Moonshine's Backyard Blueberry Auto Bash

Congratulations Moon! They look really sparkly! I hope you saved all the trim because it's loaded with trichomes :).
Man i still got frozen trim from dos & luna. This prolly would make someone happy i guess. Its drying now. That old trim just got thrown in a reused take out chinese containers and put in freezer wet. Might throw the old stuff away as its prolly got freezer burn. Ive only made butter 1 time and it wasnt the funny creative giggly high i like. More like a 10 milgram hydrocodone. And i despise that shit. Uggggghhh.

Man i still got frozen trim from dos & luna. This prolly would make someone happy i guess. Its drying now. That old trim just got thrown in a reused take out chinese containers and put in freezer wet. Might throw the old stuff away as its prolly got freezer burn. Ive only made butter 1 time and it wasnt the funny creative giggly high i like. More like a 10 milgram hydrocodone. And i despise that shit. Uggggghhh.
yea edibles can make ye groggy high

Had to harvest in a frenzy. No time to weigh....thiscis what i came away with.......

Nice man congrats by they way moonshine I think your going to love it I don’t cut off the buds from the main branches until that stem can break easily the longer that happened that better . But in my situational go about two or -4 days on my tester buds from headband then brown paper bag it for few more then final trim then jars

Freezer burn doesn't matter to trichomes. Don't toss it because some day you may want that instead of the hydrocodone the doctor gives you for something you (hopefully don't) get. Make capsules and stick them in the freezer. Let me know if you need help with that as I've become good at calculating strength (which is important), and making the oil is easy peasy.

Also, if you were eating the stuff that normally gets you giggly and it made you dull, it might have been too strong. Dosing matters.

Freezer burn doesn't matter to trichomes. Don't toss it because some day you may want that instead of the hydrocodone the doctor gives you for something you (hopefully don't) get. Make capsules and stick them in the freezer. Let me know if you need help with that as I've become good at calculating strength (which is important), and making the oil is easy peasy.

Also, if you were eating the stuff that normally gets you giggly and it made you dull, it might have been too strong. Dosing matters.
Shed you can post pill method for shake or buds ?

Will do Moon. I'll get you everything you need to be a capsule-making fool later today. :)
Okay, here we go! This is easier than you think. I'll start with the incredibly easy method that @Oldbear uses:
I crumble the buds with my fingers. I put the desired qty into a little mason jar. Soak it all with olive oil with a couple of good stirs then add an additional amount of about 1/8inch above the wet bud bits. In the oven (middle rack) with a tinfoil lid with 1 pinhole in it for 2 hours at 220F. Drain off the oil using a kitchen strainer.

Mine is more complicated, but only by time, not by technique. This technique is a combination of a number of website recommendations as well as a modified version of what the Magical Butter machine does.

What you will need is a scale, a measuring cup, a mason jar, tin foil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and an oven you have some faith in the temperature of. Liquid Sunflower Lecithin (LSL) is good if you can get your hands on some. And capsules if that's how you're going to be taking this.

The hardest part of this process is the math you need to do to determine the strength of the capsules you will be making. To simplify it, Oldbear created a spreadsheet you can save as an Excel file and modify to your liking. Here is the link:
Concentration and Doseage Calculator
If you're not doing custom blends like OldBear does, you can just use the first column. It works in grams and milliliters, so you'll need to convert your ounces of oil to ml.

Once you have the spreadsheet open on your computer, you start by entering the percentage of THC you think is in the material you will be using. I always use 10% because I'd rather err on the side of caution. If you know you have a high THC strain you can use a different number there. I leave the CBD % at 0 because there's hardly any in the strains I have on hand.

Next you will enter the amount of material you will be using. Oldbear does his decarb in the oil all in one step. I don't feel comfortable doing that, given the fluctuation of oven temps, so I decarb first, then I weigh it and add it to the spreadsheet. I use a long piece of tin foil, put the bud in it, then fold in half and seal along the three sides by folding the edges back over themselves. 240º in the oven for 90 minutes. I get the oven to temp first before I put the foil pocket in.

Once it's done, I let it cool for 10 minutes, open it up, crumble it, and weigh it. That weight goes in the spreadsheet where it says "Plant material in grams." Put that into mason jar.

Mine looks like this:
full

Next step is to figure how how much oil you will need to get to the THC concentration you want for your capsules. The spreadsheet will tell you the concentration level (green boxes on the right under Dose ML) when you put in a number in the box for "Oil volume." The less oil you add, the stronger the capsules. Of course, you will need enough oil to soak the crumbled material, so you may have to play with that cell while you see what you can get away with. I believe that 10mg/ml is the maximum dose for and edible in most legal states. That's a tough number to get to with this method unless you grind the material, because it takes more oil to cover crumbled buds (hence it's more diluted) rather than ground ones.

Here is my crumbled buds and oil in the jar:
full

Next is to cover the jar with foil and put a small hole in the foil. Then screw on the top of the jar without the center piece.

full

At this point I put in the oven at 200º for 6-8 hours, shaking it as often as is convenient. I shook mine about every 30 minutes.

full

When time's up, I turned off the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes, and then strained the oil using cheesecloth, but you can use a coffee filter if you want. After it's done, I put the cheesecloth in a ricer and squeeze out all the oily goodness I can.
20170918_075129.jpg

Now you have your warm oil, add 1tsp LSL (liquid sunflower lecithin, if you have it) per 8 ounces of oil and stir well. Cover it and leave it in the fridge over night.

