Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

Looking heavenly in here! Such an exciting time - it’s all worked and you’re about to be well supplied :yummy:

I don’t flush either :D

And in case you haven’t seen it yet, here is the bud washing thread.

Bud Washing

The original recipe is somewhere on the first page, I think, but further into the thread Doc revises the recipe to half the amounts of Bakkng soda and lemon. Also - I use lime instead, works just the same.

Those trichs are looking close to perfect. Lots and lots of cloudy :)

Have fun!
:Namaste:
Excellent! I was going to start the hunt for a wash tutorial and you are a star! Thank you! It’s really hard to know when the time is right, but it seems like it’s getting close. :slide:
It’s also getting really hard to wait! Lol.

Hey, thank you girl! The anticipation and excitement are really building. Happy to have you here and I don’t mind you linking in at all, welcome HTL! I’ll pop over and see what you have goin on too.
You’re in the same boat as me with decisions, decisions.:) It’s hard to know what to do with all the different techniques people swear by. I’m leaning towards not flushing now, because if the huge number of successful and seasoned growers on here saying they do not flush. I’ll probably give it a try another grow just to see for myself. But for this first grow, honestly it’s easier for me to not worry about trying to time the flush beforehand and I can just chop chop! :yummy:
Oh yes, I feel the same way. I've been so anxious about timing it, without a flush it's so much easier!

Update day today guys, because I’m REALLY thinking about harvesting Marlin today....
Backing up a little, I cut a couple of small buds off the bottom a week or so ago, for a little sample snack. I dried them and let them “cure” (haha) for like 2-3 days in a tiny jar. It was nice to have a little small scale practice of what it’s like to trim, dry and jar them up. Friday we went ahead and smoked those little budlets and it was awesome! I’m not the best at identifying the flavor profiles of weed, not so great for trying to describe it online :oops:. It definitely had a little bit of a minty finish to it, it was pretty smooth, with just a little harshness to it, I’m really excited to see how it is once it’s had a chance to truly cure for 3-4 weeks. The high was nice and light and giggly (I guess that’s what they’d call euphoric?) I see why they say it’s good for anti anxiety. I did end up with a headache afterwards, but I think it was from the long road trip we were on.
Speaking of which, we went to Oregon for a family event, so we hit up a dispensary while we were there. All I can say is W O W, we got some tasty nuggets and my husband has as much self control as I do. He went in for one little container and came out with four! :laugh: We love a good buffet. Anyhow, I like the way OR dispensaries do it with the deli style purchases and it’s some seriously high quality buds too!
And now back to business, some pictures of Marlin’s trichomes. After smoking those nuglets, I’m more impatient than ever and I’m liking the giggly, silly feeling I had from them. My original thought was to go for ~20% amber, but I think I’m wanting to do it sooner. Decisions, decisions!
6CFB81B4-57CF-4FAD-8399-BFFC1290161B.jpeg
A2089D0B-BB65-4FA9-9B47-AD98E0F8D5D4.jpeg
99E9AA35-8973-42AE-9162-3F84C39A25E0.jpeg
095E0C03-2990-4BAE-906A-9A201B34FB8C.jpeg

I think I’m going to let Nemo go for a few days longer because she’s been further behind since the beginning. Maybe not? I’m so ready to harvest!!! Here’s some trichomes pictures of Nemo.
6F9D18A4-6D7B-4CCF-9C50-51BD3B55513D.jpeg
B6075344-468A-4F4F-9459-D4298617FE57.jpeg
67AFBACD-AB00-47AD-A2F2-082A3C9D7305.jpeg
F7405312-B6A8-422B-AFE2-0A49DAD45EE2.jpeg
I’d love to hear some input from the wise masters on here, even though I know it’s a personal decision. Should I wait? Should I go ahead and chop?! Aaahh!

It's really up to you. You will be rewarded for waiting though. Trust me, cutting them just that little bit too soon can have a massive impact. How many days are they now? :)
Great question, sorry for not including that info! They are 49 days into flower today. The seed supplier says 9 weeks to flower and I’m at 7. I absolutely can wait, and my original plan was to harvest on or before Nov 7. It’s just so dang hard to know, as a beginner, when the right timing is.

I would say it’s personal preference at this point. There are some amber in there but I would say less than 1%. There are clear left also. She should become more potent if you choose to wait a tad longer.

I agree with Shed. I see a lot of amber on the first one. More amber is just the THC degrading to CBN. ideally you want to catch the window with the most amount of cloudy.

Sometimes at this stage it’s good to assess if the plant is still pushing out new pistils or if they’re all reddish-brown and receding. If there’s still new ones, let it go. If not... I’d say it’s ready!

It does seem early... at 7weeks. But the trichs look pretty ripe.

They look delicious!
:Namaste:

We've all mentioned chopping for effect but there is also yield to consider. Everyone who's commented so far has been correct but you'd definitely get more product if you waited a little bit more. But of course, yield is not everything and flavour is what I'm really about and I find that buds that are really mature can lose flavour :)

Thank you oh great masters! :adore::adore::adore:
You have all brought up some really great points for me to consider and help me figure this out, so a huge thank you to you all @ProfessorFlora @Mr. Magoo @InTheShed @Amy Gardner for helping me navigate! I’ve decided I’m going to wait for both and I’ll harvest both of them at the same time to have the more ripened, higher amber percentage from Marlin and the higher thc, giggly weed from Nemo. Best of both worlds, right? I’m getting antsy, so thank you for helping me stay strong and keep my eyes on the prize.

I have a feeling after you get a good cure you will like it very much if harvested today or tomorrow or 5 days. Lol. You’re gonna be smoking some fire!!

This "wise master" said half of it was! And I'm allergic to cats :). If you're in a hurry take Marlin down and wait longer for Nemo.

Great point! Also you could harvest half the plant now and let the other half go until you harvest Nemo. This would give you 2 different perspectives of the same plant at a slightly different grow time. Just my two cents lol

This "wise master" said half of it was! And I'm allergic to cats :). If you're in a hurry take Marlin down and wait longer for Nemo.
Uh oh, better get the benedryl Shed! :D Lol, I can wait, I just don’t wanna! Haha, patience is a virtue, right?
I have a feeling after you get a good cure you will like it very much if harvested today or tomorrow or 5 days. Lol. You’re gonna be smoking some fire!!
Thanks Mr. Magoo, I was pretty happy with my tiny buds from the bottom without any cure, so I’m feeling very - so far, so good - about it. I think my little teaser buds are really teasing me. It’s a lot of fun though. I’m really loving my new hobby! :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom