Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

420-magazine-mobile194339964.jpg

That's the bug killer I used watered it down 20% sprayed under leaves fist as they dropped like a bitch then tops and stems, little mist over top of the soil and fed her the day before all seems clear now, guna get a bug filter on my supply fan to stop new invasions haha got a few little holes on a few leaves from the damage they made but hopefully caught it in good time to stop major damage.
I'll update some pics tomorrow or Monday as got a full house, so to start LST I just slowly pull down and hold the main stem yeah? Then this makes the lower nodes shoot up? Creating multiple main buds right.
Must say little lady is much more bushy smaller and less stretched then the GH ones started flowering much earlier to, hoping she starts a real good stretch over the next few weeks, I added another 4* 2 ft t5 fitting to her as well making 72watts of 6500k lamps and 72watts of 3000k lamps she seems to be enjoying it!

Hey, newb, glad your got you pests under control. For LST I found pipe cleaners easiest to work with.

As a comment about your Bug Clear, I suggest you do a bit of research on the product to decide if it is what you want to use. There are safer less toxic products that will be effective and less harmful to you and the environment. That product is acetamprid, a nerve toxin, that is harmful to bees, implicated in human damage, and isn't certified for smokable crop.
I just wanted to pass that on, wishing you the best.

Hey, newb, glad your got you pests under control. For LST I found pipe cleaners easiest to work with.

As a comment about your Bug Clear, I suggest you do a bit of research on the product to decide if it is what you want to use. There are safer less toxic products that will be effective and less harmful to you and the environment. That product is acetamprid, a nerve toxin, that is harmful to bees, implicated in human damage, and isn't certified for smokable crop.
I just wanted to pass that on, wishing you the best.
Thanks boatshoe I wasn't aware of that! I assumed being for fruit and veg it would be safe, any others u can recommend for future treatment if needed? I'll just be using this for my vegs and strawberries in future and try to keep it away from the bees and other nice insects that are preditors to the nasty ones that like to attack buds and leaves. . as for the lst my little lady is just starting pre flower so should start stretching soon, I'm wondering am I too late to try a bit? Would it have massive impact on overall size?? And so yields?

Hi auto grow group!

Here are my Bubba kush seedlings that went into soil on July 22. One had a tough time getting out of the husk so tweezers helped. It is the smallest, it will be interesting to see if that continues.

I started the seedling indoors and now it is time for the move outdoors. I'll harden them off for a few days then into the big pots. I have two 7gal cloth pots and one demi wine barrel. The pots are filled with fox farms potting soil and the barrel was topped off from previous plantings, with compost, amend, peat moss, perlite, and planting soil. It needs some bone meal.

I have a yardfull of stuff. Those kush will fit in nicely. I have some autos finishing up, the seeds were grown indoors for comparison. Also one outdoor plant was topped and trained and defoliated, the other is left alone. I didn't top it quite right but the yield should have improved because I have so much more lateral growth. I will make that decision when we get the fourth node. Details are on my grow journal.

IMG_023162.JPG

Thanks boatshoe I wasn't aware of that! I assumed being for fruit and veg it would be safe, any others u can recommend for future treatment if needed? I'll just be using this for my vegs and strawberries in future and try to keep it away from the bees and other nice insects that are preditors to the nasty ones that like to attack buds and leaves. . as for the lst my little lady is just starting pre flower so should start stretching soon, I'm wondering am I too late to try a bit? Would it have massive impact on overall size?? And so yields?

I looked up the thread and did not see what you a trying to control. You have those yellow sticky strips, that's good. Here are the things I use in my garden, you may find this helpful.

You can use insecticidal soap which you can make from pure mild unscented soap, like castille hand soap, 3tbsp per gal, or you can buy it cheaply. It's more effective if you add a little oil. Soap will kill soft bodied insects that it touches. So it will kill aphids if you spray them directly, then repeat it in a week. Rinse the leaves with clear water before repeating, to avoid buildup.

