HashGirl's First Indoor Grow: Dark Devil Autos In Hempy, 2020

If it makes you feel any better, this is my Ka3, day 35/3rd day of flowering.
4CF5D7E8-52F2-45A4-96C2-8AE0455B31F2.jpeg

And that’s with sunlight

So, are they okay or should I be doing or not doing something else?

I thought they looked a little droopy even 6 hours after being nuted. I was wondering if maybe I should start fertigating them every 2 days?

"Water" slightly more often. You now know what a plant looks like when it gets thirsty and droops. Next milestone: Waters plants 2.5 seconds before that happens.

As you've discovered, of course, failing to do so does not induce a fatal condition in the plants. Some might even say that "water-stressing" a plant can help the end result become more flavorful - like causing hot peppers to be hotter. On the other hand, you are both providing water and oxygen. That's probably a good thing to do, lol.

Why is it, TS that I always wish I could choose more than one reactions (like, love, laugh, sad, etc.) to something you've posted? :laughtwo:

I just posted when you were posting and we basically said the same thing. :laughtwo:

Good evening, everyone.

Fertigation day today. DDA1 is holding steady at 11" but DDA2 is picking up the slack by growing 1.5" between today and Thursday and is now at 9" tall.

pH was 6 for both.

Here are the photos:

DDA1:

Photo 1 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 2 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 3 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2:

Photo 5 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 6 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 7 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 8 - DDA2.jpeg

All pictures were taken before fertigation. Any feedback is always appreciated.

I was told 5.5 to 6.5 was the range. :confused:
definitely best to shoot for 5.8 since its in the middle of the ideal uptake range for most nutes. notice how around 6 and up it becomes harder to uptake zinc, copper, phosphorus etc. 5.8 gives good availability for all the macros and micros

Attachments

• 920AFE8E-E2DF-46BB-A047-BC169EE25C88.jpeg
    920AFE8E-E2DF-46BB-A047-BC169EE25C88.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 36
The leaves encircling the top flower on DDA1 are curled under. Is this normal or something that I need to correct?

DDA1 - Day 41.jpg

I was told 5.5 to 6.5 was the range. :confused:
That is not correct for hydro (or soil, actually, which is about 6.3-6.8 with 6.5 being the "sweetspot").

Note in the chart below hydro is on the left side and soil on the right:
Nutrient_Chart1.gif

definitely best to shoot for 5.8 since its in the middle of the ideal uptake range for most nutes. notice how around 6 and up it becomes harder to uptake zinc, copper, phosphorus etc. 5.8 gives good availability for all the macros and micros

Thank you, politoed.

I usually try to get between 5.5 and 6 but I'm finding it's harder to adjust the pH just a little with the new pH meter. When it reads 6.3 and I only want it to drop down less than half a point, adding one drop can drop it all the way down to 2 something so that's why I settled in at 6.3.

I will do my best to get it between 5.5 and 6 going forward.

That is not correct for hydro (or soil, actually, which is about 6.3-6.8 with 6.5 being the "sweetspot").

Note in the chart below hydro is on the left side and soil on the right:
Nutrient_Chart1.gif

Thank you, Mr. Krip.

So, 5.5 to 6.1 is the acceptable range for hydro?

Thank you, politoed.

I usually try to get between 5.5 and 6 but I'm finding it's harder to adjust the pH just a little with the new pH meter. When it reads 6.3 and I only want it to drop down less than half a point, adding one drop can drop it all the way down to 2 something so that's why I settled in at 6.3.

I will do my best to get it between 5.5 and 6 going forward.
I found a little trick to use when 1 drop is too much for ph up/down. Use the dropper and add some Ph up/down solution then empty it back into the bottle then use the residue in the dropper for increasing or decreasing the PH less than 1 drop would do. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you, Mr. Krip.

So, 5.5 to 6.1 is the acceptable range for hydro?
That's 420% correct! :thumb:

Keep in mind that in recirculating hydro you change the reservoir once per week and, over time, the PH tends to drift up. So, with recirculating hydro I'd PH at 5.5 and monitor every day. If/When PH got to 6, I'd PH back down to 5.5.

Since Hempy is drain-to-waste and not recirculating, you won't have as much time for the PH to drift up before the next feeding, so I'd aim right for 5.8. ;)

I found a little trick to use when 1 drop is too much for ph up/down. Use the dropper and add some Ph up/down solution then empty it back into the bottle then use the residue in the dropper for increasing or decreasing the PH less than 1 drop would do. Hope that makes sense.
You could also just add a little more water to the solution, which should get the PH back up. :Namaste:

That does make sense, Greenthumbs. :thanks:

I was already thinking about using a dropper. I'm already using one for the pH+ because it's too far down in the bottle to use the 1/8 teaspoon I usually use.

Back
Top Bottom