Henman's Soil Sour Diesel Grow Journal 2013

I've been pretty occupied lately, with writing some software to be used for my next grow, so my apologies :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 33 of flower, she got a feeding today. 2ml/liter of nutes, still with slightly wrong NPK proportions, but she's not complaining so far. As far as I can tell at least ;) I never feed back to back either, so that might explain it. Either way, it's orchid nutes, with 4-3-5, hopefully it doesn't fuck everything up in the end.

The hen is swelling on, not as much as before however, she's moved her focus to growing crystals! Though the smaller sites on the largest stems have grown really well! The defoliation really did pay off, since they're now what I would consider smokeable buds, when harvested of course.

Here, have some pics

your plant looks really healthy. she should be entering the first swell and start drinking again like she did when she was going through the stretch.

Pretty pictures! My favorite is the 3rd one with all the buds growing on the stem- she's filling in nicely! :thumb:
Thankyee! I'm so happy to see them join up! It' starting to exceed my expectations

your plant looks really healthy. she should be entering the first swell and start drinking again like she did when she was going through the stretch.
Interestingly I think she's started this already. Last watering before today was way closer than usual, and there was no runoff water so she sure has emptied her bucket :p

Much appreciated LA! You warm my heart with those kind words.
Although my girl is but a seedling next to your magnificent wonders of green, I'm still very proud of her and quite amazed at how well she's doing :blunt:
In the end, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the great inspirational Light Addict!
Peace and green be with you my friend :peace:

Hey chap just went over your journal again so I could answer your qs properly. Ok firstly well done again my friend!
Right now you have a great girl. Your no where near time for either the back building or extended times. How long since she showed sex? How long is strain supposed to flower for according to breader?
Ill be happy to keep an eye on her for you to advise when is optimum for both, if you want buddy.
Please just understand the daylight thing adds time on end of flower. I believe its great for adding some weight and I think it will work wonders for CFL grows. Back building is a good method too and you do really only loose a tiny little bit.
Anyway hope this answers your questions buddy

Hey chap just went over your journal again so I could answer your qs properly. Ok firstly well done again my friend!
Right now you have a great girl. Your no where near time for either the back building or extended times. How long since she showed sex? How long is strain supposed to flower for according to breader?
Ill be happy to keep an eye on her for you to advise when is optimum for both, if you want buddy.
Please just understand the daylight thing adds time on end of flower. I believe its great for adding some weight and I think it will work wonders for CFL grows. Back building is a good method too and you do really only loose a tiny little bit.
Anyway hope this answers your questions buddy

Much appreciated good chum! I'm glad you take time for me, just so you know.
It's been exactly 23 days since I could positively confirm her sex. As for the flowering time, I'm not completely certain. It's a bag seed, so I don't know the breeders. But it seems to be around 10 weeks with most Diesels.
Yeah, I am aware that the modified daylight schedule extends flower time, but I'm more than willing to sacrifice that time for some extra buddage ;) if you really could check in on it when you think time is ready, that'd be lovely!
Thanks again for the answers mate!

Thank you nerf :cheesygrinsmiley:
She sure is, innit? I'm very surprised at how resilient she has been, even though I'm nowhere close to what you guys yield, I never thought I'd get her this big!
She's started crystallizing really good now and I'm overexcited to check in on her this morning :cheesygrinsmiley:

The only difference is we have more space than you my friend, if you had the room I'm sure you'd be growing larger plants in a heartbeat. :) Given what I read in a different thread about the enforcement where you live I don't blame you for keeping it small either.

Where I live it's more about understanding where there is wiggle room. I can get away with a bigger setup than I have now and still be below criminalization thresholds, as long as I don't have scales. Any amount of plants + scales = dealer where I am.

The only difference is we have more space than you my friend, if you had the room I'm sure you'd be growing larger plants in a heartbeat. :) Given what I read in a different thread about the enforcement where you live I don't blame you for keeping it small either.

Where I live it's more about understanding where there is wiggle room. I can get away with a bigger setup than I have now and still be below criminalization thresholds, as long as I don't have scales. Any amount of plants + scales = dealer where I am.

That might very well be true, buddy, but I'm also limited by budget. As of now, I don't have any income at all and I hope I don't have to abandon this grow soon due to possible homelessness. Owell, life's a bitch and then you die. Fuck it all and lets get high :blunt:

And yeah, I can get away with a couple of years or so in prison and a fine for growing a plant for personal use. But I also harbor a scale, which like in your country, equals dealer. I don't think "I'm using it to weigh up my medication" would hold up in court :)

I was going to posts some pics now, as well as a little update. But when I went in to the box to have a look, she looked sadder somehow. With a seemingly lack of growth, compared to other days. So I took a real good look. I mean a real good one.
I must say I have to suit myself for this. She has shown small, small spots of necrosis here and there. But since I burnt her in the very beginning with water droplets, I neglected this.
Turns out, at least I think so, that she's suffering a potassium deficiency. She's showing all the symptoms
darker, older leaves
weak stems that break easily
yellowing of the veins
leaf margins curling downwards and necrosis

I've read that this can sometimes be caused by cold weather, and I'm thinking that maybe a lack of nutrients combined with the cold weather (it was actually quite chilly in there this morning, I'm fearing for how cold it is during the nights). I'm supporting this theory by the fact that pretty much all of her mature fan leaves have now completely red/dark red stems.

I don't know how to fix this the easiest way, seeing that the nutes I have are in the proportions 4-3-5 (EU values, not sure if it matters).
I'd love it if some experienced growers could chime in on this, should I keep going with these nutes and increase the dosage, should I switch over to potassium nitrate and plain water, or maybe supplement the nutes with potassium nitrate. That is, if I can use potassium nitrate at all?

I'll see if I can post some pictures of the leafs later, but the clothes dryer is calling!

:peace:

If the stems are red on top and green below I believe this is a normal reaction to light exposure. If the stems are red above and below this may be a calcium and magnesium deficiency, some have suggested it is a phosphorous deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom