Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Hi Heavenly, I'm really liking the afghan! Been smoking an auto lately and want to grow a photo now. They all look so healthy in there!
Nice Stone! I haven’t smoked it before, so I’m looking real forward to it. :bong:

Hi Heavenly, I'm really liking the afghan! Been smoking an auto lately and want to grow a photo now. They all look so healthy in there!
If only you had some....:circle-of-love:

All right my grower type friends! I’ve finished with the harvest for 4 of the 5 girls. Afghani is still alive, for a little while longer...

As far as the new drying methods I tried - it turns out I’m still no good at it! They all overdried except for the wet trim half of nightingale, which is the one I jarred up too early. Facepalm!!

I was hoping I would have it better figured out before Afghani’s turn, but as it is, she’ll be my last change to get it right. The good thing is I will be able to use the tent to hang her in and see if that can help me. If that doesn’t turn out right, Mr H better get ready to buy a low and slow fridge for the garage. :laughtwo:

Anyhow, the final weights are in for the first 4 and the numbers are by far my personal bests.

Nightingale —————— 62g
Dr. Seedsman ————- 126g
Candida ———————- 83g
Critical Purple Kush —— 139g

I don’t know exactly what my personal best was before, but the CPK is bigger. :laughtwo: I didn’t take many pics during harvest, but I do have a couple.

This is CPK after we were finally done trimming.
73EBC187-9565-4D37-A37F-AF78BBA14CB8.jpeg
One cool thing about dry harvest is the instant gratification of a big pile of buds when you’re all done!

I’m trying out turkey bag burping/curing this time around. Here they all are together in a medium storage bin. Nightingale is on her own in jars.
BB6761FD-A082-449C-B719-D9A682E811BC.jpeg

Even though my wet trim/dry trim experiment didn’t go as well as I’d hoped, I’m glad I tried it out. It’s absolutely a great way to manage the workload if you have multiple harvests finishing around the same time.

I do like to do a bud wash normally, so I think in the future, I’d like to cut it down onto washable pieces a little for that.

Overall I like dry trim for a lot of reasons:

• I finally got to experience scissor hash, which I never get with the wet trim!
• there is less pressure to finish harvest with the dry trim. This may be self inflicted, but when it’s a wet trim, I feel like I can’t stop until it’s all done. With the dry trim, I can stop and start as I please throughout the day.
• you can clip off a piece and trim. When it is a wet trim, I have to keep them in big branches for their hang dry.
• faster and a tiny bit easier job. Mr. H and I trimmed up the Candida and CPK yesterday in about 5 hours total. Granted neither of them were leafy plants, so an easier trim job regardless.

Anyhow, I’ll keep at my attempts to get this damned drying process right. Hopefully being able to use the tent can be a difference maker for me with the Afghani.

I hope you’re all well and safe. I’m still making my catch up rounds on journals, but making good progress. Time to kick back and relax cause it’s Friday!! :ciao:

I went to dry trim and won’t go back to wet trimming. Keep your turkey bags someplace dark.
Thanks Penny, they’re in a dark closet so far. I need to get one of those gamma lid buckets you’ve talked about. How much air should I be leaving in each turkey bag?

4 down,one to go! Congrats on the multi harvests,and the nice yields!

I put mine in the jars a little too wet (as usual:rolleyes:) so they're sitting in a shoebox drying a bit more...
What's the ideal rh to begin with in the jars? (I should know this, but I didn't have anything to measure it with till I got the little hygrometers a while back)

4 down,one to go! Congrats on the multi harvests,and the nice yields!

I put mine in the jars a little too wet (as usual:rolleyes:) so they're sitting in a shoebox drying a bit more...
What's the ideal rh to begin with in the jars? (I should know this, but I didn't have anything to measure it with till I got the little hygrometers a while back)
What Shed said :theband:

Here’s a small guide off of gwe too
F8E9C79B-3A28-4EA2-BEF6-C88ED0E00129.jpeg

I also just bought a bunch of Boveda packs to add to the jar after they get to the cure zone (or lower if you’re me) :straightface:

Thanks, guys! mine were at 72% this morning, so I stuck them in the shoe box....probably about time to
stick them back in the jars and see where they're at now.
Ambient rh is 53% right now, so they should've dried up a little in the shoe box.

I’m finally dropping in for a look.

Experiment with the boveda packs. I stopped using them because my jars started getting a musty smell and buds no longer tasted good after a long cure.
I was wondering if it was only me. I may start too wet and hope the boveda sucks up the excess, but I have tried different starting moisture levels. Maybe it is reusing the humidity packs?

I was wondering if it was only me. I may start too wet and hope the boveda sucks up the excess, but I have tried different starting moisture levels. Maybe it is reusing the humidity packs?
The Boveda's only maintain the RH. It will not take out moisture from the buds with high moisture levels, even at/over 64%, so you need to make sure your product is dry at the RH the Boveda is designed for. In most cases it's 62%.

Back
Top Bottom