H0bbyGr0wer89 - Soil - White Widow - 2016

I got some good advice from the 420 chat -

I am going to let her dry out (perhaps over-watering), then I am going to flush her (check runoff PH), and lastly... I am going to follow the flush with proper nutrients and PH (depending on what I see with the runoff)... as if nothing ever happened.

That should cover most of my bases... correct for any over-watering; flush out any excess nutrients, salt, etc.; correct the PH (if needed); and add back in the lower (1/2) amount of all nutrients.

Lemme know if you think this battle plan is flawed :thumb:

My only thing... I dont really wanna flush her right after letting her dry out (what if over-watering was 100% of the problem?) but I dont see any other way. Plus... I suppose I'll be able to tell if she is getting happier as she dries out (then I wouldn't need to flush).

Alright peeps - I think she is doing better!

I am letting the roots dry out - in the meantime, I did a foliar spray with PH'd water and 1/2 nutrients (no molasses, no nitrogen) - with the addition of Magnesium via Advanced Nutrients 'X-Factor."

Oh, btw... I "supercropped" her a day ago lol. It pained me to bend over the most beautiful part of the plant... but I read that although it is better to supercrop during veg, if you get to a point where you need to do it in early flower, it will still have positive effects. So, I gave it a shot and she doesn't seem stressed at all... I can already see an improvement in the lower growth.

The super cropping also allowed me to reposition my lights from the top - I don't think I am a fan of having them on the sides after they have been there for a week or two - I like seeing the plant "reaching" upward and growing; it won't do this with the lights out to the side. At least, it seemed to not be as effective to me...

Whether it is the redistribution of hormones from the supercropping, the foliar spray providing deficient nutrients, the roots drying up some more, and/or the repositioning of the lights - she is looking better!

Some updated photos below:

20160202_141555-1.jpg

20160202_141746.jpg

Thanks, Artee!

Also - I have to give HGS some major props. They have great customer service - email responses are almost instant and they even took a look at my grow journal :).

The best part is the genetics (I think) - I have done so many small things wrong during this first grow and yet... she is producing major node density, buds everywhere that one could possibly fit, and not one male stamen from stress. Ive heard that "feminized" seeds are more likely to hermie? Also, large and FROSTY buds that are coming along so nicely.

I removed the link since I'm not sure if hgs is a sponsor - just make sure that the website is "highgrade-seeds" since there are some scam sites that look the same and are piggy-backing off of people trying to go to the real site.
Sent from my SM-N920T using 420

Ok - so, I thinned her out and kind of lollipoped her... there were a few little branches that were doing nothing but taking up energy, and I also removed any "popcorn" buds that just weren't worth keeping on her.

She will be 5 weeks into 12/12 on the 10th.

20160205_113026-1.jpg

20160205_114210-1.jpg

20160205_114241-1.jpg

UPDATE:

She is doing great, guys! I thought she hermied there for a sec, but that was simply due to my naive-et-tayyy. It was just pre-flowers that didn't have pistols (couple guys helped me out on the chat with that one).

Here are some pics from today, at the end of week 5.

20160209_142721-1.jpg
20160209_143217.jpg
20160209_143600.jpg

It looks like she skipped cloudy and is going straight to amber? Should I start flushing now and harvest her in 2 week? That would be 7 weeks of flower. Thanks in advance for the help.

20160209_193831.jpg

It looks like she skipped cloudy and is going straight to amber? Should I start flushing now and harvest her in 2 week? That would be 7 weeks of flower. Thanks in advance for the help.

20160209_193831.jpg

Check multiple locations, from several buds particularly from the tops, etc.

Honestly, she looks like she'll need all of those two weeks to really fatten up. I'm a bit disillusioned with magnifying a microscopic portion of the plant and determining anything about the rest of the plant from that view. I think of it like picking up a dozen grains of sand by the water and deciding off that if you like the beach.

Others will have very different opinions, and mine is fresh and even possibly fluid. :)

Thanks, Artee! I think you might be the only one still following LOL. I'll monitor a couple more samples. A lot of the hairs are still white and the buds DO look like they will fatten up quite a bit more. I'll go with the more holistic approach, like you say.

Thanks, Artee! I think you might be the only one still following LOL.

I'm going to see if I can fix that, and get some more experienced opinions here for ya.

I'll monitor a couple more samples. A lot of the hairs are still white and the buds DO look like they will fatten up quite a bit more. I'll go with the more holistic approach, like you say.

My co-grower Jaybiz is a firm believer in the microscope's view, so we have debates on when to finish each and every one. The plump white hairs and lack of any significant fade is what I was going off of. If she was mine I'd probably keep her at her current nutrient levels for one more week and reassess then.

Took me a little bit to find this journal, but thanks to Art I'm here.:thumb: Tho maybe a little late.. But eager to see other journals of yours. I have went over this one and you did a pretty good job so Im still going to pull up a seat beside Art and ride er out till the very end! ;)

Sending :peace: & positive energy :Namaste:

Took me a little bit to find this journal, but thanks to Art I'm here.:thumb: Tho maybe a little late.. But eager to see other journals of yours. I have went over this one and you did a pretty good job so Im still going to pull up a seat beside Art and ride er out till the very end! ;)

Sending :peace: & positive energy :Namaste:

Here we go HG, you couldn't have asked for a more experienced and knowledgeable grower than our friend Kidgrow here.

Kidgrow: Based on HG's last couple of pictures here, how long do you think he's got to go on it? I've said a couple weeks to not lock myself into a date. :)

Here we go HG, you couldn't have asked for a more experienced and knowledgeable grower than our friend Kidgrow here.

Kidgrow: Based on HG's last couple of pictures here, how long do you think he's got to go on it? I've said a couple weeks to not lock myself into a date. :)
You da man/woman, Artee! (Assuming man, but going to be politically correct here) lol

Thank you for joining in, Kidgrow. Thank you in advance for any help / advice!

Speaking of more grow journals -

I plan on trying to leave as many branches and leaves as possible on the current plant, in hopes that she will bounce back for a perpetual grow. Also, in anticipation of the current WW being harvested somewhat soon, I have germinated new seeds of the following strains and will be doing another grow journal (4-6 plants, depending on M/F turnout for non-feminized seeds):

- Shanghai Express - Regular (Rare 100% pure chinese sativa, with alleged psychedelic effects - red/purple buds)
- Mozambique Poison - Regular (Landrace Sativa - crazy bright blue looking buds)
- Zambian Gold - Feminized (Landrace Sativa - white/red hairs, heavy resin, similar to Malawi)
- Purple Nepalese - Feminized (Landrace Sativa - dark compact buds, extremely high resin content)

:thumb:

Jumping in as well here, I think she looks great. I would give her more time as well. give another week of full nutes at least and make sure to check the top bud and other bud for trichome color, never the leaves. Leaves will turn amber first. that solitary trichome may have ripened because of physical damage, brushing up against another part of the plant for instance. This makes sense because a few of the trichs around that one have received some damage and had their heads knocked off somehow. So keep a week of full nute and then take more pics and we can help you decide.

I really dont start even checking trichomes until 50% of the pistils go brown.

i can't add to anything others have said, but i'll tag along and see how she goes!

/subbed

Ill try to pop in when I can. Looks like most are here already

Field Commander RTK ask for support, reinforcements have arrived to help our hobbygrower succeed ..
That super crop looks very successful, nice job on that. Those pistils are plentiful. I'll keep updated on these girls.
No joke - RTK is the forum god... hahaha

Back
Top Bottom