Hempy Headquarters

Sue, that new pot as a great lip on it, just hook yer ties, lol autocorrect did toes, just hook yer toes under that lip, is what I do with the pipe cleaners I use for LST

Great idea. :high-five: I'd forgotten about the pipe cleaners. I keep them aside for harvests, but they'd certainly work as restraints.

Canna Yoga!

Hahaha!

Good morning hempy Brothers and Sisters. Sitting on the back porch enjoying the morning, getting right for the day! Hope all is well and you have found your green babies the same!
420-magazine-mobile1717547105.jpg

You started without me? :thedoubletake: Alright, I'll break out the water pipe and join you in a morning attitude adjustment with some low and slo dried Carnival. Yesterday I used it exclusively, and I can't believe how high I stayed on singular hits. I don't think I took more than ten hits the whole day long, and I was so high that when I went for a walk I was actually concerned that maybe I'd have been better advised to stay home.

I've never had that reaction to being high before, excepting my first brownie batch, which was made with a half-ounce of sugar leaves and scared me. :laughtwo:

You started without me? :thedoubletake: Alright, I'll break out the water pipe and join you in a morning attitude adjustment with some low and slo dried Carnival. Yesterday I used it exclusively, and I can't believe how high I stayed on singular hits. I don't think I took more than ten hits the whole day long, and I was so high that when I went for a walk I was actually concerned that maybe I'd have been better advised to stay home.

I've never had that reaction to being high before, excepting my first brownie batch, which was made with a half-ounce of sugar leaves and scared me. :laughtwo:

Sorry it scared you however, I am glad your getting high! I always dread those periods when its difficult to get high and rejoice when i have those times when i am on top of the world happy. I am starting to reach one of those great times. Have you ever had a harvest really come alive with the cure? My last grow, green crack was to say the least a disappointment all around. Smelled like hay, Smoked like hay and was a very facial high. I knew it was early on in the cure and all but i guess i just expected too much. Its been almost four months now and it has been stable at %59 since the jar. Often I suddenly wonder why i am staring at things and realize a significant amount of time has passed after smoking just a bowl, so I feel you.
Carnival must be amazing. You are such a strong advocate, i have to put it on my strain list.
Wow "rant" My GC is working well. Have a lovely day my Dear.

Sorry it scared you however, I am glad your getting high! I always dread those periods when its difficult to get high and rejoice when i have those times when i am on top of the world happy. I am starting to reach one of those great times. Have you ever had a harvest really come alive with the cure? My last grow, green crack was to say the least a disappointment all around. Smelled like hay, Smoked like hay and was a very facial high. I knew it was early on in the cure and all but i guess i just expected too much. Its been almost four months now and it has been stable at %59 since the jar. Often I suddenly wonder why i am staring at things and realize a significant amount of time has passed after smoking just a bowl, so I feel you.
Carnival must be amazing. You are such a strong advocate, i have to put it on my strain list.
Wow "rant" My GC is working well. Have a lovely day my Dear.

Graytail and I are of the opinion that Carnival is one of the best sativa-doms out there, so I'm certain you won't be disappointed.

I'm actually still pretty buzzed from last night. Didn't go to bed until 3:30, so the last hit is still with me. Lol! But you motivated me to clean the stem of the water pipe. It's all sparkly clean, or as clean as its gonna get today, and loaded with super hot water and a bowl of Carnival.

IMG_94303.JPG

Now I'm off to a really good start myself. :cheesygrinsmiley: You have a wonderful day Guage. :hug:

Good morning hempy Brothers and Sisters. Sitting on the back porch enjoying the morning, getting right for the day! Hope all is well and you have found your green babies the same!
420-magazine-mobile1717547105.jpg

Good morning! Hope you saved my spot on the porch. I'll be right over..... :love:

What is that Hun, a Vap???

Herbie the Love Bug

He is an Herbalizer desktop vape. He can vape dried herbs, concentrates, and do aromatherapy. It's just too bad he can't make my coffee in the morning. :blalol:

Herbie the Love Bug

He is an Herbalizer desktop vape. He can vape dried herbs, concentrates, and do aromatherapy. It's just too bad he can't make my coffee in the morning. :blalol:

I have never Vaped, interesting

what brand is That?

loaded with super hot water

All right! I love to hear about / read about / see someone doing it correctly, lol.

I thought I was the only one who did that. IDK if the ~40° of difference between the "cold" water vs. "hot" coming from a person's tap actually helps greatly in not causing (some of the) cannabinoids to recondense... but that's about the only way I can take a reasonable sized (err... for me?) hit and not cough.

I've made that suggestion many times, but usually people look at me as if I've just said something... odd.

LST on my Northern Lights hempy today. I used the soft coated wire and just bent the ends to hook to the underside of the bucket. Also, tried to leave the spout area free of branches - thinking this might be where I pour new nutrient solution into the bucket for feeding times. Depends on how the plant fills out...we'll see!

IMG_457612.jpg

Is MG perlite ok....?

All of the Miracle-Gro branded perlite I've seen locally was "fortified" with nutrients. Not much of them, but still something to be aware of. The main reason I would buy it [EDIT: WOULDN'T buy it <OOPS!>], however, is that I only ever see it in those tiny little eight-quart bags (for anywhere from $9 to TWENTY DOLLARS!!! lol). Last time I was running low on perlite, I stopped at one plant nursery to see if they still had 2-ft³ bags for around $20. Nope. So I went up the road a few miles to the other local plant nursery and asked the same thing. The lady said, "No, but I can sell you a 4-ft³ bag for $25." Four cubic feet equals just a smidgen under 30 gallons - or almost 120 quarts. It was also a coarser grade than the MG stuff.

Try calling your local (plant) nurseries and greenhouses, and asking them if they have either two- or four-cubic foot bags of perlite - and, if so, how much they cost. The stuff won't spoil, freeze, melt, et cetera - so if you don't use it all this year, it'll still be good next year. An eight-quart bag of perlite won't come up to the halfway mark on a five-gallon bucket :icon_roll .

Root farm coco coir...?

I'd never heard of that brand. I did a quick search and learned that Lowes hardware(-themed department) stores sell it. Is it compressed into the usual "brick," or loose in a bag? If the latter, is it pure coco coir? It looks like the company also offers a product that's a mixture of coco coir and perlite (which might be fine, of course, but it might also end up being expensive for what you get, IDK).

Regardless of how it comes packaged, check to see whether or not it has been well rinsed, and if it has been properly prepped for growing plants. Typically, by soaking in a mild solution of calcium nitrate and water. Coco coir, by its nature (and the environment in which most coconut trees grow), is full of sodium and potassium. The calcium nitrate soak exchanges much of that for calcium. If it is not done - and if I understand this correctly, lol - it can "hold onto" much of the calcium that's in one's nutrients. I assume that it could release a good bit of sodium and potassium in the process; a lot of sodium isn't good, and while potassium is necessary, having extra could throw off one's nutrient ratios. See the article linked to in the first post of this thread:
Buffering Up: Adjusting the Cation Exchange Capacity in Coco Growing Media

I should probably mention that the link is to an article in Advanced Nutrients' "adzine," so there's no guarantee the link will be there forever.

It comes loose and is mixed with perlite, although I bought a small bag of the MG perlite. Went to the store to buy a pvc fitting that they didn't have, was reading this thread, and walked out with a bag of coco and perlite.

It comes loose and is mixed with perlite, although I bought a small bag of the MG perlite. Went to the store to buy a pvc fitting that they didn't have, was reading this thread, and walked out with a bag of coco and perlite.

I'm guessing it'll be fine (and I favor a higher proportion of perlite than the other ingredient(s) anyway, so "extra" perlite is okay in my book). But I don't know for sure. The company does have a website ( rootfarm dot com ), and you can use the form on their "Contact Us" page to ask them if their products are properly rinsed (I assume so, but...) and whether or not they presoak with something like calcium nitrate (if not, a five or six pound bag ought to be less than ten dollars, and will probably do LOTS of coco coir (and a little bit scratched in around the tomato plants out in the garden might prevent blossom end rot?). Or you can call them if you want to ask someone that way. I managed to find a phone number for you: 1-877-220-3090.

I didn't simply post a link to their website because they're not a sponsor, and for all I know we have a "coco products plus nutrients" sponsor. But now that I think about it, they might be a good choice for a sponsor, lol. Hmm...

I love the tiny closet. All of the other spaces are somewhat closed up, although all I have to do is walk over and unzip, but the closet is growing like house plants. Lol!

I'll admit, I love the open access. I think it'll be nice when we reach a point where everyone feels comfortable living like this. It keeps me somewhat reclusive though, in that I'm not inclined to invite folks up without serious consideration. I often wonder how much I'll need to modify my freedom when I meet my next husband, who's almost bound to have family and friends. :laughtwo: For now I'm really enjoying sharing the space so freely with my plants.
Never change for anyone. Find someone with same hobby

Never change for anyone. Find someone with same hobby

But, but, but... I have a sneaking suspicion that, if Mom had liked fishing as much as Dad did...

He wouldn't have gone fishing nearly as often as he did ;) .

May you rest in peace, Dad. I know we never let you get much when you were still alive. And you almost never complained.

So what exactly is a hempy? Anything filled with Perlite?

Back
Top Bottom