GreenThunder Grow Journal #1 - Four Strains In Coco - 1000W - Sprouted 8/15/17

Maybe you're bracing for winter! ;) It was 97º here today in LA. We'll get there eventually, just not like you will!
We're around low - mid 40s and have fresh snow on the mountains ❄ Winter is not my favorite season, especially not the older I get. And anther year passed without getting the carport built
I couldn't function at your temps!! ♨️

We're around low - mid 40s and have fresh snow on the mountains ❄ Winter is not my favorite season, especially not the older I get. And anther year passed without getting the carport built
Oh I love the snow so much! It hides all the mess created by humans and gives a tiny glimpse into what it might be like if we hadn't ruined the planet haha.

That and its all soft and fluffy and great fun to mess around with and be a big kid building snowmen, sledding, skiing, whatever your thing...it always seems to bring families closer together too .

Those plants are looking super healthy! Great work! Crazy high ppm in the run off though, definitely check that again . Nice to see they are doing so well! Keep it up.

Ps. I am a qualified ski instructor so maybe I'm biased? Lol.✌

I grew up in New York and went to school upstate there, so I've done freezing and the waking up to 3 feet of snow where you can no longer identify your car in the parking lot! The older I get the less I can do extremes though, and sitting in the 97º yesterday made me lie down with ice packs when I get home until my heart rate went down!

Oh I love the snow so much! That and its all soft and fluffy and great fun to mess around with and be a big kid building snowmen, sledding, skiing, whatever your thing...it always seems to bring families closer together too ��.

I am glad I grew up with snow and sledding and snowmen. Going to college in even more snow sucked though. Of course my kids got to grow up with year round sports, beach, and skateboarding the neighborhood in December, so except for ski instructors who's to say which is better ;)!

In the panhandle of AK we get nearly as much rain in the winter as snow so it doesn't generally pile up too much. I skied a bit in my youth but haven't in about 25 years. I don't think my knees could take it.
Now that my son is about to leave the state, probably for ever, I'm considering relocating but probably not much farther than WA/OR... gotta stay on the coast and not super warm but need to have easier traveling to grandkids (when that happens waaaay down the line)

Me and the hubby are traveling to Oakland next month for the Raiders/Broncos Monday night game!! Super excited

In the panhandle of AK we get nearly as much rain in the winter as snow so it doesn't generally pile up too much. I skied a bit in my youth but haven't in about 25 years. I don't think my knees could take it.
Now that my son is about to leave the state, probably for ever, I'm considering relocating but probably not much farther than WA/OR... gotta stay on the coast and not super warm but need to have easier traveling to grandkids (when that happens waaaay down the line)

Me and the hubby are traveling to Oakland next month for the Raiders/Broncos Monday night game!! Super excited

If you move to Oregon you can see what's available in Blazin Waffles' neighborhood. They seem pretty tolerant of his crazy landrace greenhouse grow!

I actually had an interesting chat today with someone that can help me, about the possibility of moving to Canada at some point in the future, where its basically legal and I believe will be recreationally legal shortly. Having just become a dad too I get why you would want to move to be closer. Hope you get somewhere awesome where you can grow trees if you do move .

I gave super cropping a try with JJ and she responded very well Had to wrap a bit of tape because the stem split a little but she's got a great knuckle under there.

420-magazine-mobile2008901438.jpg

Tried super cropping her main stem but she said no. Swabbed some honey on this split and can see a knuckle forming. Gives me confidence to do more on the next batch

420-magazine-mobile720779538.jpg

The Tribe:

-Bubba Kush; fem, auto; indica: Abby
-Unknown strain; bag seed; indica dominant: JJ
-Sour Diesel; bag seed; sativa: Dianna

My girls are in veg state; sprouted August 15 and put in 1 gallon felt containers August 20. Transferred to 5 gallon felt pots on Sept 10. I think I should have done this sooner and maybe skip the 1 gallon and just go right into their forever homes.

My material is "Tupur" brand containing coco fiber, aged forest materials, perlite, crushed basalt.

4x4x6 tentwith a 1000w HPS light with SunSystem Light Shield; Galaxy Legacy ballast (adjustable: 600, 750, 1000, turbo), and inline duct fan (120v ~60Hz .97A 115w).

