High Brix

Thanks we needed some bud photos Doc! :thumb:

Hey doc have a question. Was the program they recommended for you right off the bat, the same program your following now?

I was wondering if it took a few revisions or if they nailed it right the first time?

Also, did they mention if the feeding schedule would change if one used say 30 gallons of soil split into two different raised bed (outside) versus having say two rows of 5 gallon containers , 3 in each row (inside)

Hey doc have a question. Was the program they recommended for you right off the bat, the same program your following now?

I was wondering if it took a few revisions or if they nailed it right the first time?

Also, did they mention if the feeding schedule would change if one used say 30 gallons of soil split into two different raised bed (outside) versus having say two rows of 5 gallon containers , 3 in each row (inside)

The ProMix was the first test that came with a recomendation for feeding/spraying/broadcast. The other soils failed and were not fit for use, so they didn't bother creating a program that wouldn't work. The president of the company even called personally after test number 4 failed.

So, right now the very first plants in the proper soil are being fed exactly the way they're supposed to be fed....barring mistakes on my part of which I made a big one a few days ago. Everything should be OK, however.

A cubic foot of soil is equal to about 7.5 gallons.....and the feed works out to one gallon being enough for 31 sq feet......so you've just got to do the math. A gallon of Perkup will feed 33-35 plants in the 7 gallon range....probably more than 50 in the 5 gallon range.

amazing pics doc, some very nice plants their mate,

i was speaking to an old allotment grower who lives near me, he grows his own fruit n veg and tobaco, his plants are always looking better than everyone elses, his strawberrys are twice and sometimes 3 times the size of the other growers who are in the same allotment as him, so i got speaking to him when i was walking my dog, and i asked him how he gets results like that, he told me its simple, its all about insects, he told me the more insects that have died in the soil the better, now he could be a crack pot, but he always out grows everyone else in the allotment, he started getting technical and it was beyond me, but he was saying when making compost its good to have some insect matter in the mix,

not sure how he goes about getting loads of insects, maybe he got big net and switches a big light on at night and spends the rest of the night catching and killing the bugs he catches, now either he is some crack pot who just got lucky growing fruit and veg like he is at the moment, or is their something in this insect side of things, ive never come across it before, and not even sure what or how they benefit the soil

amazing pics doc, some very nice plants their mate,

i was speaking to an old allotment grower who lives near me, he grows his own fruit n veg and tobaco, his plants are always looking better than everyone elses, his strawberrys are twice and sometimes 3 times the size of the other growers who are in the same allotment as him, so i got speaking to him when i was walking my dog, and i asked him how he gets results like that, he told me its simple, its all about insects, he told me the more insects that have died in the soil the better, now he could be a crack pot, but he always out grows everyone else in the allotment, he started getting technical and it was beyond me, but he was saying when making compost its good to have some insect matter in the mix,

not sure how he goes about getting loads of insects, maybe he got big net and switches a big light on at night and spends the rest of the night catching and killing the bugs he catches, now either he is some crack pot who just got lucky growing fruit and veg like he is at the moment, or is their something in this insect side of things, ive never come across it before, and not even sure what or how they benefit the soil

Insects are loaded with calcium....it makes up their exoskeleton. But I doubt that's why he's such a great grower. Some people just have a gift.

i hear you on that mate, its just his patch looks a whole lot better than everyone elses, they have a big pile of cow manure that they all use to spread on their patches, id get some myself but after seeing all the bugs and flies in and on it i decided against bringing it into my grow areas, dont want to risk any more problems than i can handle, but his fruit n veg is so much bigger and healthier than everyone elses, so he either got green fingers or he got hold of some bpn and is not telling anyone,

Some insects exoskeletons are made of or contain chitin. A quick google search will reveal the info. From my understanding is that when chitin comes into contact with the plant, the plant will think it is being attacked by insects/fungus. The plant will then defend itself with exudes to try to break down the chitin in order to destroy the infestation. Through this defense the plant will "beef up". Terrible explanation.... But a good source of chitin is crab shells..... Also the shells of locusts if you even have those bugs where your from.

Hey Docbud, did your plants survive? Hope all is well with you!
I have a question. I am doing an organic grow with rock powders in the mix and I think my tea was a little strong. It looked great for about
a week and then I gave it plain water and it just seems to be struggling with energy and leaves look like they need some nitrogen. I found some hydrolized fish nutes. Does this look ok to use. I dont want to kill my micro herd.
003977.JPG
0011016.JPG

Hello doc,

I'm sitting here currently with a pen and paper attempting to add your ratios together to see what your running. I'm coming up with a 8-18-4 beginning ratio, then a 8- 36-4 for flower. and with the srp the p would be higher as time goes by. Roughly by 18% . There seems to be two flowering mixtures present, I'm curious if this is why you feed with your pgr supplement? To curb unwanted growth and keep the p in a closer relationship with the n?

