H00k Shitz Brix & A Couple Of Other Things: Girlz 2019

Mornin'...few shots of the shed,,,day 4, post flip...keeping a close eye on the DDA's and Killer is not showing any ill effects from the CS treatment so far...

Morning. Your DDA is looking pretty healthy. Here's what a friend's looked like a few days before he harvested it:
full

The tote is just a po' folks drain pan (translation: only thing he already owned that was large enough to set the container in). The plant's container is a five-gallon GeoPot (fabric pot), from our forum sponsor of the same name. He's on disability, so when a contest winner already had a bunch, asked the company to send them to me, I put together a little care package for the guy. SweetSue was kind enough to win a light for him in a past Mars-Hydro contest - and he was off to the races, lol. He hadn't grown cannabis in lots of years, and that was outside, so he decided to do a "trial run" with just one plant, and wanted to grow something that was a little different than what he'd grown in the past. I figured the DDA would qualify ;) .

He only harvested a couple ounces, but said it was a blast watching it grow (colorfully), and appreciated the fact that he didn't need to worry about light leaks. Soil was just a mixture of Happy Frog and Ocean Forest (heavy on the former) that I had on hand and then added perlite to end up with a 3:1 soil:perlite mix. He asked for "easy care" so I included a quantity of Osmocote Plus, told him to mix it all through the soil at about half the dosage the manufacturer recommends for general use, and mentioned that he might need to add a little flowering nutrient late in the grow if it looked like it could use it. But he just kept giving it (tap) water with a spoonful of Epsom salt now and then. Seemed to work out okay for him.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested in seeing another DDA that exhibited a somewhat different growth pattern; he told me that he did almost no training on it. Plant might have been topped early on, though. I think he'd have liked to have a large central cola, but I wonder how the harvest weight will compare between the two.

Oh, and he did zero pH checks, accidentally gave it way too much water a couple times and it sat in its very own puddle until he noticed the next day... and (once) purposely gave it too much water because he was going to be away for a week and didn't want it to get thirsty - then returned home to discover it had become so dry that he lost an estimated 25% of its leaves.

Pretty resilient plant, methinks.

I showed him a picture of yours, and he said, "Nice plant!." Then I showed the pictures you posted a while back of the outside of your grow space and your front yard and he was even more enthusiastic, lol. Just another old hillbilly who could often be found with a rod & reel in his hands before they became nearly unusable (his hands, I mean, not the fishing stuff).

That DDA is gorgeous Hook! :thedoubletake:
I put together a little care package for the guy. SweetSue was kind enough to win a light for him in a past Mars-Hydro contest - and he was off to the races
That's amazing man! This 420 community is awesome! :woohoo:
That's a good looking plant he grew with minimal effort :bravo:

You going to have some nice sized plants out there Mister Hook..........

Lookin' great, Bro! :welldone:

Brothers Neiko & Ween have you straight on letting them get good & rootbound before up-potting.

Only as an FYI, these days I've been feeding very heavy and do 2ml per gallon of soil on all drenches plus 1ml per gallon of soil of tea (VERY "easy peasy"! :laugh: ). The plants take it well and I like to make sure there's heavy microbial action. I'm not recommending you do this, but it is what I've been doing.

That being said, looking at the fade on the OE, maybe I should have gone lighter on the CAT drenches with that one? :hmmmm:

...Thanks Mr. K...appreciate the input... :thumb:...growth and Trans shouldn't be an issue, as I ordered extra with the "kit"...Tea however could be an issue...20/20 hindsight, prolly should have ordered an extra as well...may have to consider doing so...while the "kit" is well thought out, a couple lengthy Sativa's could easily deplete the basic kit bottle ahead of harvest...I'm thinking that if one was close and ran out...humic acid could be a substitute...but I say that without any qualification

Morning. Your DDA is looking pretty healthy. Here's what a friend's looked like a few days before he harvested it:
full

The tote is just a po' folks drain pan (translation: only thing he already owned that was large enough to set the container in). The plant's container is a five-gallon GeoPot (fabric pot), from our forum sponsor of the same name. He's on disability, so when a contest winner already had a bunch, asked the company to send them to me, I put together a little care package for the guy. SweetSue was kind enough to win a light for him in a past Mars-Hydro contest - and he was off to the races, lol. He hadn't grown cannabis in lots of years, and that was outside, so he decided to do a "trial run" with just one plant, and wanted to grow something that was a little different than what he'd grown in the past. I figured the DDA would qualify ;) .

He only harvested a couple ounces, but said it was a blast watching it grow (colorfully), and appreciated the fact that he didn't need to worry about light leaks. Soil was just a mixture of Happy Frog and Ocean Forest (heavy on the former) that I had on hand and then added perlite to end up with a 3:1 soil:perlite mix. He asked for "easy care" so I included a quantity of Osmocote Plus, told him to mix it all through the soil at about half the dosage the manufacturer recommends for general use, and mentioned that he might need to add a little flowering nutrient late in the grow if it looked like it could use it. But he just kept giving it (tap) water with a spoonful of Epsom salt now and then. Seemed to work out okay for him.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested in seeing another DDA that exhibited a somewhat different growth pattern; he told me that he did almost no training on it. Plant might have been topped early on, though. I think he'd have liked to have a large central cola, but I wonder how the harvest weight will compare between the two.

Oh, and he did zero pH checks, accidentally gave it way too much water a couple times and it sat in its very own puddle until he noticed the next day... and (once) purposely gave it too much water because he was going to be away for a week and didn't want it to get thirsty - then returned home to discover it had become so dry that he lost an estimated 25% of its leaves.

Pretty resilient plant, methinks.

I showed him a picture of yours, and he said, "Nice plant!." Then I showed the pictures you posted a while back of the outside of your grow space and your front yard and he was even more enthusiastic, lol. Just another old hillbilly who could often be found with a rod & reel in his hands before they became nearly unusable (his hands, I mean, not the fishing stuff).

...Thanks Buddy!.,:thumb:...appreciate the pic...that is a VERY nice looking plant...I would be ecstatic if either of mine would have shown that pheno...I had intentions of topping one, but the onset of pistils at a few inches tall(17 days) left me puzzled as what to do, so I just let them do their thing...and while I think their yield will be less than what I would consider average for auto's, I'm somewhat relieved how they are finishing...the main cola's will have some weight, and while I don't require significant yields(personal use and curiosity only) I sure am impressed with their color and subject for the camera...
That DDA is gorgeous Hook! :thedoubletake:

That's amazing man! This 420 community is awesome! :woohoo:
That's a good looking plant he grew with minimal effort :bravo:

...Gracias Irie!...and Yes. this community is beyond compare IMHO...so many online/real time relationships have been forged here...
You going to have some nice sized plants out there Mister Hook..........
...thanks Woody!...that's always the plan, but in the end, quality over quantity is the end game....having both is gravy!....wishing you and Miss J all the best...:thumb:

...cheerz Ya'll!...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

...Thanks Buddy!.,:thumb:...appreciate the pic...that is a VERY nice looking plant...I would be ecstatic if either of mine would have shown that pheno...

I'll pass along the compliments. I gave him a good quantity of the seeds, because the germination rates (due to my storage screw-up) of most of my stock are quite poor, but the batch of DDA that I gave him is from a later batch that... didn't get quite so hot :rolleyes: . So he has a few left, and intends/hopes to be able to grow most of them out. He's subject to government(?) inspection because of his circumstances, which I think happens either toward the end of this month or some time next month, but after that, he'll be on round two.

He's hoping that he'll see the green phenotype; I mentioned having read that it's supposed to be the more potent one. But I don't know how likely that will be. All of my DDA seeds are from (the same) selfing that someone did two or three years ago. One of these days, one of us will manage to get out from behind the eight ball and save up enough money to buy some seeds, and I expect that a package of DDA will be on that list. BtW, I was "daydreaming" during a virtual visit to The Vault and saw that they sell 100-packs of Dark Devil Auto for $384.29US. Less than $4/seed, lol. I can remember choosing a strain or two that was around $200 for ten. Different... ah... level, but still.

He did briefly express the wish that he'd have harvested more than a couple of ounces. The words "that's because you chose to grow ONE PLANT (and one known to not be all that productive)" shut him up. I'm guessing that his next grow might have some "lack of elbow room" issues ;) . . . .

Looking great h00k - that DDa is close to my favourite toke! And those look beautiful indeed. The new kids look super as well, perfectly healthy and happy in the sun. :yummy:

room in the veg area
@StoneyMemoirs grows his DDA in a corner of his flower tent. He gave me his growing rap on them over in the DDa thread, i’ll seek it out - make sure I’m remembering right :)

This is it...
Amy,

I've grown 10 or so DDAs now in the Kit--from experience, I'd run them in the flower tent from birth, and keep them on that light schedule, sprouted right into their final pot, right in the flower tent.

One they get 5 nodes, start feeding @ full strength, with a transplant drench first. They love it, especially the Transplant Drench. Recharge them early, and Cat Drench them late. The smell is unbelievably good. Key Lime pie meets Grape Soda, for me, and finishing on a Growth Ionic Drench doesn't hurt either :).

To get them to go amber in the kit you'll need to push 90-100 days--I'm with Sue, I like 'em racy, so I tend to harvest much earlier than that. PM me if you have any questions along the way!

