or maybe I should have cleaned the drip tray before catching new runoff? I'll try again tomorrow. They don't show sign of nute burn but I think I'll try plain water in between feedings. Tomorrow they get compost tea.

The pH was 6.0 so pretty happy about that. I didn't think I had a pH problem but it's nice to have the device to confirm.

I snapped some quick pics just after the lights went out. They're gorgeous beasts!!

Three remain after one turned out to be a male. It was dark and Dianna stole all the light from the flash
420-magazine-mobile1328215032.jpg

"Little" Abby, Bubba Kush
420-magazine-mobile2041579017.jpg

JJ, bag seed of unknown strain, suspected Indica dominant
420-magazine-mobile322866040.jpg

Dianna aka Wonderwoman, Sour Diesel bag seed.
420-magazine-mobile1738246468.jpg

Lost a branch and stronger for it! Plants look amazing but that runoff is very high, so def clean the trays and start from scratch. Sometimes the nute company has a PPM chart for each stage of growth so check there first. There is no hard and fast rule and it's good to know what your base water is so you know what's water and what's nutes going in.

I found this chart for autoflowers but photos are different and can usually take a higher PPM at each stage:

Seedlings, Early Sprouts – 100 to 250
Early Veg’ Stage – 300 to 400
Full Vegetation Stage – 450 to 700
Early Blooming Stage – 750 to 950
Full Mature Bloom/Ripening Stage – 1000 to 1600

Also, any chart you read is going to be based on 0 PPM of your water so math accordingly!

Also, any chart you read is going to be based on 0 PPM of your water so math accordingly!

Thanks for the chart! I am definitely a bit over but not super worried because they seem healthy. Still, I'm going to make some adjustments.... plain water every other day (or every 3rd day) pH'd to 6.0 and maybe reduce the formula a bit. I'm also going to clean the drip tray and see if that affects the reading.

My tap water measures at 20... clean, pure, Alaskan water
Also, my neighborhood has its own system that's probably way better than the city's water.

I'm seeing a trend of a lot of northern growers in my journal list...you, TheMadDabber and Arctic Bowl (both Alaska), KingJoe & Suntana up in Canadia, and I'm sure others I can't think of this late!
I was only a little surprised to see a few others here from AK. It's a big state but small population.
Legal recreational sales is still fairly new here but personal growing has always been legal (as far as I know) to a certain degree. I have vague memories from childhood about a friend of my parents having plants.

Back
Top Bottom