Curious on the rationale of the high phospourous, compared to the n. it's much different than any other mixture I've seen.

Cheers,

My whey

Hey Docbud, did your plants survive? Hope all is well with you!
I have a question. I am doing an organic grow with rock powders in the mix and I think my tea was a little strong. It looked great for about
a week and then I gave it plain water and it just seems to be struggling with energy and leaves look like they need some nitrogen. I found some hydrolized fish nutes. Does this look ok to use. I dont want to kill my micro herd.
003977.JPG
0011016.JPG

Is the top or bottom of the plant starving? If it's the bottom, you need to feed. If it's the top, you overfed tea. I've done it before.....don't worry, the plant will recover. Don't feed anymore tea for a while and then make a note to use 1/2 strength from now on. Once the microbes that ate all your soil energy die, the nutritiion will again be available to the plants. Just be patient, feed 'em water only, and don't be afraid to foliar feed in the meantime.

The fish product looks great.

Hello doc,

I'm sitting here currently with a pen and paper attempting to add your ratios together to see what your running. I'm coming up with a 8-18-4 beginning ratio, then a 8- 36-4 for flower. and with the srp the p would be higher as time goes by. Roughly by 18% . There seems to be two flowering mixtures present, I'm curious if this is why you feed with your pgr supplement? To curb unwanted growth and keep the p in a closer relationship with the n?

Curious on the rationale of the high phospourous, compared to the n. it's much different than any other mixture I've seen.

Cheers,

My whey

When growing High Brx, you've pretty much got to throw NPK out the window. Most of the material in the soil is NOT available to the plants. It's there for the microbes. You want massive amounts of calcium, and specific ratio's of P:K, Ca:Mg, etc. If you're interested, go back and read the basics of HIgh Brix a page or two back and you'll understand the whole concept.

Thanks docbud! Its yellowing from the bottom up. I gave it a healthy dose of fish.:thumb:

that should work mate! What kind of tea are you using?

2 cups of ancient forest, 1 cup wiggle worm, 4tbs molasses, 1 tbs azomite. I cut it 10:1 because I thought it was weak. next time 20:1.

Hey Docbud, whats your first thoughts when you see these leaves?
009596.JPG
012406.JPG
013394.JPG
005872.JPG

I think its heat stress coupled with humidity. Temps got up to 82 with the humidity as low as 28%.
The overall vigor is awesome growing inches per day. Im waiting on my soil to cook thats why their in 1 gallons. The clones I took would not wait.
Thanks in advance Doc!:thumb:

Hey Docbud, whats your first thoughts when you see these leaves?
009596.JPG
012406.JPG
013394.JPG
005872.JPG

I think its heat stress coupled with humidity. Temps got up to 82 with the humidity as low as 28%.
The overall vigor is awesome growing inches per day. Im waiting on my soil to cook thats why their in 1 gallons. The clones I took would not wait.
Thanks in advance Doc!:thumb:

Yep. It's stress and IMO it's not necessarily a bad thing. I get that fairly often on the tops of plants that are getting borderline too much light, or plants that are right in front of a fan that's pointed wrong. Those plants usually end up having the frostiest buds up top.

I'm not getting it as much now because I'm spraying with Enthuse, which is designed to counter plant stress, IE wind, low humidity, transplanting, etc.

Occassionally a magnesium uptake issue does that too. If that's the case, foliar feed the magnesium, in the form of CalMag, or epsom salts and water if you haven't got CalMag. Do not water with the epsom salt as it will throw off the calcium/magnesium balance that you achieve with the rock powders.

But, like you said, your garden is thriving. Don't worry about it!

Thanks Docbud!:high-five:

Looks good Doc! You can really see that brix shine...even on the ripe buds

Yup. And I have lots of mites too.....not that I care. You can only see 'em with the microscope. The dead outnumber the living. The new mix is going to be even better.

Brix levels are steadily rising too. The "old" mix is clocking in at 17 brix after 2 hours of lights on. The new mix is already at 15 in the dark. The goal is 22, but anything over about 16 will do the job as far as pests and disease goes.

Back
Top Bottom