Cheers

Stoney

PS--One of my stoney pals here in the bay asks me regularly whether or not I've got any DDA left. He swears it's one of the best highs around. I like it in the morning, just one puff, and I'm good to get stuff done for hours. I have to lie and tell him "no, sorry man, not yet." It's the definition of head stash for me. o_O:yahoo:

Dark Devil going to be tasty goodie! 420%

Never worried about yield until I was running out! lol

The hundred or so I've ran over the years never a big yielder. You can run 20 @ a time on a 3x5 table. You should get close to 2#s in the cans. Easy to grow too.

I have seeds stashed from gunner here and also a few 10 packs from the seed vendors.

look after the knee, and enjoy the cottage when Ya' get up ther...Did you move yet?...can't recall reading that...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Thanks Doc on the knee thing, 1 day at a time. I think I got this.

haven't moved yet but thats not really a problem for us yet. Since my knee took a dump I'm good not packing and all that jazz.

Waiting on a few things for settlement.
Seller needs to move,
radon needs to be removed,
right of way on driveway needs to be removed.

Little sh$t stuff = soon enough.

All good, why I haven't shut down my flower room yet. lol

Someone else is living in your home, there's radioactive gas, and the possibility that people (or utility lines/pipes?) might routinely cross through your property...

What do you consider BIG issues, lol?

I'm just yanking your chain a tiny bit. Hope you get everything straightened out, soonest!

...mornin' Ya'll...some pics from last evening...will likely be chopping one DDA tomorrow...can't tell from pics, but through the loupe, quite a few amber trich's...the other will probably follow suit later in the week...
...still waiting on the Killer to show some girl/boy parts...day 7 of flip and twice a day spraying with CS...good news is, she's showing no sign of any stress from the CS treatment...

...have a great Sunday everyone!...you too @Duggan wherever you are... :rofl:;)...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Purps in da house! Me like purps. Making me wanna pop some beans.

Someone else is living in your home, there's radioactive gas, and the possibility that people (or utility lines/pipes?) might routinely cross through your property...

What do you consider BIG issues, lol?

I'm just yanking your chain a tiny bit. Hope you get everything straightened out, soonest!

Yeah the little things.

The problem child really is the right of way on our driveway. It's easily 100meters long. It belongs to the home not the local municipality, unless of course they wanna plow my driveway every time it snows. I'd be good with it. It's a drive way that ends at the garage. Right now its not on the deed and we have 3 parcels all divided by that right of way. Issue goes back to the 50s when the driveway was abandoned by the state - used to be a state road but they re-built the state road far away from our property but never gave up the ROW for some reason.

Issue goes back to the 50s when the driveway was abandoned by the state - used to be a state road but they re-built the state road far away from our property but never gave up the ROW for some reason.

Doesn't surprise me even a little bit. If you ever slip and fall on it, try threatening to sue, lol. 99 times out of 100, someone would just politely(?) tell you to go p!ss up a rope, but maybe you'll get lucky and be caller number 100 (lol) and someone will be naive enough to panic.

Hey, dr.h00k, how many days since sprouting (above ground) old will that DDA be tomorrow?

Purps in da house! Me like purps. Making me wanna pop some beans.

Yeah the little things.

The problem child really is the right of way on our driveway. It's easily 100meters long. It belongs to the home not the local municipality, unless of course they wanna plow my driveway every time it snows. I'd be good with it. It's a drive way that ends at the garage. Right now its not on the deed and we have 3 parcels all divided by that right of way. Issue goes back to the 50s when the driveway was abandoned by the state - used to be a state road but they re-built the state road far away from our property but never gave up the ROW for some reason.

...Yup...Purple is definitely something to behold...Funny how Municipalities have these road allowances in the strangest places...:hmmmm:...there is a road allowance all along the shoreline out front...never was...never will be,a road even considered...way back when, we had to apply for year round status, as we were all classified as recreational property, so they made a whack of requirements to realize that status...lot size was one determination, and even with a double lot, we were a bit short...however we were allowed to purchase the road allowance to achieve the required size...in your case they should sign it over IMHO...but...who knows, if there is a chance to squeeze a few bucks.......Good Luck...

...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

...Lil' update...yesterday all the young girls got a drink of water with a teeny splash of tea...they're all doing well...no pics of them...will get some at next feeding or sooner if I move them to the shed this week...
...so today was chop day for the DDA's...one could have gone a lil' longer, but as they say...make hay while the sun shines, and Boy! it was shining today, and supposed to be the same for 5 days...just hope that's not all we get to call summer...

...10:30 a.m. in the shade...luvving' it!...
...currently 84F in the shade...:yahoo:...

...all set up...

...DDA #1...

...DDA # 2...

...I may move the young girlz out to the big room and get them under some horsepower, now that temps have seemingly become seasonable...
...Happy Hump Day...it's all downhill from here...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Back
Top Bottom