Hawaii Maui Waui, Hydro Flood & Drain By Gwhunran 2022

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 10 since flip. Pistils showing. Probably for a couple of days but their easy to see now.
Still tying down branches and trimming every day.
No change in light setting or height.
Res. change in a couple of days.
HMW Day 10 flower (4).JPG

Hawaii Maui, Day 10 since flip. Showing pistils.
HMW Day 10 flower (6).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 10 since flip. Showing pistils.
HMW Day 10 flower (7).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 10 since flip. view from underneath

I like what you've done with the place and your ladies look very happy also.

You do know you are going to have a monster in about a month with those three ladies.

It will be interesting to see how you deal with them growing over each other.
I've already got an area over the one in the back and the one on the left where I am tying down branches over other branches. :oops:

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 10 since flip. pistils showing
Individual plant pics.
HMW Day 10 flower (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 10 since flip. Pistils showing. Plant left center orange tie downs.
HMW Day 10 flower (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 10 since flip. pistils showing Plant center back, purple tie downs
HMW Day 10 flower (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 10 since flip, pistils showing. Plant center right, yellow tie downs.

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 13 since flip.
Pistils showing since day 10. Still tying and tucking branches.
Res. change 100% of General Hydroponics recommended amounts for Early Bloom. Used less PH down to achieve 5.5-6.0. Added 35ml of Cal-mag+. Added 30ml Kool Bloom.
Light- raised to 26" above screen and turned up to 450w out of 600w. Measured 43k lux at screen.
Plants are not giving me wide internodal stretching yet.
HMW Day 13 flower (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 13 since stretch.
HMW Day 13 flower (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 13 since flip.
HMW Day 13 flower (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 13 since flip.

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 17 since flip
Added 5ml of PH down and topped res. No PH issues.
No change in light height or power level.

I am still tucking and tying down but it's only possible around the periphery, both the plant in the back and left center are already too thick with growth. I'm not getting the wide node spacing expected. Maybe I got a short more bushy pheno as all the HMW cuttings came from the same mother.
Also, I'm starting to get a slight citrusy aroma in the space.

HMW Day 17 flower (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 17 since flip.

HMW Day 17 flower (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 17 since flip

HMW Day 17 flower (4).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 17 since flip, still looking uniform from this view.

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 17 since flip
Added 5ml of PH down and topped res. No PH issues.
No change in light height or power level.

I am still tucking and tying down but it's only possible around the periphery, both the plant in the back and left center are already too thick with growth. I'm not getting the wide node spacing expected. Maybe I got a short more bushy pheno as all the HMW cuttings came from the same mother.
Also, I'm starting to get a slight citrusy aroma in the space.

HMW Day 17 flower (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 17 since flip.

HMW Day 17 flower (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 17 since flip

HMW Day 17 flower (4).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 17 since flip, still looking uniform from this view.
Good Afternoon Amigo hope your well.
I'm not seeing any problems, is this the thread you mentioned?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Good Afternoon Amigo hope your well.
I'm not seeing any problems, is this the thread you mentioned?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Thanks Bill
I was wondering if everything was okay. The main thing I'm questioning so far with this strain, is that the plant doesn't seem to be giving me the wide spacing between nodes that I was expecting. They've been throwing pistils hard since day 10, but the nodes are still packed pretty tight and density of growth above the plants is more than I was hoping for. I will thin them out if I think they are being choked off but I do hate to cut down perfectly good budding branches. I have two more weeks, I think to fill the screen, before letting them go. That will put me around thirty days since flip.

Thanks Bill
I was wondering if everything was okay. The main thing I'm questioning so far with this strain, is that the plant doesn't seem to be giving me the wide spacing between nodes that I was expecting. They've been throwing pistils hard since day 10, but the nodes are still packed pretty tight and density of growth above the plants is more than I was hoping for. I will thin them out if I think they are being choked off but I do hate to cut down perfectly good budding branches. I have two more weeks, I think to fill the screen, before letting them go. That will put me around thirty days since flip.
I had jher from Holland years ago, 2 pheno's in the seed pack.
One stretched, the other was compact and thick.
My God the buds were huge.
I kept that mother for years.
Looks like you have a stocky pheno aswell.
Or it's just a compact one.
Either way it's pretty awesome in the scrog. :green_heart:
My Blueberry would have blown through that screen and another by now.
Loved smoking it but the sativa stretch in her was awful.
Touching the light in a 8 foot tent every run.
Pain to grow.
I hope you have clones, I think you are going to be pleased. :cool:
Lots of people like to clean out bushy ladies.
I just clean under the skirt and let them be.
I had plenty of air circulation though "plenty ".
Watch your rh closely and keep the air flowing.
You have a big fan in front of them right?
Should be perfect.
Just watch for wind burn on the closest ones to the fan.
Should be great to watch fill in.:thumb:
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Looking real good @gwhunran

Nice level canopy; it won't be long before you have a full net.

The main thing I'm questioning so far with this strain, is that the plant doesn't seem to be giving me the wide spacing between nodes that I was expecting.

This is a good question, I find when I scrog and lay the net down, too start doing a horizontal grow the spacing between the nodes tend to get closer. I believe this may be caused by the additional light exposure to the plant overall branching. Other may say differently; but this has been my experience with Sativa's.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Looking real good @gwhunran

Nice level canopy; it won't be long before you have a full net.

This is a good question, I find when I scrog and lay the net down, too start doing a horizontal grow the spacing between the nodes tend to get closer. I believe this may be caused by the additional light exposure to the plant overall branching. Other may say differently; but this has been my experience with Sativa's.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
My experience with sativas is limited. I grew Jack Herer once and got the Haze pheno. It had pretty wide spacing between nodes that filled in differently than other strains I've grown.
I will continue to tie it down and try to fill up the screen.

I had jher from Holland years ago, 2 pheno's in the seed pack.
One stretched, the other was compact and thick.
My God the buds were huge.
I kept that mother for years.
Looks like you have a stocky pheno aswell.
Or it's just a compact one.
Either way it's pretty awesome in the scrog. :green_heart:
My Blueberry would have blown through that screen and another by now.
Loved smoking it but the sativa stretch in her was awful.
Touching the light in a 8 foot tent every run.
Pain to grow.
I hope you have clones, I think you are going to be pleased. :cool:
Lots of people like to clean out bushy ladies.
I just clean under the skirt and let them be.
I had plenty of air circulation though "plenty ".
Watch your rh closely and keep the air flowing.
You have a big fan in front of them right?
Should be perfect.
Just watch for wind burn on the closest ones to the fan.
Should be great to watch fill in.:thumb:
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill
The mother plant is now growing outside with a friend of mine at the foot of a pretty impressive mountain. There were hunter gatherers living around there for 8-10k years, so a sacred place. Once I got the clones growing in the tray, I really didn't need mom anymore so I just tried to keep her going until she could go to her new home. So far the only strain I've grown more than once was OG Kush. My old agreement with the wife was I could grow every two years. So using HIDs, I could get two crops in per season. I then only smoked those two strains for two years, so I was pretty tired of those strains by time the next grow was cured. :oops:

I have fans set up the same in both grow rooms. I've always used the front firing fans, but after having the biggest buds I've ever grown getting bud rot (OG Kush):(, I mounted down firing fans near the ceiling. Haven't gotten bud rot since. I don't have humidity control other than the fans, exhaust fans, and AC. I got a small dehumidifier that has to be emptied, but it doesn't seem to affect overall humidity. My climate tends to be lower humidity and real low in the winter months but it does get higher than recommended by most growers.

I do have Blueberry feminized seeds that I got as freebies, twice now, that I am hoping to grow someday. The only strains I've pretty much committed to for next season are Acapulco Gold and Golden Tiger. Next this season, I plan on growing a hybrid called Headroom Incident which comes from Nevile G-13, Pineapple C-99, and Sour Diesel. The other strain being Pamama, a long flowering sativa.

Excellent grow and I am very excited to see how things finish out.

My power goes out more than it does in Sri Lanka, so I'll just stick to boring soil grows.
I've been lucky so far with the power availability. The grow wouldn't last long without power. :oops: I don't have a good place to grow outside. I have a lot of big hardwoods that keep everything in shade for most of the day. I like the trees though.

I have thought about a big generator but it's mostly wishful thinking.

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 20 since flip

Res change, 100% of GH three part liquid nutes for 18 gal in Early Bloom, PHed to 5.5-6.0, added 40 ml Cal-mag+, 30ml of Kool Bloom.

Light unchanged

I am still tying down and tucking limbs. Not sure if I'll fill the screen up but they are really thick. There is already a lot of stickiness, felt and smelled, when tying down limbs.

HMW Day 20 flower (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 20 since flip, Res change day

HMW Day 20 flower (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 20 since flip, res change day

HMW Day 20 flower (4).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 20 since flip, res change day

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 25 since flip

I did some defoliation over the weekend to give the bud sites more light. I noticed a lot of the pistils were discolored the next day. On closer examination the areas where no trimming was done the pistils were pure white so my touching may have done it. My fingers were very sticky ans smelly afterwards. The smell was quite pleasant.

HMW Day 25 flower (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 25 since flip. After trimming above screen to allow more light to bud sites.

HMW Day 25 flower (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 25 since flip. After trimming above screen to increase light to bud sites.

I did the same thing on my grow; touched them too much tucking them in the net and the pistils turned brown. The new pistils are still coming out white, though :) And it hasn't slowed them down.

I did the same thing on my grow; touched them too much tucking them in the net and the pistils turned brown. The new pistils are still coming out white, though :) And it hasn't slowed them down.
I hope for the same thing. I just hope I have sufficient air flow or I'll be trimming them up again. :cool:

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 27 since flip
Res change day

Light: 450w out of 600w,
43k lux at screen at 25"
60k lux at canopy top

Nutes: 100% of recommended GH 3 part liquid for 18gal, Mid Bloom.
PHed to 5.5-6.0 PH has been falling but with daily water top up it's staying in range. They are drinking a lot.
60ml of Cal-mag+, 30ml of Kool Bloom.

HMW Day 27 flower (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 27 since flip, without flash

HMW Day 27 flower (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 27 since flip, without flash

HMW Day 27 flower (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 27 since flip, with flash

HMW Day 27 flower (5).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 27 since flip, screen level view.

HMW Day 27 flower (4).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 27 since flip, closer view of buds. I think brown pistils are from touching during defoliation.

Back
Top Bottom