Harry's Quest For Indica Dominance

High Harry, I know that somewhere in your threads you have likely noted what soil compositions and ferts you used and I'm sorry I didn't make note of it but I was wondering if you can tell me what you are currently using?

It looks like you are doing something right to get such results and I'd like to add your solutions to my archives for when I start my outdoor grow in pots.

I hope that I'm not imposing too much work for you Bro. Thanks

Marbles420

Thank everyone. :smokin:

Marbles420, I post the lighting details, grow medium mix and the nutes I use in the very first post on each of my Journals.

I've settled on this for my grow medium..

50% MG Canadian Sphagnum Moss
25% Worm Castings
25% perlite
Powdered Dolomite Lime (2tbls per gallon of medium)

This is the poor man's version of Fox Farm's Ocean Forest. :grinjoint:

I've found that I really like the MG Canadian Sphagnum. Combined with the worm castings, I find it has just the right amount of added nutes for starting the vegging or flowering phase. I can start out with light doses of liquid vegging and flowering nutes and work my way up.

I grow the plants (clones) in a 20oz cup until I get 3-4 nodes then, move to a 10" 1.75 gallon veg post. I stay in that pot until I'm ready for flowering (they're about bound by then) and then move to a 5 gallon bucket.

I use a wet/dry watering cycle and I feed once per week (or every other watering). During flowering, I usually water and/or feed with 1 gallon of water. That normally doesn't cause any water to come out the bottom. I only water more that that if I'm looking to check the run off PH. It takes about a 1.333 gallons to get run off but, I don't fix it if it ain't broke. ;)

Sorry if that is too much info. :bong:

Update: Lavern and Shirley have fully dried and are beginning to cure. Both plants are very potent but are different in look and taste. Lavern is green, gold with lighter red hairs and Shirley is darker green, with some purple hues and darker red hairs. Lavern has a sweet piny kine taste. Shirley, while still sweet, has a more earthy and mysterious flavor.

Here's a few pictures of the final product.

I only got around 2.5oz from Shirley. She wasn't that great of a yielding plant.

lavnugs5.jpg

lavnugs6.jpg

Lavern on the other hand, yielded over 5oz. I expect that that I can get a little more than that from a clone that's properly LST'd.

lavnugs1.jpg

lavnugs2.jpg

lavnugs3.jpg

lavnugs4.jpg

lavnugcont0309-1.jpg

lavnugcont0309-2.jpg

I estimate I got around 300 seeds from these two plants. :peace:

Two down with three more to go.... :smokin:

:peace:

Harry

High Harry, I apologize for the repeat questions about your grows, I did find your list as I reread through your journals. Time was limited for me yesterday and I get a bit anxious to get my grow started but I can only take one step at a time. I am rushing to learn all I can (crash course) and get the grow area built cuz the clock is ticking as you know.

I've been accused of being a perfectionist, I confess, lol
I can only hope for results like your's if I follow your guidelines... I wish you the best in your harvests :grinjoint:

I really appreciate your courteous replies and superb photos of PREMO POT.
Who knows, maybe you can write a book about "Growing Cannabis", really!

:thanks: :peace: Marbles

looks so good! Cant wait for a smoke report.

Thanks peeps!! :grinjoint:

Poke Smot, some growers use FFOF like it is out of the bag but I would recommend that you add around 20% perlite to mix. From my experience, MMJ likes the extra drainage and aeration.

Harry

Thanks so much, DJBweeden420an, Fly, Perky and Swamp.

Lavern turned out to be some real mule kick. :smokin:

Update: After 85 days @ 12/12, my Fast Betty clone (choco-skunky) finally starting showing some ambers, so I decided to flush. I think the cooler temps over the last few months slowed everything down just a little. Everything seems pushed back about 10 days from what I expected.

I snapped a few pix while I was flushing. I trimmed lots of "do nothing" lower branches off her during the stretch, as she has the tendency to produce lots of scrub at the bottom. That seemed to have worked pretty well because she produced some huge colas. She doesn't produce rock hard buds like some other strains I have (Roxy), but what she lacks in density, she makes up for in bulk. She also packs quite a punch.

qfifbflush1.jpg

qfifbflush2.jpg

qfifbflush3.jpg

qfifbflush4.jpg

qfifbflush5.jpg

qfifbflush8.jpg

Some of the smaller colas developed a little color..

qfifbflush7.jpg

I figure it will take 4 or 5 days for the saturation that came with flushing to dry out. I'm planning on a weekend harvest. I'll also be flushing Emma at some point this week as well.

More later... :smokin:

Harry

Wow looks so good!

Thanks y'all!! She should be a good yielder. :smokin:

Another interesting thing about this plant is that she doesn't really produce lots of red hairs. Many of the pistils just seem to turn kinda gray, rather than red..

Last time I grew it, it came out looking like this when dried....

lstchosknt2.jpg

Harry

That is just a thing of beauty. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom