H0bbyGr0wer89 - Soil - White Widow - 2016

Jumping in as well here, I think she looks great. I would give her more time as well. give another week of full nutes at least and make sure to check the top bud and other bud for trichome color, never the leaves. Leaves will turn amber first. that solitary trichome may have ripened because of physical damage, brushing up against another part of the plant for instance. This makes sense because a few of the trichs around that one have received some damage and had their heads knocked off somehow. So keep a week of full nute and then take more pics and we can help you decide.

I really dont start even checking trichomes until 50% of the pistils go brown.
EXTREMELY helpful - I'll check multiple areas (not leaves) and also going to go by the general look of the buds; size, pistol color, fullness, etc...

Ima let her go as long as I can before I get too much amber trichoms, since that's the point where THC begins to degrade.

Sent from my SM-N920T using 420

Jumping in as well here, I think she looks great. I would give her more time as well. give another week of full nutes at least and make sure to check the top bud and other bud for trichome color, never the leaves. Leaves will turn amber first. that solitary trichome may have ripened because of physical damage, brushing up against another part of the plant for instance. This makes sense because a few of the trichs around that one have received some damage and had their heads knocked off somehow. So keep a week of full nute and then take more pics and we can help you decide.

I really dont start even checking trichomes until 50% of the pistils go brown.

Just to clarify because I worry it might be misinterpreted, you mean at least another week of full nutes, not another week of full nutes at least. Correct?

In other words H0bby, you won't be doing more than full nutes, ever. I'm probably just being pedantic. Sorry all.

Field Commander RTK ask for support, reinforcements have arrived to help our hobbygrower succeed ..
That super crop looks very successful, nice job on that. Those pistils are plentiful. I'll keep updated on these girls.
No joke - RTK is the forum god... hahaha

I just hoped someone that actually knows what they are doing would help both of us out here. I've offered some advice that I really don't feel qualified to offer. I've got one grow and 5 plants through to harvest in the last 30 years, all of them since last Halloween. I'd hate for my hubris to cost H0bby a great grow.

Shigs, as usual, :adore:!

Did the angled LEDs fixtures make any difference in lower bud and growth development? I've thought about doing that with my dual LEDs. Only thing stopping me is I have too many plants right now. Also would the heat from the diodes go upward into the next diode and so on heatinh up more than recommended?

Did the angled LEDs fixtures make any difference in lower bud and growth development? I've thought about doing that with my dual LEDs. Only thing stopping me is I have too many plants right now. Also would the heat from the diodes go upward into the next diode and so on heatinh up more than recommended?
Great question - I decided against it. The plant wasn't "reaching." However, it was also over watered at the time, so I don't think I got an accurate "all other things constant" trial period.

Also would the heat from the diodes go upward into the next diode and so on heatinh up more than recommended?

good consideration. If the case is well sealed and air is forced over the heat sinks with the fans, theoretically most of the heat should be going out the vents rather than being on the plant side so shouldn't have the opportunity to rise over the higher bulbs..

now i want a laser thermometer.

:geek:

I have to share this beautiful photo :D

Can't believe she is this frosty and is only a little over half way done... at 5 weeks officially, today.

20160210_214956-1.jpg

I've found that cutting just the tips of any fan leaf fingers that may block light to lower buds. Most of the time its just a small portion of it that covers them up. Im posting pics of my lower buds later this morning in my journal. They're the size of my thumb, and just as long.

Unrelated to this particular grow, but I wanted to share...

I have a super-seed on my hands lol. I germinated 6 seeds and one of the "Mozambique Poison" seeds took off REDICULOUSLY fast. I germinated all 6 at the same time (around 5 days ago) and check out where she is (first picture) compared to all other 5 other seeds just peeking out of their shells (second picture).

I sure hope it turns out to be female!

20160211_134156-1.jpg

20160211_134632-1.jpg

Question: can I have these young plant in the same tent as my current, with 12/12 light? I know they won't flower, but just wondering if it will confuse them and cause a potential to hermie when I harvest my current plant and go into 18/6 for these in about 2-3 weeks....

well.. its possible to "re-veg" a plant that was in flower, and clone a flowering plant, so i don't see why its not possible though if you're looking for a quick turn around it may be simpler to give them a couple CFL's till then, as they will have to revert from flower back to veg and that can take some time for them to begin growing again.

Personally, i probably wouldn't, just because i don't know enough and it seems simpler to leave them under 24/0 CFL for those 2 weeks rather than risking it or spending time waiting for them to go back into veg and get bigger.

i'd be interested to hear from someone with more experience in the matter as well.

Thanks for the response, Kingsnake! Not a bad idea with the CFLs... they don't need much light at that early stage anyways.... and that's pretty cheap - ill probably go this route. Still curious, though, if anyone else has tried this!

I've done Early veg phase with cfls with good success. I'm sure Mh is better in late vegetation but for the first couple weeks a cfl Or two per plant Is very effective. Must keep them no more than 4 inches away from leaves though.
Hope that gives you some insight. Check my journal for details.
Cheers

I've done Early veg phase with cfls with good success. I'm sure Mh is better in late vegetation but for the first couple weeks a cfl Or two per plant Is very effective. Must keep them no more than 4 inches away from leaves though.
Hope that gives you some insight. Check my journal for details.
Cheers

I 2nd this, you definitely get tighter node spacing. Especially if you don't have LEDs

Ok peeps - I flushed her today! She is on her way to death... will harvest in 2 weeks (maybe longer if she looks like she still has some nutes and could go a little longer).

Quick question... is there a "best practice" for correcting soil PH? While I was flushing, I figured I would correct the PH (runoff was at 7). No matter what, the runoff was still 7 lol; I even put about 1-2 gallons of water with about 3 PH through it and still came out to 7 on the other end hahaha.

Pretty interesting... any advice?

PS: I supercropped her again (oops) ;). It worked so well the first time... and a day or two after the second, tons of white pistols sprouted up again. Makes the bottom part of the plant explode - I do not regret it... yet...

Back
Top Bottom