Guido's Wonder Woman, 1st Grow

BTW you won't be new for long with these great people. I have learned so much in a year. I am really just a parrot repeating what I have learned from all these very experienced people. I was scared out of my mind when I started. I have done two grows and I still have a plant waiting to be harvested but refusing to finish. It is a WW from nirvana as well.

Ok you need a reflector because even with the reflective material the light bounces all over the place. The reflectors will stabilize it a bit. Secondly the PH is way to high for veg. It should be around 5.8. All else looks great so far.

Thanks Alien8
I will take care of the reflector and ph and fan soonest. I appreciate the help and I have allready learned tons! thx all :bravo:

I think you need a fan also to move those plant around. Exercise makes the stems grow thicker like muscles for you and I. Doesn't have to be a big fan. Just a gentle oscellating breeze blowing between the plant and the lights is what you need.

Thanks Mostly my fan took a shit so I have to get a new one. Thats what I get for buying a $5 peice of junk. :thumb:

LOL Guido I am just a parrot repeating what MC and RM taught me. I can't put it all into practice but I certainly can be a parrot., hence why I don't have enough lights but it works for me.

June 14
I was putting reflectors on my lights and the veg bulbed popped. I have ordered a replacement.
Ph 5.75
Room Temp 78
Res Temp 80

I have noticed yellowing on the tips of 2 bottom leaves on 1 plant. I will add photos after I get Batteries for the camera.

Perfectly normal Guido. Could be from a slight nute burn. Could be from not getting the light since it's on the bottom. You'll know if the yellowing continues up the plant or you get spots on the leaves. If that heppens back off on the nutes by dumping a gallon of nuted water and replacing it with a gallon of ph'd water only. It always happens to me and then I know I'm right on the edge of the nute load it can take.

Hey G. I burnt mine too when I first started out. first off, our water sucks here.
I use the wally world water. Do like MC says, pull a gallon out, put in a gallon of ph. The gallon I took out, I kept in the fridge, came to replenish the res, I put that in, cooled the res down a little too for awhile.

78 might be kinda of high. I was told really no higher than 72. or you will run into root problems. Also something about the way water Oxidized, the cooler the water, the more oxidization there is for the roots.

Any chance of getting the water temp down?

June 14
I was putting reflectors on my lights and the veg bulbed popped. I have ordered a replacement.
Ph 5.75
Room Temp 78
Res Temp 80

I have noticed yellowing on the tips of 2 bottom leaves on 1 plant. I will add photos after I get Batteries for the camera.

Res Temp 80? Man, that will kill them for sure.

Hey G. I burnt mine too when I first started out. first off, our water sucks here.
I use the wally world water. Do like MC says, pull a gallon out, put in a gallon of ph. The gallon I took out, I kept in the fridge, came to replenish the res, I put that in, cooled the res down a little too for awhile.

78 might be kinda of high. I was told really no higher than 72. or you will run into root problems. Also something about the way water Oxidized, the cooler the water, the more oxidization there is for the roots.

Any chance of getting the water temp down?

Thanks for the help. I used gallon of res water. Oxidization is from the iron in the nutes. Never would of thought of thaking water out and freezing thanks again
:nicethread:

I noticed earlier that your lights are at 8" above your plants. I learned the hard way that you could lower them some if your stems are starting to stretch. Personally, after I learned from the pros here, I dropped mine to 4" .
Nice start on this one , I will be following a fellow newbie along on this one.

I noticed earlier that your lights are at 8" above your plants. I learned the hard way that you could lower them some if your stems are starting to stretch. Personally, after I learned from the pros here, I dropped mine to 4" .
Nice start on this one , I will be following a fellow newbie along on this one.

Thanks for the info on the lights (how much of each and the height away from the plants), they were at 8" because they were only sprouts and they had spent 4 days in natural sunlight and I didn't want to burn them. :thumb:

Use the hand test. Put the hand between the top of the plant and the light palm down the the top of the plant. Feel the warmth on the top of your hand and if it is comfortable for you hand the plants will love it. Depends on the lights too much to give an answer in inches but the hand test is foolproof.

Mr.Guido..

My apologies for just now getting to your Party,, Im a little "Slow" sometime's.. I'm Subscribed now though,, looking forward to seeing how thing's turn out for you.. ..
Not that I know what I'm talking about really,, yet,, I think it look's like you got it !! We ALL run into problem's when we first start out,, and we figure them out,, and handle them to the best of our ability.. .. :)

IM *ROOTING* FOR YA !! !!

Week 2 Veg

PH 6.0
Res. Temp. 68-71
Lights at 2" on 24 hours
I am using techna flora nutrients, at 3/4 strength
2 plants are 6" and 2 are at 4"
All four are very bushy and are looking healthy, may be slightly over fed, slight curling of leaves with no visibles signs of burn. 1 leaf on 1 plants has slight discoloring of the leaf, unsure why, but no signs of pests so I am not to worried at this point.
Roots are into the Res and I will be removing the water pump tommorrow.
The 2 larger plants were topped yesterday and I will top the smaller ones tommorrow.

Week_2_Day_3_Wonder_Woman_005.JPG

Week_2_Day_3_Wonder_Woman_004.JPG

Week_2_Day_3_Wonder_Woman_003.JPG

Week_2_Day_3_Wonder_Woman_002.JPG

Week_2_Day_3_Wonder_Woman_001.JPG

If anyone sees any problems or has any advice I would appreciate it.

All systems go. Does look a little overnuted but it may grow out of it. Keep it at 3/4 strength until the leaf tip come up closer to even. I like flat shinny leaves. You might want to mist it a little. The parts of the leaves between the veins are a little elevated. No biggie but it will help the grow. You have some nice thick stems there! Especially for the age.

All systems go. Does look a little overnuted but it may grow out of it. Keep it at 3/4 strength until the leaf tip come up closer to even. I like flat shinny leaves. You might want to mist it a little. The parts of the leaves between the veins are a little elevated. No biggie but it will help the grow. You have some nice thick stems there! Especially for the age.

Thanks MC
I had been misting with ph water and B-1 Green but have not done so in a 3 or 4 days and will mist using tonic water for the co2 benefit as well.
:reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom