GreenThunder Grow Journal #1 - Four Strains In Coco - 1000W - Sprouted 8/15/17

I don't think you can judge how that strain would produce under 20/4. More light for an auto = more bud.

The only other light available is a T5 florescent. Do you think 20/4 under that would be better than 12/12 under the HPS? I want to add another light station but it's not in the budget yet. I wonder if an inexpensive LED would be better than nothing at this point? I have a closet that's 27x47x65" that can be converted for veg and/or flower space. I can get an additional 26" in hight if I remove the built in drawers.

I am for sure not the person to answer that lighting question, but when it's in the budget, a separate veg space would be ideal!

I currently veg in a the closet in the master bath. It's 22x22" with a shelf separating it to a space with 36" hight and one with 41in; there's a T5 florescent in each. We removed 2 shelves to create this area. The tent is in the spare room and I could make the closet into another flowering station.
I don't really NEED more grow space but there are so many strains I want to try.
We can legally have up to 12 at any stage of growth (6 per person up to 12 per home) and that's honestly more than we need. I also need to consider drying space, maybe that's what the closet should be. I'm so immersed in the growing stages, I haven't considered where and how to dry

The only other light available is a T5 florescent. Do you think 20/4 under that would be better than 12/12 under the HPS? I want to add another light station but it's not in the budget yet. I wonder if an inexpensive LED would be better than nothing at this point? I have a closet that's 27x47x65" that can be converted for veg and/or flower space. I can get an additional 26" in hight if I remove the built in drawers.
Thundaaaa yes. I would be putting the autos under the t5 for the time they can't be under the HPS. More light is more growth is more buds is happier you. Even if it's 4 hours extra a day.

I was under the impression that she wasn't going to move them for the additional hours, but it was either or. Straighten us out GT!
Oh shoot you certianly don't have to. I am not well versed on the auto growing honestly. I just know most times they leave the schedule at 20 4 or whatever. I think tric production occurs during dark cycle so maybe they will be danker because of it?! Never thought of it that way

Oh shoot you certianly don't have to. I am not well versed on the auto growing honestly. I just know most times they leave the schedule at 20 4 or whatever. I think tric production occurs during dark cycle so maybe they will be danker because of it?! Never thought of it that way
If the T5 was in the closet in the tent room I would put her there for the extra hours. But that closet isn't cleaned out yet and the T5 is in the closet at the opposite end of the house.... being less than 1000sf it's not very far but a bit of an obstical course Rather than jostle her back and forth, she'll have to try to flourish under 12/12 HPS
Her buds don't seem as big as the others and so far I'm not super impressed with autos. Anther reason for an additional flower station... different light cycle (or was this the original reason! lol) Maybe I'll just stick with photos. I really only grew her because my sis gave me the seed.

If the T5 was in the closet in the tent room I would put her there for the extra hours. But that closet isn't cleaned out yet and the T5 is in the closet at the opposite end of the house.... being less than 1000sf it's not very far but a bit of an obstical course Rather than jostle her back and forth, she'll have to try to flourish under 12/12 HPS
Her buds don't seem as big as the others and so far I'm not super impressed with autos. Anther reason for an additional flower station... different light cycle (or was this the original reason! lol) Maybe I'll just stick with photos. I really only grew her because my sis gave me the seed.
Oh no worries. I'd stick with what your doing. If it ain't broke....

If it ain't broke....

This is hubby's philosophy so much that I've had to put my foot down and insist on trying out some of the techniques I've learned here. Cutting the tops and LST were pushing it then he really grumbled when I wanted to try super cropping! Wasn't until we dropped a bit of ducting on them and accidentally bent some branches that he was convinced it wouldn't harm them. I even went so far as to issue a challenge.... we both grow 2 plants our own way and see who gets more!! He backed off and now let's me do anything I want to them

If it is broke, duct tape! Works on over-eager supercropping too :)

I jostle my plants every day when I schlep them in and out of the shed. But I have a saucer under each fabric pot to keep them stable when I lift. Wouldn't do it by picking up the handles and squeezing the soil.
Been there, done that (broken/duct taped branch)
I think they like the jostling... I tell hubby they like to be manhandled He was so gentle, handling them with kid gloves. I wonder if having raised/disciplined a child makes it easier to do it with the plants? We've only been together 6 years and my boy was mostly grown by then.

Aww. Yeah sometimes they like it rough . Hope your having a good week and not getting a foot of snow like we have today . Look forward to some picks soon neighbor.

Aww. Yeah sometimes they like it rough . Hope your having a good week and not getting a foot of snow like we have today . Look forward to some picks soon neighbor.

We got a bit of snow just before I left town for a 9 day vaca! Seattle for a week (and the Monday night football game at the Link) then Oakland for 2 days for another game! Snowed a bunch more while I was gone and now it's raining

My mom came to plant/dog/house sit and it was such a relief to not have to worry.... didn't really have time or energy for that anyway! She was nervous but I wasn't - I promised her some of the harvest from everything that didn't die
The girls not only survived under her care but they also got plump and dense ✌ I do believe we're within about 10 days of harvest!!

420-magazine-mobile1082209472.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1321857643.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1777635754.jpg

420-magazine-mobile70572855.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1553350080.jpg

420-magazine-mobile688766403.jpg

Holy cow can your mom come over and baby sit my clones????? Excellent job you both did on this grow. Looks like a bit too much N recently but that's just a note for next time. For this one you're going to have a fun harvest and plenty for both of you :thumb:
This comment made her day!! She was super worried about killing them all but I wrote all the instructions in a day planner.... was pretty much fool proof

The Tribe:

-Bubba Kush; fem, auto; indica: Abby
-Unknown strain; bag seed; indica: JJ
-Sour Diesel; bag seed; sativa: Dianna

I'm a neglectful journalist

My gals are 9 weeks flowering... the 12/12 switch was 9 weeks ago but I've seen some refer to the first 2 weeks as preflower - so would that mean I'm actually only 7 weeks in flower?
I was hoping to harvest this weekend but that's not going to happen. I'm determined to not be the noobie that takes the first grow early
I'm super impressed with how my ladies have grown and flourished and am eager to taste. Patience has never been my thing and this is pushing my limits. So, of course, I snipped of a couple of Diana's 'little' branches 40 g at harvest. Been hanging in a paper bag 5 days now. Should be ready for a jar soon

Sour Diesel
420-magazine-mobile572818733.jpg

Here's a couple of her colas
420-magazine-mobile387874547.jpg

This is JJ, the unknown strain. She's got a beautiful shimmer and long pistils

420-magazine-mobile1600124967.jpg

420-magazine-mobile363384851.jpg

She's also foxtailing (I think?)

420-magazine-mobile1900521427.jpg

420-magazine-mobile417253636.jpg

Abby, the Bubba Kush auto fem, is still shorter than the others but has decent buds and a very nice odor

420-magazine-mobile448498010.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1764646625.jpg

Seriously been neglecting us I was gonna send in Mr a to check up on you but danggggggh girl

Back
Top Bottom