HashGirl's First Indoor Grow: Dark Devil Autos In Hempy, 2020

Great read TS - thanks!

Lots of tasty nuggets to digest here HG. Don’t worry if you don’t get them all right now.

As far as needing to change from Veg to Bloom nutes, this is something that is not universally accepted, but is built into the Flora trio. If you are going to follow their philosophy regarding reducing N (decrease Grow) and raising the so-called bloom nute P (increase Bloom), then I would wait until the plant is really slowing down stretch. If it’s shooting up 6” in a day now (really?), then wait until it’s only going up 1/2” a day to gradually make a slight change. Cannabis really doesn’t need very much P to make beautiful buds.

WARNING: Opinions ahead ;) .

As usual, I'm just rambling.

Good morning, TS.

You may ramble but you usually provide good info so ramble on. It's always appreciated. :hug:

If you are still at 1/4 strength, it would be a good idea to increase the fertilization dose, given the growth spurt into stretch, but I would continue to use more Grow instead of increasing the Bloom at this point. Reducing N too early during stretch can really reduce growth. They are vegetatively growing still - not quite ready to settle down to the business of making buds.

Thanks, dynamo.

I fertigated but it wasn't fun since I wasn't feeling most of the day and the damn pH was driving me nuts so I'm not going to post an update tonight. I'll post it tomorrow. I'm sure you will understand.

I meant to say I wasn't feeling well yesterday and maybe should have waited until today to fertigate but I didn't and it's done now.

So, the whole 6" thing was a fantasy but DDA1 is much larger than DDA2. DDA1 is 9" tall and DDA2 is 7.5" tall. DDA1 is now 17" from the light. Should I move the light up? And, to what height?

Yesterday's average pH was 6. The plants are drinking more now so I'm assuming it's because the roots need more? I used to be able to use half of the 3.79L of nuted water for each plant but now each plant is taking in around 3/4 of the container so I end up having to make 2 batches of nutes, which yesterday, just meant more pH problems.

The new pH meter indicated 12. something when I first put it in the nuted water so I added pH down (about 4 drops) and it dropped all the way down to 1. something so then I had to add pH up and it took it back up above 10 and then it went too low and then too high and too low and too high and when you have a splitting headache and feel nauseous, it was definitely not what I wanted to spend time on. :(

Here are the photos. DDA1 is up first and then DDA2. I always shoot a photo of the whole pot, which is labelled with which plant is in each so that people know which one is which and then all photos related to each pot is listed under that plant's name. Clear as mud? :laughtwo:

Photo 1 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 2 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 3 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 5 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 6 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 7 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 8 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 9 - DDA2.jpeg

Hiya HG - I hope ya feel better soon!

pH can do that (drive you crazy), but you will get the hang of it. :green_heart:

DDA1 looks very dark and has the “claw” - both a sign of N toxicity. But DDA2 looks fine. What exactly did you mix for DDA1? In any case, you can address this immediately in hempy.

Mix up a lighter dose NOW, and fertigate DDA1 by holding your finger over the hole, pour into perlite until you hear (first) or see the perlite raise slightly. Hold for a couple minutes, and then take your finger away and let it spurt.

Hi Felipe.

Both DDAs got 1.25 ml (35 drops) FloraMicro & FloraGro & .6 ml (15 drops) FloraBloom per 3.79L., which is 1/4 strength of what the Flora Series feedchart says for late growth.

When you say a lighter dose, how much lighter? And, why would DDA1 be showing nitrogen toxicity when DDA2 isn't?

Okay. I had about 70% of my 4L container left so I just added more water to it and adjusted the pH to 6 and used that. I assume that's okay?

Also, I noticed this on the bottom leaf of DDA1:

IMG_4851.jpeg

Is that part of a nitrogen toxicity, too or something else entirely?

If I stick a pH meter in anything that I've mixed up and it reads 12, first thing I'm going to do is check its calibration. If I get a reading of 12, add just a few drops of pH Down to the nutrient solution and it reads 1, I'll probably skip "the first thing" and go find a trash can to put it in.

Is your light really bright/powerful? Because, otherwise... I probably wouldn't raise the light unless/until they start looking bleached. On the other hand, I have very little experience with DDA; maybe it's supposed to be kind of... er... petite?

I think Rifleman told me that he saw nitrogen excess symptoms even when he used very little. (Could be misremembering, though.) Maybe try running a little more of the Bloom component (or a PK booster, if you use one). Or... more light, lol? Feed a kid well, and it'll grow up healthy and strong. Unless it just sits around all day, then it grows up to be fat. A parent could decide to put it on quarter-rations, I guess - or keep feeding it well, but make it go outside and get some exercise. In... the sunlight ;) .

IDK. Not thinking very well today. Feel like my brain died, and the body hasn't quite caught up with it.

It was fertigation day today and boy, did my ladies look sad. They're looking better this evening but still not great. Photos are this morning before fertigation and this evening after 6 hours of nutes and lights out.

pH was 6.3. No issues adjusting up and down today. I did have to calibrate the pH meter. It was brand new when I fertigated on Monday so I didn't know it had to be calibrated before using the first time since I fertigated when Felonious was out and about and that was also the day that I wasn't feeling well so there's that, too. Anyhow, it's calibrated now and today's process went much easier.

DDA1 has shot up 2 more inches despite her droopiness. And, DDA2 is now 8.5 inches tall, which is 1.75 taller from Monday so I guess I'm doing something right. :battingeyelashes:

Anyhow, here are the photos. Let me know what you think.

DDAs Before Fertigation:

Photo 1 - DDAs before fertigation.jpeg

DDAs After Fertigation:

Photo 1a - DDAs - After Fertigation.jpeg

DDA1 Before Fertigation (doesn't she look sad?):

Photo 2 - DDA1 - BF.jpeg

DDA1 After Fertigation (a little better):

Photo 2a - DDA1 - AF.jpeg

DDA1 Before Fertigation:

Photo 3 - DDA1 - BF.jpeg

DDA1 After Fertigation:

Photo 3a - DDA1 - AF.jpeg

DDA1 Before Fertigation:

Photo 4 - DDA1 - BF.jpeg

DDA1 After Fertigation:

Photo 4a - DDA1 - AF.jpeg

I'll post DDA2's photos in the next post so I don't hit the limit.

DDA2 Before Fertigation:

Photo 5 - DDA2 - BF.jpeg

DDA2 After Fertigation:

Photo 5a - DDA2 - AF.jpeg

DDA2 Before Fertigation:

Photo 6 - DDA2 - BF.jpeg

DDA2 After Fertigation:

Photo 6a - DDA2 - AF.jpeg

DDA2 Before Fertigation:

Photo 7 - DDA2 - BF.jpeg

DDA2 After Fertigation:

Photo 7a - DDA2 - AF.jpeg

Sorry, the shots from morning to night aren't identical but I didn't know I was going to post them this way until I went to rename them and I'm high so I didn't want to get them out again although, I suspect Felipe might yell at me to go and do something to them shortly. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom