Hortishorti Runs A Clone - 10Gal Fabric Pot - Roots Organic & TLC

Thank you Bignstrange! She definitely loves to drink up :) Because I'm doing a minimal runoff watering schedule, I get to wet the soil a few times a day and she seems to love it
. I really want to try my hand at coco for that reason, i feel if I'm around to maintain them or even set up a drip system, it could be a really really effective grow media!

I'll be watching you among others and taking notes for the next round of plants .

DSC_038916.JPG
DSC_038817.JPG

Well 420magazine, Chloe and I are gonna call it a night :) I hope she keeps up this rapid growth

Night, night you two! .

Thanks for dropping in Newty! I'm happy you showed up :)

Goodmorning everyone!

So I guess I'm in the stretch finally :) The girl is stacking her nodes just the way I hoped - on the last plant, there were some areas where stretch between nugs was in excess of 2". I'm estimating no node will stretch greater than half an inch to 1" on this girl. I'm keeping the lights close enough to prevent excessive stretch, anyways.
DSC_039424.JPG
DSC_039120.JPG

I'm also really happy that some of her foliage is now hanging over the 10gal pot on almost all sides. :)

Looks good shorti, cant wait to see her flower

Thanks PW! I can't wait either, in about 2-3 weeks, I plan on removing the bottom 30% of growth entirely. I'd like to try a low-defol approach but I don't think she's gonna let that happen & because my schedule with her got interrupted, I'm not gonna be able to throw an HID over her like I had hoped :( I hope these Mars can handle her.

Also, depending on how her production is within the first 3-4 weeks will determine whether or not I invest in an organic bloom fert. I may even end up using Tiger Bloom again because I'm very familiar with what she can handle with it. but because she's immobile, I'll need to set up a drainage pump to handle the runoff when flush time comes.

Re: Hortishorti Runs A Clone - 10Gal Fabric Pot - Roots Organic & TLC

Yea she is a good looking girl.. she is so bushy!! Hope she stretches some for ya.. you want some stretch imo. Unless youdont have the space to work with.

Thanks Toasty! I hope she stretches too, right now I'd face a serious overcrowding issue if she decided to bloom out on me. I'm conflicted on whether or not my last grow gave me a good indicator on her stretch potential because I'm pretty sure I stunted her(nute issues, transplant @ 2 weeks flowering, etc) and even then she stretched 300% from flip. a 300% stretch would solve tons of issues, but I'm not really sure what to expect so I'll handle it as she throws it at me

Automation is the way to go

I'll definitely do what I've gotta do.

So it's been almost 2 weeks since I harvested her mom, and her medicine is curing nicely! I wanted to show it off a bit so here are some pics:
DSC_039826.JPG
DSC_039719.JPG

Her weigh-in today is 33 grams, I haven't touched or smoked any of her real medicine yet. I'm saying 33 grams while excluding roughly 10 grams of larf/popcorn. So while my harvest was small, it was also my first grow & I'm really proud of the quality of the results so far.

The aroma is creamy and sweet, both floral and citrus. It's not really a knockout stench, I'd say it's... exotic?
If I agitate the nugs a little, I end up with the same scent, however a sharp cheesy, skunk smell accompanies the stickness on my fingers.

As I said, I haven't tried any of the medicine(I consider the tops, etc the real medicine, the larf and underbuds are just for sittin' smoke.)
BUT, if the larfy buds were any indication of her flavor and effects, I'd say the flavor is.. almost like vanilla, it's really weird. The smoke produces a classic smell, a musky sweet stench that comes from unmistakably great cannabis. The effects are whole body with an emphasis on cerebral. After 40-45 minutes, you're still completely stoned but the entire house becomes edible. Total effects last about 2 hours but this stuff leaves me with a bit of a hangover, groggy, hazey, cloudy. It usually ends in a nap.

Can't wait to try the real medicine after a proper cure, but here's where we are anyways

Sounds like a good evening smoke, congrats!

Thanks PW, it definitely is better suited to an evening smoke :) I myself am a bigger fan of strains like Green Cush, or SSH or basically any mind whacking energetic sativa. As much as I'm proud of her, I think this clone here will be my last run of her. I grow strictly for myself and an all-day smoke is what I love most. Means I gotta pop some real genetics, would have to sort through a million "bag seed" to find what I want.

I like my indicas, but getting ready to run Malawi so we'll see how that works out. .

Mm Malawi is beautiful. I can't get over the flowering period though, plus my experience reading journals kinda tells me some sativa's can be a real pain in the ass to grow :( Any suggestions on good hybrids, sativa effect/indica grow patterns?

Looking great! I'm excited to watch the monster crop happen! I hope my new rooted monster will be a real monster like yours!. I'm luckily always a few weeks behind you so can follow your lead;) I have a question about your popcorn buds? How do you dry/cure yours? Do you leave them out to dry and then smoke or do you do a quick cure? I'm hoping to learn so I can take some of my bottom stuff now since it's not growing really. Lots of crystals on it though so I'm all ears! .✌️

Looking great! I'm excited to watch the monster crop happen! I hope my new rooted monster will be a real monster like yours!. I'm luckily always a few weeks behind you so can follow your lead;) I have a question about your popcorn buds? How do you dry/cure yours? Do you leave them out to dry and then smoke or do you do a quick cure? I'm hoping to learn so I can take some of my bottom stuff now since it's not growing really. Lots of crystals on it though so I'm all ears! .✌️

I literally just left them in a glass bowl out in the open in a dark/dry room. 3-4 days later they were smoke ready :) No cure at all and they did the job. The slower you let them dry, the better. I let the big buds dry over the course of ~10 days, throwing them in a humidity controlled cooler at 50'F roughly 5 days in until they were ready for jars.

You're not far off from harvest though and you've waited all this time - your lower nugs may not be developing much but they're still part of the main branch rather than buds grown on limp/underdeveloped side-branches. I'd say let them ripen up a bit more, I wish I had been able to.

Back
Top Bottom