If you have a small crockpot (2qt), you can use that instead of the jar in the oven. Instructions here and the post after it.

Next up...capsules! Let me know if you're still on board for this before I take up even more of your thread with the capsule tutorial!

Okay, here we go! This is easier than you think. I'll start with the incredibly easy method that @Oldbear uses:

Mine is more complicated, but only by time, not by technique. This technique is a combination of a number of website recommendations as well as a modified version of what the Magical Butter machine does.

What you will need is a scale, a measuring cup, a mason jar, tin foil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and an oven you have some faith in the temperature of. Liquid Sunflower Lecithin (LSL) is good if you can get your hands on some. And capsules if that's how you're going to be taking this.

The hardest part of this process is the math you need to do to determine the strength of the capsules you will be making. To simplify it, Oldbear created a spreadsheet you can save as an Excel file and modify to your liking. Here is the link:
Concentration and Doseage Calculator
If you're not doing custom blends like OldBear does, you can just use the first column. It works in grams and milliliters, so you'll need to convert your ounces of oil to ml.

Once you have the spreadsheet open on your computer, you start by entering the percentage of THC you think is in the material you will be using. I always use 10% because I'd rather err on the side of caution. If you know you have a high THC strain you can use a different number there. I leave the CBD % at 0 because there's hardly any in the strains I have on hand.

Next you will enter the amount of material you will be using. Oldbear does his decarb in the oil all in one step. I don't feel comfortable doing that, given the fluctuation of oven temps, so I decarb first, then I weigh it and add it to the spreadsheet. I use a long piece of tin foil, put the bud in it, then fold in half and seal along the three sides by folding the edges back over themselves. 240º in the oven for 90 minutes. I get the oven to temp first before I put the foil pocket in.

Once it's done, I let it cool for 10 minutes, open it up, crumble it, and weigh it. That weight goes in the spreadsheet where it says "Plant material in grams." Put that into mason jar.

Mine looks like this:
full

Next step is to figure how how much oil you will need to get to the THC concentration you want for your capsules. The spreadsheet will tell you the concentration level (green boxes on the right under Dose ML) when you put in a number in the box for "Oil volume." The less oil you add, the stronger the capsules. Of course, you will need enough oil to soak the crumbled material, so you may have to play with that cell while you see what you can get away with. I believe that 10mg/ml is the maximum dose for and edible in most legal states. That's a tough number to get to with this method unless you grind the material, because it takes more oil to cover crumbled buds (hence it's more diluted) rather than ground ones.

Here is my crumbled buds and oil in the jar:
full

Next is to cover the jar with foil and put a small hole in the foil. Then screw on the top of the jar without the center piece.

full

At this point I put in the oven at 200º for 6-8 hours, shaking it as often as is convenient. I shook mine about every 30 minutes.

full

When time's up, I turned off the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes, and then strained the oil using cheesecloth, but you can use a coffee filter if you want. After it's done, I put the cheesecloth in a ricer and squeeze out all the oily goodness I can.
20170918_075129.jpg

Now you have your warm oil, add 1tsp LSL (liquid sunflower lecithin, if you have it) per 8 ounces of oil and stir well. Cover it and leave it in the fridge over night.

If you have a small crockpot (2qt), you can use that instead of the jar in the oven. Instructions here and the post after it.

Next up...capsules! Let me know if you're still on board for this before I take up even more of your thread with the capsule tutorial!
I’m internet myself damn moon lucky guy awesome shed

Thanks shed, joe, dab, pt, penny toast and everyone else thats helped me get through this grow. A couple more days & into bags. I know i may have chopped a bit early, but living in this unfriendly state sucks and this thing was LOUD as hell. I cant imagine what someone did about the smell with many of these all in the poolhouse. Hehe. Wink. Where are u bro? U said you were coming right back. I lost your number with the update to the forum. Anyways. Back to the fact that we were getting weird visits from people so, wife got all paranoid and sketched out.....then that got me freaked by "momma bear's" instinct.....so without a doubt. Even if this ends up being worthless weed, cause its mild as hell so far, im cool with it. They are def dense as ive ever had. Theyre like rocks. No joke. If the smoke sux.....i still had fun. And ....now ive succesfully grown a photo period in my tent. Packing up my tent and lights....indefinitely (really bummed)......wife told me no more growing till we r in friendlier state. Waiting for the stars to allign and show me the path for my future and my destiny. Maybe i find the perfect place for us and its perfect for my hobby too. Or...maybe i give her a break for a bit and then she chills & i can pick up again. Or i can bring tent inside & just grow reg fruits veggies n flowers from seed......get the kids interested too. And help explain the "pink plant" outside on the porch.

Too bad you weren’t in canda I need actual friends to come help me grow and share stories and smoke lots of medicine . Our state is friend lily in July ✌

Back
Top Bottom