Abby_and_JJ_Indicas.jpg

Dianna_9_15_Sour_Diesel_sativa.jpg

I am officially an empty nester! I dropped my son off at the airport early yesterday morning, cried and toked a bit in his (not quite) empty room with the dog by my side Then I got busy prepping the room for the big transformation! The carpet has been removed! I'm hoping we can move the tent in on Sunday but there's more to do than I expected (he only took 2 suitcases so idk what I expected!) He called me after he was settled at the hotel and sounded so excited. I'm incredibly proud of him for having set goals, researched, and followed through. It was amazing to hear the satisfaction in his voice While I'm sad he's so far away, I'm pleased to see him become independent. Our hometown is isolated and small... he's drawn to the diversity and live music

Now the girls... They are 73 days from sprout and 22 days flowering. I've added a 6" inline fan for exhaust and there are 2 small fans circulating air in the tent. I also have a bucket of "damp rid" and it's not enough. I'm on the hunt for a small dehumidifier I can put in the tent. I might just have to get a big one for the room instead.
I've switched to the GH Flora trio of nutes, plus cal mag; still feeding compost tea, every 10 days or so.

The three girls are filling the tent well and a fourth might have been too much. Thinking 2 with scrog might be just right.

420-magazine-mobile60186692.jpg

Dianna takes up twice the space of the other two combined!

420-magazine-mobile131618799.jpg

I love how the pistils look

420-magazine-mobile1827768883.jpg

420-magazine-mobile284922288.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1328910002.jpg

I've taken 2 clones from Dianna (sour diesel bag seed) and am hoping to keep them vegging until the big 3 are done. Might be close. I also started a seed (lemon kush bag seed) that I want to try as a micro grow.

420-magazine-mobile791175949.jpg

420-magazine-mobile978647215.jpg

Before we started, I thought the 4x4 tent was to big (especially when it turned out to be 7" bigger than quoted) and now it's not only the perfect size but I kinda wouldn't mind another for vegging! The closet will have to do for now tho.

I am officially an empty nester!

Moving day!!
Three days after the grown boy flew away, the tent and three budding girls moved into his room. Completely transforming his room has been weirdly therapeutic, making his exit from home feel more real and permanent I thought I could keep a twin bed in the room but the tent takes up more space than I expected Sorry honey, no coming back home now

420-magazine-mobile1448942704.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1054236161.jpg

JJ (unk bag seed)
420-magazine-mobile450747464.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1879416375.jpg

Dianna (sour diesel)
420-magazine-mobile1763270169.jpg

420-magazine-mobile250144900.jpg

Abby (Bubba Kush)
420-magazine-mobile1831128845.jpg

I loose track of whose who in the closeups

420-magazine-mobile1536214762.jpg

420-magazine-mobile550254674.jpg

420-magazine-mobile268868350.jpg

420-magazine-mobile254266394.jpg

Wow and I can remember when they were just toddlers! Amazing looking tent there with tons of long green skinny sativa leaves, and the clones look good too. Beautiful grow. You are killing it :thumb:

Thanks!! I'm super amazed because I know I've not done everything just right as well as made plenty of mistakes and they're still amazing... just like how I raised my son and with the same result (perfectly imperfect?)

And when your son comes to visit he can pull up a sleeping bag next to the tent...extra CO2!

THAT'S why he left his sleeping bag behind

Wow and I can remember when they were just toddlers!

Wasn't really so long ago but they've grown so much!! It's incredible to go back and look at the beginning I read through my journal before I updated and can hardly believe how little they were just a couple months ago. I'm so happy to have stumbled across this group and discovered the brilliance of journaling my grow!! It reminded me how it was with seedlings... even tho it's not been that long with my tent tribe, I've been worried about the new seedling I started and drawing a blank on how to care for her. Re-reading my start gave me confidence that she's on track

I am so in love with them! Some of the pistils are over half inch long!! They are each special in their own way. JJ is gorgeous with shimmery leaves and super long pistils. Dianna has the most amazing odor. I expected a bit more of Abby, the fem auto bubba kush, simply because she's the only purchased seed. She's not meager by any means but I feel she's outshined a bit by the others.

I was talking with my dad this morning and he told me a story from when he owned a restaurant in the 80s. His good buddy had a substantial grow and added a half dozen good sized buds to the flower arrangement he brought to the grand opening He said you couldn't really tell what it was unless you knew they were there. They are a simply beautiful flower... no roses for me, just cannaflowers please

Back
Top Bottom