Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

Well, it's 1 cup ..16 oz...until sprout, then she goes outside for a week with filtered sunlight , then put in the ground. I have a few hens and I have a composted their droppings.

Okay that will work then..

We have really bad, sandy soil here. I'm not used to organic growing, so it's a learning experience.

New to me to bro we can learn this together . Time to hit dem books son....

Good news all 6 seeds sank to bottom tow went right away as soon as hit two other hr later there was one that took about 5 hrs but she went down stubborn beach she is . Lol

Germinating in rain water . that has been sat out for week :)

had a lil bit of a mishap over the weekend (fan fell and killed 2 of my autos).

My sincere condolences. A moment of silence for the fallen...

If you do not foresee this becoming a competition - and you don't mind the presence of an irritating old fart who isn't especially fond of auto-flowers, but who has a few random a-f seeds that came as a gift from a third(?) party... then I might give it a shot.

Little things like space, pot size, light, and (if my current plants are anything to go by) care might be somewhat lacking. In fact, I was thinking about emptying out an old clay pot I have (complete with yucky salt stains that I have no chili pot large enough to boil out of the clay pot), mixing 25% perlite with 75% of either {Fox Farms Happy Frog, Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, or some generic "fortified" organic soil - that I picked up last year for $1.95/bag when frost ended everyone's outdoor gardening locally - that didn't kill the ornamental pepper plant I stuck in it and actually seemed decent after the month or so of discolored leaves it endured (from the "fortified," maybe? IDK)}, mixing in some Osmocote+, and just watering it like a houseplant (IOW, NO pH adustment, although I sometimes remember to let it sit out ahead of time to dechlorinate).

Would the above work, or would I just be wasting a seed?

Oh, and my area is on an 18/6 lighting schedule at the moment, but if I don't raze it and start over, I'll be switching to 12/12 before long.

I... cannot escape the feeling that my try at growing an auto-flowering strain might someday be used as a teaching aid when instructing others what NOT to do :icon_roll .

My sincere condolences. A moment of silence for the fallen...

If you do not foresee this becoming a competition - and you don't mind the presence of an irritating old fart who isn't especially fond of auto-flowers, but who has a few random a-f seeds that came as a gift from a third(?) party... then I might give it a shot.

Little things like space, pot size, light, and (if my current plants are anything to go by) care might be somewhat lacking. In fact, I was thinking about emptying out an old clay pot I have (complete with yucky salt stains that I have no chili pot large enough to boil out of the clay pot), mixing 25% perlite with 75% of either {Fox Farms Happy Frog, Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, or some generic "fortified" organic soil - that I picked up last year for $1.95/bag when frost ended everyone's outdoor gardening locally - that didn't kill the ornamental pepper plant I stuck in it and actually seemed decent after the month or so of discolored leaves it endured (from the "fortified," maybe? IDK)}, mixing in some Osmocote+, and just watering it like a houseplant (IOW, NO pH adustment, although I sometimes remember to let it sit out ahead of time to dechlorinate).

Would the above work, or would I just be wasting a seed?

Oh, and my area is on an 18/6 lighting schedule at the moment, but if I don't raze it and start over, I'll be switching to 12/12 before long.

I... cannot escape the feeling that my try at growing an auto-flowering strain might someday be used as a teaching aid when instructing others what NOT to do :icon_roll .

No competition here on my end all for the love and to see some
Beauty's ..
I only compete with self torture and I also loose get that..

Also tortured soul ... you can grow auto on a 12/12 I've seen results on you tube . Some like it better . Autos arnt as sensitive as photos on my opinion. Some like topolping some Strains don't . Okay 6%. Gtg this site app is dangerous ...

No competition here

Yeah, I was being a bit of a smart-@ss. The only competitions I've ever seen here have been friendly ones.

you can grow auto on a 12/12

I know. Was just explaining that I wouldn't exactly be concentrating on the auto-flowering plant.

I don't even know what the strain is. Last year (I think it was last year :rolleyes3 ) a kind and generous person gifted me some Crop King Seeds "Auto Feminized Mix" seeds. So flip a coin, I guess. IDK the expected size, the recommended care & feeding, et cetera. That's why I haven't gotten overly excited about them before now. But I'm willing to hunt them down tomorrow and drop one into a cup of water, and then into some soil.

Okay 6%. Gtg this site app is dangerous

That took me a few seconds to figure out. Yes... I'll visit the forum "for a minute" and then wonder where the hours went, I couldn't imagine having to use a cell phone for it. My eyes do not like tiny text, and my fingers like to type (err... a LOT) on real keyboards. OtOH, I understand that lots of people don't have (traditional) computers, but most folks seem to have some kind of cell phone these days, so I'm glad that someone put the effort into developing the two (Android and whatever Apple calls its mobile device OS) cell phone applications.

Yeah, I was being a bit of a smart-@ss. The only competitions I've ever seen here have been friendly ones.

I know. Was just explaining that I wouldn't exactly be concentrating on the auto-flowering plant.

I don't even know what the strain is. Last year (I think it was last year :rolleyes3 ) a kind and generous person gifted me some Crop King Seeds "Auto Feminized Mix" seeds. So flip a coin, I guess. IDK the expected size, the recommended care & feeding, et cetera. That's why I haven't gotten overly excited about them before now. But I'm willing to hunt them down tomorrow and drop one into a cup of water, and then into some soil.

That took me a few seconds to figure out. Yes... I'll visit the forum "for a minute" and then wonder where the hours went, I couldn't imagine having to use a cell phone for it. My eyes do not like tiny text, and my fingers like to type (err... a LOT) on real keyboards. OtOH, I understand that lots of people don't have (traditional) computers, but most folks seem to have some kind of cell phone these days, so I'm glad that someone put the effort into developing the two (Android and whatever Apple calls its mobile device OS) cell phone applications.

iOS lol

But yes I speak in riddles sometimes I'm sorry .. but as long as you connect dots and read between lines all that matters okay need sleep hash kicking in ..

:welcome:
Howzit going buddy,
Happy to have you join us. Post a couple of pics so we know more about the lights, grow space etc. that will make it allot easier to help you :)
I have only ever grown organic, I strictly stay organic.. So i can help you both with any advice or tips you need.
As for your soil , i'll give you a great mix that is inexpensive and works great. Have used this mix both indoors and outdoors so you should be good to go.

What you need:
- any Organic soil mix
- vermiculite
- bone meal
- worm castings
- I used orchard trimmings bark this time around(anything organic to help with drainage)

And remember if you get a white mold, webbing like net in your organic soil "ITS NOT BAD" its actually very good, its the living organisms in the soil doing their work :thumb: heard of people starting grows over and re potting over and over again as they cant get rid of the mold. When all along it was actually helping the plants growth and showing you how great your soil is.

Hope that gets the ball rolling.. Enjoy the thread!

IRIE :Namaste:

hey people newbie here!:nicethread: great group grow, how r u all? can I join in on this?
second grow ever, first was many years ago and not very successful, however this is the first auto grow for me.
so my grow has already begun and 2 are now in the flowering stage, first planted out at the beginning of June.
slightly different doing 2 auto fems in the greenhouse using cropical fruit by cream of the crop. got one inside running off some T8s planted at beginning of July 6500K and 3000K (commercial fitting 2ft 4 lamps total of 72Watts 2 of each colour) was set up as an experiment and planning to move to green house for flowering if weather permits??!! currently running 19/5 just to be different :thedoubletake:
Light is good old natural sun in the uk for the GH been lucky this year in southern uk great temps in June!
All in soil very simple cutting/seeding soil from big warehouse chains in the uk with mixed in perlite so nothing special with a bit of manure for luck.
have been feeding the 2 in GH J.Arthur bowers fruit and veg plant food off the shelf from week 3- water has been ph'd all the way, just switched to flowering nutes in the GH which I'm using very small doses of bio bloom from bio bliss slowly pumping it up, no nutes being used for the indoor yet just coming up to week 3 so will start the additional nutes soon.
I have pretty much done everything that everyone says not to do on the first 2 started in June. I did little research and sort of winged it as I went, I knew about ph water and nutes from first grow.
Things I have done that are considered a big no no for autos are:
Re-potted various times - started them in small seed trays direct in soil transplanted 1 into a big pot and the other in a smaller pot, the one planted in the big pot has remained in this, the smaller pot had to be replanted again later and there is quite a difference in size prob due to this the one in the big pot is now about 1M/ 100cm tall the other one is around 70cm.
I did what seems to be a big problem with autos and over fed them with nutes I was going away and getting my bro to water them so wanted to give them a good feed as he would be only coming over a couple of times in the week, when he turned up they had some major yellowing in the leaves!
I started getting some bug attacks just after they began flowering so sprayed them with some bug killer (after doing a very quick research on line- not enough research it seems!) this ended up burning the first pistils that were looking great and prob did more damage then the bugs luckily they have seemed to bounce back a bit.
when I got back from my holiday last week they had exploded in both height and width doing the grow stretch just before the flowering period, they were like different plants!
however I did get a prune happy when I got back not sure if some of the yellowing leaves and some had light green/ whiterning marks that looked similar to fungus and seemed to be spreading so I thought better to be safe then sorry so decided to remove all the 'infected' (or not) leaves, they are now looking healthy so hopefully done the right thing.
(GH gets really humid at night >90 per cent RH)
they smell sweet which is a little alarming as my GH is close to neighbours garden haha
how do you put up images? can only find a tab to link web pages? or urls? mine are on my laptop??

