Hempy Headquarters

Do the hempy hemp... come on and do the hempy hemp

PK, CK, and SH in the solo starter

Plain water, no osmo+ in it yet...may try some once they pop there heads, I may add a few dots in the res

420-magazine-mobile2012857366.jpg

Do the hempy hemp... come on and do the hempy hemp

PK, CK, and SH in the solo starter

Plain water, no osmo+ in it yet...may try some once they pop there heads, I may add a few dots in the res

420-magazine-mobile2012857366.jpg

I'm not certain a few dots that low will make much difference. I believe the roots have to actually come into contact with the pellets. They probably won't get that big before you transplant. You'll only need a couple and you can add them later using a skewer to poke a passage channel into the perlite. Then you just jiggle it into place.

Sorry friend, no journal in progress at the moment. I'll likely start another soon, and will certainly post the link here. I'm being bashful because of my terrible water situation. Somewhat documented it in my last grow.

Dale's Indoor Hempy - 400w COB - 6 Strain Attempt - 2017

Still feeling extreme reluctance to buy RO water, such a PITA!

I was lucky enough to have purchased a water distiller with the intent of using it to make CCO. I don't use it for oil making very often, but it does continuious duty making the water for my garden. I'm not certain if it's cheaper than RO, but it didn't necessitate any plumbing play, so I'm happy, happy.

I am using tap this grow. I will be ya'lls canary in a coal mine:theband:

I've got an outdoor osmohempy doing plain water. It's lookin mighty good.

Someone makes a decent spray paint for plastics now. Make them any color you want! Im sure you are very artistic based upon your name.

It depends on if the plastic flexes. The 2L soda bottles are poor candidates. The paint just flakes off after a bit of flexing. Tried them all. Rigid plastic containers don't suffer the same issue. Duct tape is not as pretty, but much more durable.

I'm not certain a few dots that low will make much difference. I believe the roots have to actually come into contact with the pellets. They probably won't get that big before you transplant. You'll only need a couple and you can add them later using a skewer to poke a passage channel into the perlite. Then you just jiggle it into place.

I'm gonna disagree with you here SS. Rare... I know.
So, the Osmocote balls release nutrients via osmosis thru their shell. This feeds the water. The water gets drawn up thru the perlite as the top dries out bringing the nutrients with it. I can't begin to count the osmohempy roots I've looked at... never noticed any unusual extra growth around the osmo balls.
While I have no scientific analysis, I've been tossing 3 balls in clone containers (a.k.a. poo bags).

So, the Osmocote balls release nutrients via osmosis thru their shell. This feeds the water. The water gets drawn up thru the perlite as the top dries out bringing the nutrients with it. I can't begin to count the osmohempy roots I've looked at... never noticed any unusual extra growth around the osmo balls.
While I have no scientific analysis, I've been tossing 3 balls in clone containers (a.k.a. poo bags).
That's why I'm Gunna add some..

I spaced it when I put the Root plugs in the solo, so I'll ad some in them tomorrow

I'll go with that. I have no problem with being wrong. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Are we suggesting it's unnecessary to pH adjust the water?

I turned around in my kitchen this evening and spotted the diaper pail I'd purchased years ago to store rainwater I no longer collect. It was on its way to the dumpster, but tonight I spotted potential where previously I'd only seen trash taking up limited floor space.

One white diaper pail plus one black drawstring trash bag to cut the light, some duck tape to secure things, and some small hand and power tools.....

IMG_94011.JPG

IMG_94022.JPG

IMG_94033.JPG

IMG_94042.JPG

IMG_94055.JPG

IMG_94063.JPG

IMG_94074.JPG

........equals a future home for Candy Cane 3, who's showing early signs of potentially rivaling Carnival 4.1 in size. :slide: Damn! I love these nutrients. I'll be checking their prices before long. The way his garden keeps surprising me with bigger plants I'll be needing more sooner than I'd anticipated.

IMG_94083.JPG

Think I'll give her another week or two and then make the transplant. Interestingly, when I started working in hempy my primary goal was to get more smaller pots into the available real estate under the indoor suns, and now I find myself growing trees. :laughtwo:

I think i have to hit the archives for this one.

my first store bought seed grow. Nirvana Norther Lights Hempy in 4 gl square with oc+
didn't know what I was doing waiting for ambers to show. yielded 14oz

NL_8wks_flowering_2_R.JPG
NL_10th_wk_12_Rc.JPG
NL_18wks_harvested_3_R.jpg
NL_18wks_harvested_5_R.jpg
NL_18wks_harvested_9_R.jpg

Damn Hash Hound! :thedoubletake: I'd heard about it, but the pictures really bring it home. :high-five:

One white diaper pail plus one black drawstring trash bag to cut the light, some duck tape to secure things, and some small hand and power tools.....

How are you keeping drain water from getting between the bag and pot, thus forming a pool in the bottom of the bag. I guess a hole in the bag would work. I might have opted for duck tape here.

Interestingly, when I started working in hempy my primary goal was to get more smaller pots into the available real estate under the indoor suns, and now I find myself growing trees. :laughtwo:

It's a problem. Next on your menu will be bending them about some.

Nirvana Norther Lights Hempy in 4 gl square with oc+
didn't know what I was doing waiting for ambers to show. yielded 14oz

Awesome. Got one in a pot right now. Not surprisingly, something named "Northern Lights" seems a bit nonplussed by the recent heat.

How are you keeping drain water from getting between the bag and pot, thus forming a pool in the bottom of the bag. I guess a hole in the bag would work. I might have opted for duck tape here.

It's a problem. Next on your menu will be bending them about some.

I did put duck tape over that area before I drilled the hole. It's hard to see in the picture. Just a few minutes ago this very thought crossed my mind :laughtwo: so I banded the pot with new tape below the hole to keep it more secure and eliminate this concern.

IMG_94135.JPG

Used a small strip to line the hole.

IMG_94143.JPG

IMG_94173.JPG

Then I tested it out.

IMG_94193.JPG

No pooled water. :blunt:

IMG_94202.JPG

I'm already eyeing the hempy pots to determine the best places to poke holes for tying down. This round gets trained better than their predecessors. :battingeyelashes:

I'm already eyeing the hempy pots to determine the best places to poke holes for tying down. This round gets trained better than their predecessors. :battingeyelashes:

Great minds! :blushsmile: I was just eyeing my NL in hempy this morning thinking about the same thing. Nothing drastic, but I would like to pull the branches down a bit for better light penetration.

Sue, that new pot as a great lip on it, just hook yer ties, lol autocorrect did toes, just hook yer toes under that lip, is what I do with the pipe cleaners I use for LST

Back
Top Bottom