Grow #2 - Auto Blueberry - 2'x2.5' - Citi & Osram COB

Why is that stopping you? I grow in the city in my garden.

I thought about getting some of the 'duck' varieties for outside-the plants that have the weird leaf pattern that is different from the stereotypical plant.

I have a pretty large garden, tons of veggies. Doubt my wife would let it fly.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 54
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 48
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 12
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 0

Lotsa photos today. Using an iphone for photos is difficult as heck for me. I still use a manual focus fixed lens camera for all of my photo taking. It's weird not setting a shutter speed and f-stop and just hoping it gets what you want in focus. Rant off, smoked a joint and have some dead concert playing while I type this out.

Blueberry Auto-starting to dry out. I gave it a liter of pH7, 100 ppm Big Bloom. Lower buds are getting thicker as well as the upper ones as well. But the growth is just slowing to a crawl. Most of the trichomes are still 'glass' but a few are looking 'plastic'.
IMG_233021.jpg
IMG_233220.jpg
IMG_233118.jpg

Hindu Kush Auto-gave this one another liter of pH 6.4, 900 ppm juice, same recipe as yesterday, just cut back on the Grow Big. I see some bud growth since the last photos, but it's slow. Hopefully the plant will be a slow monster vs a slow larf-a-potamus. Going to leave alone tomorrow and hopefully water only monday. I don't even see trichomes on the buds yet...wonder if that is normal and just a point in it's maturity or if the free seeds were free for a reason.
IMG_232720.jpg

Pineapple Express (cropped)-I hardly notice any damage to this one now-its supporting itself (can't tell in photo). Cool. Isn't it cool how quickly young ones recover? vs a granny like the Blueberry. lol
IMG_232621.jpg

Pineapple Express x2-Trying plugs this time, mostly cause I have stuff to do today. Put both of the seeds in plugs moistened and ringed out w RO water. Sitting in window of bathroom at the moment.
IMG_232518.jpg
IMG_233321.jpg

Found out I have to travel for work Thurs-Sun...will try to time stuff so the HK gets a large feeding that Wednesday before and I follow up thurs with water to hold it for three days. Not really worried about it now. Hope nothing drastic happens during that time with the Blueberry.
:Namaste:

Today will be day 1 for the Pineapple Express pair, their already poking out of their plugs. I plan to keep this pair in plugs for a bit, to hopefully allow them to go into 1.7g pots and stay in the tent. Hopefully I can get the BB out soon.

Think I will top one of these plants and not top the other to compare yields. Not very scientific, but keeps it interesting.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 54
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 48
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 12
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 0

Blueberry Auto-starting to dry out. I gave it a liter of pH7, 100 ppm Big Bloom. Lower buds are getting thicker as well as the upper ones as well. But the growth is just slowing to a crawl. Most of the trichomes are still 'glass' but a few are looking 'plastic'.
Hindu Kush Auto-gave this one another liter of pH 6.4, 900 ppm juice, same recipe as yesterday, just cut back on the Grow Big. I see some bud growth since the last photos, but it's slow. Hopefully the plant will be a slow monster vs a slow larf-a-potamus. Going to leave alone tomorrow and hopefully water only monday. I don't even see trichomes on the buds yet...wonder if that is normal and just a point in it's maturity or if the free seeds were free for a reason.

The Blueberry looks like it's coming along really well. What's it smell like? Mine smelled like old fashioned dope until the flowers really fired up and now it smells kind of peppery with a bit of lemon. Doesn't look or smell like blueberries! My AK-47 doesn't smell at all yet.

The HK is only 48 days so there's plenty of time.

It's pretty smelly, lol. Was in the tent today and my hands stunk afterward-I have a little menthol in mine. Both plants are going in the tub tomorrow for a round of nutes for the HK and some more of the high ph Big Bloom mix for the BB, the blueberry has lost weight quicker than I expected, but it's not completely out of the woods yet, prob just a liter or 2 tomorrow.

FWIW, some of my lower blueberry sites look further along than the top cola.

I am thinking I will pull the blueberry when I see the slightest amber. Wonder how long it takes to go from white to amber?

I thought about getting some of the 'duck' varieties for outside-the plants that have the weird leaf pattern that is different from the stereotypical plant.

I have a pretty large garden, tons of veggies. Doubt my wife would let it fly.

Or just run autos behind some tomatoes lol

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 56
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 50
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 4
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 2

Blueberry Auto-moved into tub for nutes, it received 1.5l of 100ppm Big Bloom with a pH around 7.2, gave another 500ml of just RO water in there. Runoff is 5.3, I will take it, it's not optimal. Plant is still pretty heavy, would like to be giving tiger bloom right now, but I feel with whats left with metabolism of the plant I will just be throwing nutes down the drain and treating flavor/smoothness as a second priority to bud growth. The buds are barely starting to go from clear to hazy, pistols are about 30-40%, it's still early. I am back in town Sunday and I think she will be ready for chop shortly after....which works excellent with my schedule as the family is gone for a few days and I can get stoned and trim without an audience. I also removed a couple yellowing leaves. The leaf damage progress has slowed/stopped.

IMG_234115.jpg
IMG_234422.jpg
IMG_234521.jpg

Hindu Kush-this thing is drinking/taking up nutes like crazy. Today it got a half liter of the 100ppm big bloom solution followed by 2 liters with 7.5 ml Big Bloom, 2.5ml of grow big, 5ml of tiger bloom and a pinch of Beastie Bloomz. It came to about 1100ppm and pH around 6.4. No runoff. This plant easily has another month to it. I see bud size improvement, but it's small. Maybe I am mentally comparing it to the blueberry and think it just is too small. It will get there, and probably yield 2-3x of the BB. OK in my book. Everything this plant is doing makes me want to grow it again in a scrog setup and maybe top around 3 weeks. this plant is currently 42" from the soil top in the pot.

IMG_233922.jpg
IMG_234217.jpg
IMG_234318.jpg

Pineapple Express-Today I just gave the one plant in the pot a few ounces of the 100ppm Big Bloom solution. I dipped each of the starter plugs in this solution and gave a light squeeze. Their uncovered, so they dry quick. The pair I started at the same time, one I am planning on topping and the other not if they both stay healthy to that point.

IMG_233819.jpg

Temps are still in the 73-77/78 range, hitting only 78 for an hour or so. I have the lights at a total of 190w and have been cutting the reds around 4pm for a couple hours to help with the heat. It does not help much though. RH is still 50-60, 60 being after I water and low 50s rest of the time. It's been raining here daily and the humidity is high. I raised the light another inch, it's about 19" off the HK top cola. I still have about 3" of height I can raise it, otherwise I need to put the fan in the attic and set it up to pull air rather to push. I would rather do this when I don't have stinky ass plants to move around, so will wait till next week to re-arrange. I think I might gain another 5-6 inches this way.

I also staked the Blueberry. That top cola is dense.

I'm not seeing any amber either on my BB at 62 days of a 55 day spec. Trying to be patient but it's not easy.

20170710_083541.jpg
Her trichs will go from clear to milky and mushroom capped and then amber I start my flush at mushroom. Cap trichs and do it til fade or amber trichs come which ever is first, I usually flush 10 days of non ph water
Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 56
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 50
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 4
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 2

Blueberry Auto-moved into tub for nutes, it received 1.5l of 100ppm Big Bloom with a pH around 7.2, gave another 500ml of just RO water in there. Runoff is 5.3, I will take it, it's not optimal. Plant is still pretty heavy, would like to be giving tiger bloom right now, but I feel with whats left with metabolism of the plant I will just be throwing nutes down the drain and treating flavor/smoothness as a second priority to bud growth. The buds are barely starting to go from clear to hazy, pistols are about 30-40%, it's still early. I am back in town Sunday and I think she will be ready for chop shortly after....which works excellent with my schedule as the family is gone for a few days and I can get stoned and trim without an audience. I also removed a couple yellowing leaves. The leaf damage progress has slowed/stopped.

IMG_234115.jpg
IMG_234422.jpg
IMG_234521.jpg

Hindu Kush-this thing is drinking/taking up nutes like crazy. Today it got a half liter of the 100ppm big bloom solution followed by 2 liters with 7.5 ml Big Bloom, 2.5ml of grow big, 5ml of tiger bloom and a pinch of Beastie Bloomz. It came to about 1100ppm and pH around 6.4. No runoff. This plant easily has another month to it. I see bud size improvement, but it's small. Maybe I am mentally comparing it to the blueberry and think it just is too small. It will get there, and probably yield 2-3x of the BB. OK in my book. Everything this plant is doing makes me want to grow it again in a scrog setup and maybe top around 3 weeks. this plant is currently 42" from the soil top in the pot.

IMG_233922.jpg
IMG_234217.jpg
IMG_234318.jpg

Pineapple Express-Today I just gave the one plant in the pot a few ounces of the 100ppm Big Bloom solution. I dipped each of the starter plugs in this solution and gave a light squeeze. Their uncovered, so they dry quick. The pair I started at the same time, one I am planning on topping and the other not if they both stay healthy to that point.

IMG_233819.jpg

Temps are still in the 73-77/78 range, hitting only 78 for an hour or so. I have the lights at a total of 190w and have been cutting the reds around 4pm for a couple hours to help with the heat. It does not help much though. RH is still 50-60, 60 being after I water and low 50s rest of the time. It's been raining here daily and the humidity is high. I raised the light another inch, it's about 19" off the HK top cola. I still have about 3" of height I can raise it, otherwise I need to put the fan in the attic and set it up to pull air rather to push. I would rather do this when I don't have stinky ass plants to move around, so will wait till next week to re-arrange. I think I might gain another 5-6 inches this way.

I also staked the Blueberry. That top cola is dense.

What a stressful freaking day. I know it happens to others...but it's one of those days when you step out of the house to do three things that should take less than 30 minutes each, and it takes all freaking day.

Time to roll something.

Welcome harvest angels...lol....this forum is funny...everyone comes out at harvest. It's cool because people new to this like me need help....

Intheshed-yes, being patient bites on the first grow...lol...I am so there. I have about a quarter left and need to get this jarred.

Only thing balancing the patience, is I don't want a half ounce of racy ass weed...and waiting for another grow because I botched the last week...ugh.

Going to Nevada for work...fun (actually not too bad, but it's going to be hot).

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 58
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 52
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 16
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 4

Greetings followers....10 photos this upload with bud shots (taken w iphone and loupe-sorry for the razor thin fields of view). Right now I am running the lights at 175w, just citis because I was in the tent working and dialed them down with the reds off. I will turn back on and set around 170w total while travelling. I think this will easily keep my tent around 78 max, maybe an hour to 79 or so while I am gone.

Blueberry-watered with a liter of 7pH, 100ppm Big Bloom. Bestist guess for me is I am 'starting' to cloud, I looked pretty well and did not see any amber. No runoff. It's going to get flawless finish on Sunday evening if I can stay awake.
IMG_235329.jpg
IMG_235525.jpg
IMG_235626.jpg
IMG_235724.jpg
IMG_235825.jpg

Hindu Kush-The plant was feather lite. I gave this one a gallon of 6.7, 1200, only put a little Grow Big (1ml), probably 7/8ths a tsp of Beastie Bloomz. and about a liter of the 100ppm stuff, got about 2 ounces of runoff, runoff pH was still 5.3 (ugh). Going to give it another 2 liters of just CaMg water tomorrow, pH pretty high before the 3 day trip. I see some beefing up of the top cola, it has grown another inch in the past 2 days...I think if I can get the pH stuff resolved and stay on top of nutes, this one will be a monster. Prob will not get fed again till monday.
IMG_235022.jpg
IMG_235125.jpg
IMG_236123.jpg

Pineapple Express-watered with maybe 250ml of the 100ppm Big Bloom solution.
IMG_235224.jpg

Pineapple Express Seedlings-these got put into pots that were misted with RO water. It's the same mix of FFOF 40%, FFLW 40% and Perlite that I used with the first grow. I put the plugs in. I know it's early, I just don't want dry and crispy plugs and dead seedlings on my return. I used a true 2gal pot, bigger than the pot above....final pots, not going to transplant. Covered each with a pint glass. Supposed to be quick and done, we will see.

Full tent shot----yep, crowded...ha.

IMG_236218.jpg

Hope to be trimming and hanging next week sometime....anyone want to chime in on the BB development or correct what I see please post up....

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 58
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 52
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 16
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 4

Hope to be trimming and hanging next week sometime....anyone want to chime in on the BB development or correct what I see please post up....

I'm seeing what you're seeing on the BB trichomes. Cloudy with a chance of amber some time in the future. Still some glassy though so I wouldn't set a chop date yet if I were you.

The HK top cola looks great and all those lower buds should add up to a good harvest! And that baby pineapple is so cute I think it deserves it's own thread...

going to start a diff thread when i go to photos....

Note to self-the pe seedlings that were potted , pot 1 is the lanky one and pot 2 is the short one. One will get cropped based on a point i determine for the older seedling.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 59
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 53
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 17
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 5

Today I am going to give the HK 2 liters of ro water, pH to about 7 and with about 200ppm Big Bloom. I will mist the seedlings, set the lights on about 170 and hope they make the trip without getting stressed.

Looking good, I just wanted to show you a set up a made for under $30 that waters while I'm out of town. I can set the timer to go off as many times a day as I want and for however long I want. It takes away a lot of stress of leaving your babies without water.
IMG_092733.JPG
IMG_092846.JPG
IMG_091253.JPG

Jay, that is pretty cool...so it's just on a timer?

I was looking at aquarium online shops at stuff, could probably rig something cheaper like you did with a timer I already have. I even have plenty of drip line.

Great idea.

Back
Top Bottom