Peace, M.

Welcome bud.
Download the app on your phone bud .. That's the best and easiest way that iv found haha !
As for joining the group grow this thread is for a group of people starting around the exact same time learning and basically going through the same phases of growth and plant life together. This will help with the over all experience and learning process of all of us.. In 1 journal you can learn more than you would growing for years.. So what im trying to say is, if you keen to put a seed in soil and start the grow process all over with us :) then you are more than welcome to join and enjoy the ride otherwise feel free to ask us any questions and we will help in anyway we can :thumb:

Have a great day further .. More fiya :Namaste:

My babies have leaves .. Such a proud pappa :bravo:
The ball is rolling :cheer:

Both Critical Autos (60 day from germination)
420-magazine-mobile1966399000.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1950449855.jpg

Hey thanks for the welcome and sorry I thought this was just for autos in general...my bad. I do have some Friesian dew seeds but due to my cropical fruit looking like it Will massively over shoot the 60 days suggested I don't think I will have room to pop them atm, but will keep an eye on the thread as it will be interesting to see how the different strains come out and any technics you guys have, good luck to all, wish u all big tight buds by the end

I started the journal/thread as a only auto but decided to let any1 seeds join as it will be cool to see the difference between the different beans :)
You welcome to post pics and ask for advice or tips on whats going on in your grow .. we not going to just kick you out with a thank you note hahaha.. At the end of the day the reason for these journals is to help yourself while helping 1 another if you catch my drift :high-five:

I started the journal/thread as a only auto but decided to let any1 seeds join as it will be cool to see the difference between the different beans :)
You welcome to post pics and ask for advice or tips on whats going on in your grow .. we not going to just kick you out with a thank you note hahaha.. At the end of the day the reason for these journals is to help yourself while helping 1 another if you catch my drift :high-five:
Yeah that's cool mate, no worries it's a shame this weren't going a month ago maybe I could had avoided my f**k ups and joined in haha if u don't mind helping me out with a question that would be cool? I've just checked on my little lady indoors and think something is enjoying it more than me.... Any ideas on how to solve it? I have got some bug spray but last time it fried my pistils so I'm a bit reluctant to use it again this is similar to what was going on in the GH 2 grows before I pruned them
420-magazine-mobile1421337110.jpg
420-magazine-mobile327221912.jpg

It's like silver dots a self diagnosis from Google made me think thrips? Seem about right? When I sprayed my other plants they had just started flowering where as this one is not quite there yet so do u think I should just use it?

O well life works in funny ways
Iv personally never dealt with this before, maybe someone else on the thread has.. but this is what id do..
What are you treating the girls with? Use it again but just water the dosage down.. rather to little than too much ! always remember that in growing. You can always give a plant more feed, nutes etc. but when you over do it you pretty screwed to put it lightly haha !

O well life works in funny ways
Iv personally never dealt with this before, maybe someone else on the thread has.. but this is what id do..
What are you treating the girls with? Use it again but just water the dosage down.. rather to little than too much ! always remember that in growing. You can always give a plant more feed, nutes etc. but when you over do it you pretty screwed to put it lightly haha !
Na that one is just having pH water at 6.8-7 she's only 3 weeks old next week so my thoughts is it must be a bug or something here's the ladies in the GH 2weeks into flower the biggest one was re potted once when seedling at a week old the smaller one I repotted twice once as seedling and second time when she needed it, it's funny the smallest one seems to be budding the best pistils are much longer and look more healthy maybe I should up the nites on the bigger and feed separate
420-magazine-mobile868973509.jpg
smallest one excuses the tomatoes shoots in the back ground haha
420-magazine-mobile836771908.jpg

Close up of pistils one smaller one
420-magazine-mobile891489561.jpg

Biggest one just over a meter tall
420-magazine-mobile1063025689.jpg

Notice the pistils are slightly small not looking as healthy
These were both seeded the same date the biggest popped a day before the other but has always been bigger however I think looking at them now the smallest will give best yields?

hey people newbie here!:nicethread: great group grow, how r u all? can I join in on this?
second grow ever, first was many years ago and not very successful, however this is the first auto grow for me.
so my grow has already begun and 2 are now in the flowering stage, first planted out at the beginning of June.
slightly different doing 2 auto fems in the greenhouse using cropical fruit by cream of the crop. got one inside running off some T8s planted at beginning of July 6500K and 3000K (commercial fitting 2ft 4 lamps total of 72Watts 2 of each colour) was set up as an experiment and planning to move to green house for flowering if weather permits??!! currently running 19/5 just to be different :thedoubletake:
Light is good old natural sun in the uk for the GH been lucky this year in southern uk great temps in June!
All in soil very simple cutting/seeding soil from big warehouse chains in the uk with mixed in perlite so nothing special with a bit of manure for luck.
have been feeding the 2 in GH J.Arthur bowers fruit and veg plant food off the shelf from week 3- water has been ph'd all the way, just switched to flowering nutes in the GH which I'm using very small doses of bio bloom from bio bliss slowly pumping it up, no nutes being used for the indoor yet just coming up to week 3 so will start the additional nutes soon.
I have pretty much done everything that everyone says not to do on the first 2 started in June. I did little research and sort of winged it as I went, I knew about ph water and nutes from first grow.
Things I have done that are considered a big no no for autos are:
Re-potted various times - started them in small seed trays direct in soil transplanted 1 into a big pot and the other in a smaller pot, the one planted in the big pot has remained in this, the smaller pot had to be replanted again later and there is quite a difference in size prob due to this the one in the big pot is now about 1M/ 100cm tall the other one is around 70cm.
I did what seems to be a big problem with autos and over fed them with nutes I was going away and getting my bro to water them so wanted to give them a good feed as he would be only coming over a couple of times in the week, when he turned up they had some major yellowing in the leaves!
I started getting some bug attacks just after they began flowering so sprayed them with some bug killer (after doing a very quick research on line- not enough research it seems!) this ended up burning the first pistils that were looking great and prob did more damage then the bugs luckily they have seemed to bounce back a bit.
when I got back from my holiday last week they had exploded in both height and width doing the grow stretch just before the flowering period, they were like different plants!
however I did get a prune happy when I got back not sure if some of the yellowing leaves and some had light green/ whiterning marks that looked similar to fungus and seemed to be spreading so I thought better to be safe then sorry so decided to remove all the 'infected' (or not) leaves, they are now looking healthy so hopefully done the right thing.
(GH gets really humid at night >90 per cent RH)
they smell sweet which is a little alarming as my GH is close to neighbours garden haha
how do you put up images? can only find a tab to link web pages? or urls? mine are on my laptop??

Peace, M.

I say cut the yellow leafs why waste plants time and sources trying to save some thing that is dieing. ? So it's cool I like to think anyways, meh anyways I'm sure your allowed to join in just give us maybe your basics nute line what auto etc . So we can get familiar with everyone's Strains? But double check with the thread boss....

And welcome aboard my friend.

You have yourself an indica dominant strain and a sativa dominant strain .. dont worry about the buds now ! The bigger taller 1 will take longer to harvest as sativas usually do and the indica normally has a faster more vigorous flower period.
Im not talking about what you feed the plant im talking about what you want to give it for the thrips haha. whatever you want to give it just water down the dosage and bobs your uncle haha!

Back
Top Bottom