Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

Nice white light and clearer pics for sure! For Marlin, I'd say you're about 5% amber on the sugars and Nemo less than that. I can't say I saw any amber on the calyxes at all but that's just from what I can tell on a computer monitor. I'd say for sure you'll be down by November 7th though! You probably have a week, week and a half or so.
Awesome! Thank you Shed!! I really appreciate your help with my pictures and figuring out when they might be ready!! Loads of help for this newbie! :thanks:

I think I’m going to do at least a few days flush. Which is really only one or two waterings. I’m also giving this blackstrap molasses thing a try, it’s supposed to help fatten up the buds and its fine to do through any flushing or non flushing method. Man, if this wasn’t my first grow, I would be 100% be doing an experiment on this! Next time, next journal :D
To flush, or not to flush - that is the question.

I clipped a teeny tiny little piece off of Marlin today. Lol, hopefully enough after drying for one good tester bowl. Unflushed and uncured to kind of test that out too. Curiosity is killing this cat!
35A55DBD-D7E1-45A4-B931-6789C4CBF918.jpeg

Take that down before you turn on the shower or it's never gonna dry!

#noflushclub
Good call! That shower doesn’t get used often, but I moved it back to the closet to be safe. Thanks Shed :)

I think I’m going to do at least a few days flush. Which is really only one or two waterings. I’m also giving this blackstrap molasses thing a try, it’s supposed to help fatten up the buds and its fine to do through any flushing or non flushing method. Man, if this wasn’t my first grow, I would be 100% be doing an experiment on this! Next time, next journal :D
To flush, or not to flush - that is the question.

I finish the plants this way now. Pretty much the last 5 days is just water at normal feed amounts. No more dumping tons of water through them. Just a few days of plain water at the end. I also give them molasses about once a week after the buds start forming after stretch. I’ve noticed lots more trichs on the buds since doing this.

I finish the plants this way now. Pretty much the last 5 days is just water at normal feed amounts. No more dumping tons of water through them. Just a few days of plain water at the end. I also give them molasses about once a week after the buds start forming after stretch. I’ve noticed lots more trichs on the buds since doing this.
Oh nice! I’m so glad someone else is familiar with the molasses option. I don’t know it it’s just the timing of the plant, or if molasses is a fast acting ingredient, (both?) but the buds are really fattening up and smelling so nice the last few days! I will add it a lot earlier along next time, I just discovered that little tip. :)
That was my thoughts on the flush/no-flush decision, I’m concerned most about harshness on the no-flush. It seems the only way to decide is to try it out and see what happens. I swear, learning to grow has reminded me so much of when I had my first kid and I tried to look up answers online! :rofl: Tons of different opinions and I still ended up with - you just gotta try it and see what works for you.

If you always flush (because you find your buds taste fine) then you may be under the impression that flushing is the reason. The only way to test that is to run two clones side by side and only flush one. Then harvest, dry, and cure them identically, and see if the unflushed one tastes just as good.
Yeah, that’s a good idea. I’m not able to do any clones, so I was thinking of harvesting portions of the same plant at 0 days/ 4 days/ 7 days. I realize it isn’t the most scientific way because of the extra development in those 7 days, drying, etc. it’s the closest I way I can think of to get to a controlled sample for my set up. I figure it’ll be good enough for me to decide if I notice any difference. I’m not going to do it this time just because it’s my first plants, I’m not feeling quite that experimental about it. But maybe next time :hmmmm:

Good call! That shower doesn’t get used often, but I moved it back to the closet to be safe. Thanks Shed :)

Prepping for a budwash in the shower ? Lol

I agree with Shed but again it’s a huge personal opinion ! These autos of mine that just came down we’re my first plants ever ! I decided to go the #noflushclub and I’m pleased with the results !!

Good luck HH I’m sure everything will work out!

Prepping for a budwash in the shower ? Lol

I agree with Shed but again it’s a huge personal opinion ! These autos of mine that just came down we’re my first plants ever ! I decided to go the #noflushclub and I’m pleased with the results !!

Good luck HH I’m sure everything will work out!
Thank you. Just trying to find my way in this wonderous world. I noticed that you recently did a wash on your harvest. I was wondering if that was something you’ll do for every harvest, or if you had a treatment or something to wash off?

Thank you. Just trying to find my way in this wonderous world. I noticed that you recently did a wash on your harvest. I was wondering if that was something you’ll do for every harvest, or if you had a treatment or something to wash off?

Yea I took on the bud washing technique that many others here have done. I didn’t have anything to wash off regarding treatment or chemicals but the dust,dirt,hair, and other possible things that could be floating in the grow room I wanted to wash off! It also helps clean up your trimmings from leaving cut leaves on and inside the freshly trimmed buds.

I know it doesn’t seem like it but even in an enclosed tent with intake filters you still get a lot of dust and stuff within the grow!

I will ABSOLUTELY be washing all my buds from here on out and I have a close friend in the city here who is harvesting soon and I am going to introduce him to it as well!

I would recommend trying to wash at least a few of your buds for comparison sake!

If your worried about THC falling off I had another member comment in my journal about THC not being water soluble. That being said dipping it in water wouldn’t wash off trichomes! ( buds get rained on outside and hold on to all their glorious resins! )
Trichs will fall off of course but they are the degraded low quality ones that wouldn’t be strong.
I look at it as washing the vegetables you get from the store before eating them.

They may look clean but you want to be sure before you injest it! Just food for thought :p

Hopefully this helps! Don’t be nervous ! I know it may seem crazy to dunk your buds in a bucket of water but once you do it...and compare it..... you won’t look back !

Yea I took on the bud washing technique that many others here have done. I didn’t have anything to wash off regarding treatment or chemicals but the dust,dirt,hair, and other possible things that could be floating in the grow room I wanted to wash off! It also helps clean up your trimmings from leaving cut leaves on and inside the freshly trimmed buds.

I know it doesn’t seem like it but even in an enclosed tent with intake filters you still get a lot of dust and stuff within the grow!

I will ABSOLUTELY be washing all my buds from here on out and I have a close friend in the city here who is harvesting soon and I am going to introduce him to it as well!

I would recommend trying to wash at least a few of your buds for comparison sake!

If your worried about THC falling off I had another member comment in my journal about THC not being water soluble. That being said dipping it in water wouldn’t wash off trichomes! ( buds get rained on outside and hold on to all their glorious resins! )
Trichs will fall off of course but they are the degraded low quality ones that wouldn’t be strong.
I look at it as washing the vegetables you get from the store before eating them.

They may look clean but you want to be sure before you injest it! Just food for thought :p

Hopefully this helps! Don’t be nervous ! I know it may seem crazy to dunk your buds in a bucket of water but once you do it...and compare it..... you won’t look back !
Thank you for the break down. And that is a really good point about the dust, hair, etc. I have pulled a couple of cat hairs out of there along the way. That was the first concern that popped into my head, about rinsing off some of the trichomes. But I definitely apprecitae the idea of washing the produce! :D I might have to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom