Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

@InTheShed is so anti-flush. Here he is leaving his house the other day!
BD508FEF-AD34-4FE7-B1F4-000BA125D2B0.jpeg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
#no flush club !!!!

@InTheShed if I did a staggered harvest, would that compensate for the extra 4/7 days in my flushing/unflushing non-experiment? It seems like if the trichomes are roughly the same, it would be similar enough to make a personal judgment on it.

@InTheShed if I did a staggered harvest, would that compensate for the extra 4/7 days in my flushing/unflushing non-experiment? It seems like if the trichomes are roughly the same, it would be similar enough to make a personal judgment on it.
I wouldn't get too hung up on the flush/no flush issue. This is your first grow and you should do whatever you're comfortable with. As you get more grows under your belt you can start doing comparisons of training techniques and nute levels, but at this stage I think you should just look forward to a great harvest!

One reason for a staggered harvest is an attempt to harvest all the buds at the same level of clear/cloudy/amber if that's something that matters to you. Some plants ripen faster at the top, others at the bottom, and some pretty evenly across the plant (particularly if the canopy is relatively level as yours is).

Another reason for staggering the harvest is that you can get different effects from the same plant. If you harvest some with no amber it will produce a different response than the buds you harvest at 25% amber.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the flush/no flush issue. This is your first grow and you should do whatever you're comfortable with. As you get more grows under your belt you can start doing comparisons of training techniques and nute levels, but at this stage I think you should just look forward to a great harvest!

One reason for a staggered harvest is an attempt to harvest all the buds at the same level of clear/cloudy/amber if that's something that matters to you. Some plants ripen faster at the top, others at the bottom, and some pretty evenly across the plant (particularly if the canopy is relatively level as your is).

Another reason for staggering the harvest is that you can get different effects from the same plant. If you harvest some with no amber it will produce a different response than the buds you harvest at 25% amber.
Okay, thanks Shed. Appreciate the info and I am definitely excited about the upcoming harvest!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:
No vegetarians in this house!
Haha I just told the hubs that I’m a meatatarian! I just can’t eat plants anymore
#noveggiesnoproblem
91EC00CD-AF75-4BAB-9A73-D70C4BF57978.jpeg

Looking good girl! Can’t wait for harvest:D

I’m not only in the no flush club but also part of the bud washing club! You should see some of the shit that comes of my clean indoor plants! Also I found a large dead wasp in some outdoor bud after a wash :eek:

Oooo yuk! Yes I will be washing for sure. I’ve been paying more attention since it was brought up and I pulled three more cat hairs off the girls this morning. I haven’t decided about the flushing/not flushing yet. I still have a little time tho. Harvest day is getting close, at least for my bigger one. Maybe even as soon as Monday? I’ll probably let my smaller one go a couple days extra, since she’s been behind the whole time. I pulled a couple small buds off just for fun and because I’m really excited and I’m really not good at waiting. They’re all dried now and in a little jar for a few days at least. One tiny bud for me, one tiny bud for Mr. Hybrid. How different will these early buds be from the final, long cured, product?

Loving the frost. You've done way better than me on my first grow. Hope you've got some good snips lol :)
Thank you so much :) I bit off a lot with this, it all seemed so simple when you’re just reading about it online! :laugh: I’m learning a lot along the way and I hope to just keep getting better and try new things.

Looking heavenly in here! Such an exciting time - it’s all worked and you’re about to be well supplied :yummy:

I don’t flush either :D

And in case you haven’t seen it yet, here is the bud washing thread.

Bud Washing

The original recipe is somewhere on the first page, I think, but further into the thread Doc revises the recipe to half the amounts of Bakkng soda and lemon. Also - I use lime instead, works just the same.

Those trichs are looking close to perfect. Lots and lots of cloudy :)

Have fun!
:Namaste:

Hey get out of my backyard with that camera Magoo!

Made me giggle, thanks @Mr. Magoo @InTheShed :laugh:

It's confusing reading all of the pro vs. anti regarding both defoliation and flushing... a beginner like me doesn't know what to believe. I was planning on flushing but now I'm not so sure? HELP A GIRL OUT o_O Linked my grow, don't want to hijack your thread @Heavenly Hybrid I hope you don't mind!

What I came here to actually say was, good job on your first grow @Heavenly Hybrid the girls look phenomenal! They look so happy and healthy. Those thick stems mmm... and that frost mmmmmm :oops: You definitely should be proud! I'll sub so I can see you finish these girls!

I also came in pretty late in my grow cause I only just found the forum. Already love it here. Don't think I've been this active in an online forum in my life.. haha.

What I came here to actually say was, good job on your first grow @Heavenly Hybrid the girls look phenomenal! They look so happy and healthy. Those thick stems mmm... and that frost mmmmmm :oops: You definitely should be proud! I'll sub so I can see you finish these girls!

I also came in pretty late in my grow cause I only just found the forum. Already love it here. Don't think I've been this active in an online forum in my life.. haha.
Hey, thank you girl! The anticipation and excitement are really building. Happy to have you here and I don’t mind you linking in at all, welcome HTL! I’ll pop over and see what you have goin on too.
You’re in the same boat as me with decisions, decisions.:) It’s hard to know what to do with all the different techniques people swear by. I’m leaning towards not flushing now, because if the huge number of successful and seasoned growers on here saying they do not flush. I’ll probably give it a try another grow just to see for myself. But for this first grow, honestly it’s easier for me to not worry about trying to time the flush beforehand and I can just chop chop! :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom