Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Just a quick Saturday update for all. AK 7 has broken free so I put it outside to get some warmth and a bit of sun (I've since put it in the shade until the leaves are open). I flushed the soil for the pot from 550 to 175 PPM. I think I'll be planting later today...

20170930_103755.jpg

And here's Blue 4 on day 2!

20170930_093443.jpg

Ahh, but you'd have to move and leave the cheese plant behind!

I'll take it with me that magical plant that won't die we will call the strain can't kill me lol

Late Sunday update all, so happy Monday to many of you!

AK 7 seemed to be struggling for some reason, so I took a pic and blew it up. Here's what it looked like:

20171001_114020.jpg

Not sure if you can see, but it look like some of the seed hull stayed behind and was encasing the leaves. So I got a toothpick and a magnifying glass and freed the poor things:

20171001_160810.jpg

About an hour later I planted it, and you can see that the first true leaves have been distorted, probably permanently:

20171001_165456.jpg

20171001_165641.jpg

I don't think that it will have any long term effect on the plant, but I'm glad I noticed. Had it waited to sort itself out it probably would have stunted the growth.

Then I put it and Blue 4 (and AK 4 because what the heck) under the CFLs for the night. No I still haven't built new tin foil hats for the CFLs. Stop asking!

Just doing a drive by to see what's cooking out in the Shed.........
99.9% chance she grows out of it..

Keepem Green

I see you used Dr Earth?? The organic mix? I've been using this Black Gold Organic mix a long ass time. Well, my local nursery was out and I ended up getting acouple bags of the black Gold potting soil. One of them that has afew timed released ferts in it. And it has alot less perlite in it than the organic mix, making it hold water longer. But then I really needed some soil again to do some flowers I was fixxing to start blooming. I only had one bag of the potting soil left and the nursery was still out, so I opted to try some of the Dr Earth mix. Well it didn't come with any perlite in the mix,, and I didn't have any here. So I mixed in the potting soil hoping that wood do enough in the drainage department. I damn near downed all my plants. That shit held water for 3-4-5 days. I'm use to it being able to miss 1 night,, but then they are damn thristy so I ended up doing alittle over watering. My bad,, I should've waaited another day and got some perlite,, but when I start doing something I tend to do it,, even if it's wrong.. Oh well.. Live and learn,, then die, and forget it all anyways...

Keepem Green

I see you used Dr Earth?? The organic mix? I've been using this Black Gold Organic mix a long ass time. Well, my local nursery was out and I ended up getting acouple bags of the black Gold potting soil. One of them that has afew timed released ferts in it. And it has alot less perlite in it than the organic mix, making it hold water longer. But then I really needed some soil again to do some flowers I was fixxing to start blooming. I only had one bag of the potting soil left and the nursery was still out, so I opted to try some of the Dr Earth mix. Well it didn't come with any perlite in the mix,, and I didn't have any here. So I mixed in the potting soil hoping that wood do enough in the drainage department. I damn near downed all my plants. That shit held water for 3-4-5 days. I'm use to it being able to miss 1 night,, but then they are damn thristy so I ended up doing alittle over watering. My bad,, I should've waaited another day and got some perlite,, but when I start doing something I tend to do it,, even if it's wrong.. Oh well.. Live and learn,, then die, and forget it all anyways...

Keepem Green

Good morning NorCal and she’d. Did you add perlite to the black cow organic mix? How would you say the other black cow potting mix worked once you added perlite to it? How did it compare to the organic version. I’m asking because I’m tired of paying $17 for a bag of dirt (ffof). How much perlite do u add? 60/40 soil/perlite? My grandpa had a killer garden, the base of his compost was black cow manure. So I was curious about how the black cow soils would do for cannabis plants. Thanks!! What you guys think of air pots? I’ve read they loose a lot of soil through the bottom every watering. Are they more for growing in coco?

Late Sunday update all, so happy Monday to many of you!

AK 7 seemed to be struggling for some reason, so I took a pic and blew it up. Here's what it looked like:

20171001_114020.jpg

Not sure if you can see, but it look like some of the seed hull stayed behind and was encasing the leaves. So I got a toothpick and a magnifying glass and freed the poor things:

20171001_160810.jpg

About an hour later I planted it, and you can see that the first true leaves have been distorted, probably permanently:

20171001_165456.jpg

20171001_165641.jpg

I don't think that it will have any long term effect on the plant, but I'm glad I noticed. Had it waited to sort itself out it probably would have stunted the growth.

