Welcome!!

Again I am playing with DocBuds High Brix Blend (aka the Kit) and some fantastic lighting provided by Home :: Platinum Grow Lights. I have had fantastic results with my last 2 grows with both of these. I can't say enough about either of these 2 products, they are fantastic. My last 2 grows with them were both almost 2lbs off one plant with both harvests. So they both work, they work very well in fact, well enough that I couldn't change what I have going for just about anything.

I am not trying to hit 2 lbs off of one plant this time around. I am going for very, very high quality(25%+) this time around. So the plan is a bit different.

I have 2 plants in 20 gallon pots full of Run 7 of my soil that has amendment added to it along with leaf from the plants that I cooked in the pot in layers while the plant vegged. They are my personal strain called OPP (old purple pussy) they are Forum cut GSC X GDP. It tested at just under 23% the last time I grew it so its a pretty decent smoke and clones from that plant. They have vegged for about 4 months now and are currently vegging under my 2 P450 :: Platinum Grow Lights. They have been under the big lights and in the big pots for almost a week now. I did cause some damage leaving them in 2 gallon pots for about 3 weeks to long, but they are coming around. My soil is now rich enough that I will be drenching much, much less than most kit users. Fair warning, please don't compare my middle to your beginning. I have 2 years of practice under my belt with the "kit", I have a little bit of a different system because of my soil development. This time around Doc and I feel that it'll be mostly water only and the all the drenches will be sparse at best. I have almost created animal byproduct free "super soil". We'll see what happens. I added some earth worm castings (EWC) and about 1/2 a bale of promix to what I have in the tub. I am planning on topping the pots off with that soil once its ready. I left about 5gl of room.

We will pick things up from the transplant about a week ago. These plants are also test plants for a product Doc has been working on. I tried it on my last plant and the flavor is out of this world from it. So we'll see how much different it makes things. The black pot will get the "salty drench" the brown one will not. The pots are in large saucers I prefer to mostly bottom feed my plants.

They have also been vegged under GLR and are going to flower under 11/13 when the time comes. Which will be in the next 4-7 days. They're starting to hook up now....

If anyone has questions...As always feel free to ask. And if we as posters can't answer a question in a nice friendly manor, please refrain from posting. There are plenty of people out here (like myself) who understand what it's like to be "new" and asking questions isn't something we should be jumping on people for. They ask because they don't know and are trying to gain the knowledge they seek and to not get belittled for asking. So please if you are going to post in my thread (and anywhere else for that matter) treat people how you would prefer to be treated. That stuff goes a long way. At the end of the day we can only treat people how they act....

From the transplant....
IMG_81822.JPG
IMG_81831.JPG
IMG_81844.JPG
IMG_81853.JPG
IMG_81863.JPG

Most current...
IMG_81941.JPG

:peacetwo::bigtoke::peacetwo:

re: Curso Plays with 2 PlatinumLED P450s & DocBud's HiBrix Blend - OPP x 2 - 20 Gallon

Front row seat...I'm in man. :cool:

Wooohooo!!! Sup Gov!!!

Sweet!!! I'm all in! :thumb::thumb:

:high-five:

Love the 'continued next week perpetual journals', Curso! Im in! :)

LOL I sometimes forget I am starting a new thread...LOL...Plus I don't like doing veg plants. Although I do have some exciting stuff behind these OPP. For instance...I have 2 TGA Jack Skellington's vegging and I started the rest of the GDP that BID had made so far 3 are above ground. I am also sometime in the very, very near future going to a local and picking up TGA Brian Berry Cough and whatever TGA testers the have there. I'd really like to get my hands on one of their CBD tester's so we'll see what they have available.

So Curso, what is going to prevent those two MITs..Monsters In Training from taking over your tent., uh , town?

Well I'll be honest, I want them to take over the tent...LOL There is a possibility that some of this might end up in the MI Cannabis Cup. We'll see....

re: Curso Plays with 2 PlatinumLED P450s & DocBud's HiBrix Blend - OPP x 2 - 20 Gallon

Wooohooo!!! Sup Gov!!!

LOL I sometimes forget I am starting a new thread...LOL...Plus I don't like doing veg plants. Although I do have some exciting stuff behind these OPP. For instance...I have 2 TGA Jack Skellington's vegging and I started the rest of the GDP that BID had made so far 3 are above ground. I am also sometime in the very, very near future going to a local and picking up TGA Brian Berry Cough and whatever TGA testers the have there. I'd really like to get my hands on one of their CBD tester's so we'll see what they have available.

Well I'll be honest, I want them to take over the tent...LOL There is a possibility that some of this might end up in the MI Cannabis Cup. We'll see....

I am currently growing TGA Pennywise, it is a 1:1 thc/CBD strain. It's on day 34 of flower. They smell soooooo good just like grape kool-aid. Very resinous.

Is that some kind of freak weed vine in that pic up there? :)

Oh yeah, subd :)

I am currently growing TGA Pennywise, it is a 1:1 thc/CBD strain. It's on day 34 of flower. They smell soooooo good just like grape kool-aid. Very resinous.

They have some new stuff out to be tested that is suppose to be similar. If I recall correctly they have a Charlotte's web cross. I'd like to know how that turns out bro. Let me know. Btw...I'll be out your way to the lab early next year :D

They have some new stuff out to be tested that is suppose to be similar. If I recall correctly they have a Charlotte's web cross. I'd like to know how that turns out bro. Let me know. Btw...I'll be out your way to the lab early next year :D

I sure will let you know how they turn out. They aren't high brix but still look to be doing very well. Between super lemon haze, blue dream and tangerine dream the pennywise are the most resinous at this stage. They are bulking up nicely too.
What a coincidence I will be out my way early next year too :). A meeting may be in order.

Curso+PlatinumLED's+Doc'sHighBrixKit = I'm there

Always a pleasure to watch and learn from your grows...:thumb:

Curso, you are a machine!

Exiting times to come.

Some TGA I want to test too in the future like Penny and BBC.

How to you treat your reused soil Curso ?
Just the same amount of amendment as for new soil or different ?

:popcorn:

I am in

Watching and learning all the way
:peace:

Is that some kind of freak weed vine in that pic up there? :)

Oh yeah, subd :)

LOL bro...Those are just the little guys I left there to take as clones when the time is right. :)

Curso+PlatinumLED's+Doc'sHighBrixKit = I'm there

Always a pleasure to watch and learn from your grows...:thumb:

Thanks man!! its always a learning experience for me too. You ladies and gentlemen are watching me figure some things out that really haven't been done yet. So its a constant learn for me too. I enjoy sharing it with you its fun when we can all learn together.

Curso, you are a machine!

LOL thank you Shawnee!!! I just have it figured out and trust me if I can figure it out, anyone can. Not insulting my own intelligence, just stating that things are easy when you just let them be. Doc's kit is like growing with the cheat codes, so its hard to not look like a fantastic grower. Add in some really nice lighting, you get something pretty special.

Exiting times to come.

Some TGA I want to test too in the future like Penny and BBC.

How to you treat your reused soil Curso ?
Just the same amount of amendment as for new soil or different ?

When I flip a grow...I take all the really big stuff off and dump the soil back into whatever is remaining in the tub. Then break all that shit up, right, then add the leaf and whatever isn't usable as medicine. I also use smartpots so the roots are mostly thin hair's and I get about 85% of the soil back. After its all broken up I mix in a handful of roots and let it go until its ready.

Every 3rd run. I add 30 lbs of ewc and 1 cup of amendment along with like 1/4-1/2 bale of promix HP (depending on the amount in the tub) and cook it with the leaf and other organic matter I add for about 1 month or until I am ready for it.

Keep it moist. Have fantastic soil for a long time.

I am in

Watching and learning all the way
:peace:

Welcome!! I am happy to be able to show/teach (if thats what we wanna call it) you guys how I do what I do and hopefully you guys will take what you need from what I do and make it work in your own area. That's what I did. I learned from a bunch of people on here and took what I needed from their style and applied it to work for me or at least in theory.

A few people challenging you along the way helps too. Nobody will push you like you will when you have to prove something even if its to yourself. Like my 2lb plant goal...Oh we'll see it from me one day and I hope it inspired someone to go and do it. That is some fun stuff just to try to do. "lets grow the biggest plant I possibly can in my area and see what happens" is a really, really good time.

I never said I wasn't trying for 2 lbs this round, just not 2bls off one plant...just in case anyone was wondering what I was shooting for this round. It will be 2 lbs until I hit it, then it'll be over...we can always improve.

Back
Top Bottom