You can use neam oil, but it has an odor and builds a residue, IMO, so I use it at most 1/4 strength if possible and not on preflower. A well used mix is neem+soap. If your bugs are really bad you can use neam stronger especially on the leaves.
Neam will kill most things that eat leaves. Also the oil will smother smaller insects and eggs. Don't spray the flowers. It helps with mildew too, so it's probably the most sprayed thing on mmj.

You can use horticultural oil, which is not as effective as neam but does not smell bad, use plant based. Any light cooking oil works, like grape seed. Mix with soap.

You can make a good insecticide from tobacco. Tobacco used to be pretty cheap here but not anymore. A lot of people swear by other essential oils, garlic, rosemary, cinnamon, ... I have not used them but it makes sense.

BT is organic and effective. It is a bacteria that kills insects that ingest it. It breaks down quick and washes off. This will kill caterpillars too.

I would not spray anything directly on the flowers. Test your mix on part of the plant to make sure it is well tolerated, wait a day. Shake off excess, don't spray during the day.

Your safest method is beneficial insects if that works for you. I have never used them but I have always heard good things.

:goodluck:

420-magazine-mobile1427547528.jpg

I took a look back in the comments and we are on day 17. Shes showing signs of being more indica dominant. On one side you can see the leaf only has one leaf instead of the standard 3 leaves haha. Im still using just plain water so far.

420-magazine-mobile1427547528.jpg

I took a look back in the comments and we are on day 17. Shes showing signs of being more indica dominant. On one side you can see the leaf only has one leaf instead of the standard 3 leaves haha. Im still using just plain water so far.

Nice start ak 907 ..

Latest & Greatest from TX... All 4 THC Bomb's have broke the surface. One looks like the husk may be stuck, but I'm gonna give it a day before doing anything.
How tough is it to peel a seed husk off when it is stuck?

One looks like the husk may be stuck, but I'm gonna give it a day before doing anything.
How tough is it to peel a seed husk off when it is stuck?

Wet it down first. I'd wet it down several times, waiting a couple minutes between each time. Keep a sharp sterile razor blade handy in case you have to slice things apart (don't tear anything).

It's no big deal. It IS a PitA, lol. But it happens.

I use tweezers to separate the seed husk and pull it from the seedling. First put a drop of water on it, as TS said. I do that every few hours for a day or so. If the seed has barely opened you can put the tweezer into the opening and let them push out to open it a crack more.
Gently of course. I use a magnifying glass also.

Seriously considering flushing the Early Miss runt to harvest next week. Tric's are milky white but not ambering at all yet. But.... Is it really gonna grow much more? I'm at day 68 on a "60 day auto". All it is really going to amount to is a sampler bud. LoL
What do you guys think? Flush/cut it to clear room for my new guys? (Space really isn't an issue) Think I'm just ready to cut down the last plant from "Disaster Grow 2017" lol

Seriously considering flushing the Early Miss runt to harvest next week. Tric's are milky white but not ambering at all yet. But.... Is it really gonna grow much more? I'm at day 68 on a "60 day auto". All it is really going to amount to is a sampler bud. LoL
What do you guys think? Flush/cut it to clear room for my new guys? (Space really isn't an issue) Think I'm just ready to cut down the last plant from "Disaster Grow 2017" lol
Such a puny little firecracker though

420-magazine-mobile248674909.jpg

If theyre not getting more amber, id chop it. Got a photo of it?

If theyre not getting more amber, id chop it. Got a photo of it?
Kinda crappy because I couldn't pull them out of my grow room..... The light on my loupe is fried too. Anyhow, my camera did alright on super-zoom.
420-magazine-mobile1761722087.jpg

420-magazine-mobile79946309.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1471332125.jpg

Kinda crappy because I couldn't pull them out of my grow room..... The light on my loupe is fried too. Anyhow, my camera did alright on super-zoom.
420-magazine-mobile1761722087.jpg

420-magazine-mobile79946309.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1471332125.jpg
So damn disappointing though; isn't it? LoL Pitiful little plant with beautiful flowers. Little guy was tough as nails, but I think his days are numbered.

Back
Top Bottom