Then I put it and Blue 4 (and AK 4 because what the heck) under the CFLs for the night. No I still haven't built new tin foil hats for the CFLs. Stop asking!

all the blueberry autos I had did same thing, but no deformed leaves.

Moonshine I love the Black Gold Organic Mix. You can get it for 12 bucks for 2 cubic foot. It's got a great mix of perlite for a medium drainage. I do ammend mine with the usaul stuff,, and that way I don't felitize while in veg. Alittle bone/blood meal and some earthworm crap and it's done. I never like FFOF soil myself. I hear that a good mix called Black Majic they have at Home depo. I'm not sure of the price but I heard a friend say he liked it......... There's cheaper soils out there. They have sites you can read whats in them..

GL and Keepem Green

Just doing a drive by to see what's cooking out in the Shed.........
99.9% chance she grows out of it

You are correct sir! Here is AK 7 on day 2, as predicted by Norcali:

20171002_091021.jpg

I see you used Dr Earth??

I'm using the Dr Earth Pot of Gold which has some perlite in it and whatever nutrients are built into the material in the mix.

How much perlite do u add? 60/40 soil/perlite?

I ran about 70/30 my first grow but added more this time and I'm probably close to 50/50. I want even MORE drainage so I can adjust PPM levels more easily.

Moonshine I love the Black Gold Organic Mix. You can get it for 12 bucks for 2 cubic foot. It's got a great mix of perlite for a medium drainage. I do ammend mine with the usaul stuff,, and that way I don't felitize while in veg. Alittle bone/blood meal and some earthworm crap and it's done. I never like FFOF soil myself. I hear that a good mix called Black Majic they have at Home depo. I'm not sure of the price but I heard a friend say he liked it......... There's cheaper soils out there. They have sites you can read whats in them.. GL and Keepem Green

I get the Dr Earth Pot of Gold because it's available at Home Depot and I really don't want to start driving around looking for this soil or that. Ingredients looked good enough for me and I did pretty well on my first grow with it. Other than modifying the perlite ratio I'm going to stick with it for now. I think I started with nutes around 18 days last time.

Keepem Green

I know that feeling Norcali. When you just gotta do something right now and don't want to wait to go shopping for some additional ingredient that you figure you can make do without. Then BINGO it bites you in the ass. I hate that sad soggy soil look that plants get!

A two-pic update on a Wednesday.

First is Blueberry 4 on day 5, with someone eating away at the leaves ALREADY! WTF? Sprayed neem today and will go with the BT tonight. Doesn't seem fair to attack something that young, does it?

20171004_092545.jpg

And here's AK 7 on day 3. Sprayed the dirt with neem, but going to wait until it's a few days older bf the leaves get any.

20171004_092546.jpg

No, no LST yet!

A two-pic update on a Wednesday.

First is Blueberry 4 on day 5, with someone eating away at the leaves ALREADY! WTF? Sprayed neem today and will go with the BT tonight. Doesn't seem fair to attack something that young, does it?

20171004_092545.jpg

And here's AK 7 on day 3. Sprayed the dirt with neem, but going to wait until it's a few days older bf the leaves get any.

20171004_092546.jpg

No, no LST yet!
Damn man!! Poor little lady getting picked on already?!

I'm proud of you for not torturing the little ones......yet!!!! Muahahahahaha

It's Thursday and I am ready for this week to be over. I need a nap...

Let's start with AK 4 on day 43, which I am still keeping for some reason, even though it's a bonzai:

20171005_091910.jpg

20171005_091842.jpg

And now on to the newer arrivals. Here's Blue 4 on day 6. Didn't see any dead caterpillars this morning but I'm hoping that whatever has been munching has taken its last bite:

20171005_091818.jpg

And here is AK 7 on day 4, looking perfectly normal:

20171005_091804.jpg

The two young'uns got their first nutes this morning. They each got ¼ gallon with BigBloom (2 tsp/gal) and Great White (½ tsp/gal). Ok roots...do your stuff!

Back
Top Bottom