Hortishorti's First Grow - Organic Bagseed 2017

I forgot that I transplanted her into roughly 2 new gallons(1.6 to 3.6gal) of FFOF roughly a week into flowering. Could totally be N abundance. I think I'm gonna cut out N for the remainder of the grow.

May be a good move, if you try different things only try one at a time. That way if it doesn't agree with her you know what caused it. If you change 2-3 things at once and a problem pops up you'll be lost as to the cause.

May be a good move, if you try different things only try one at a time. That way if it doesn't agree with her you know what caused it. If you change 2-3 things at once and a problem pops up you'll be lost as to the cause.
I appreciate the advise, Pennywise. I just gave her a 3gal flush out in the sun. Gonna wait until she dries out before anything else.

DSC_018130.JPG
DSC_018045.JPG

Today marks 28 days since first pistil! I'm happy to say that the issues are resolving themselves, or so I assume, because her day to day appearance is still changing quite dramatically. Despite her stretch(1"+ between nodes in some spots), her buds are now growing quickly enough that I can foresee the cola's connecting just as I'd hoped for. She's gonna be a beauty here in the upcoming weeks. I'm also really happy with the quality of meds I think she'll put out. The trim I've accumulated has been slo & low curing, and oh my, it's already rather potent & doesn't disappoint in the short periods where I'm out of meds. :Namaste: I want to thank everyone who's kept me encouraged and determined throughout this, the high I'm experiencing right now has me thinking about how much the people I share this with are going to enjoy it. Mainly, I'm just feeling really proud.

A big thanks to all of you who have made it clear you'll be here to help me if something goes wrong.
I wish I was capable of sharing with all of you.

I've been slowly collecting my trim in a bubble bag in my freezer haha, as soon as I cut it, I throw it in there. I've only made about a gram of bubble hash(most trim was without trichomes), but I'm pleasantly surprised with the results. :)

Did you ever start the LST on the smaller plant you asked me about? Would love to see how that's going so I can possibly offer any advice!
I actually haven't started LST yet, I'm waiting to get some more containers & soil; I'm gonna let the bottom nodes get large enough to where I won't be afraid of completely snapping them when I tie them down. The clone is still doing very very nicely. I've put them on 20/4 for now, I'm gonna wean them down to 12/12 coinciding with my current flowering plant finishing. Seems I'll only have room for 1 plant.

I also went ahead and got the 250hps I mentioned earlier in my posts. I currently have the ballast, reflector and fixture, just waiting on the bulb currently. I'm thinking of using 1 mars hydro for veg, while supplementing the 250hps with the others mars hydro during flower. We will see.

Well whenever you decide to start training that little girl, I'll be here to help! I'm glad to hear they're all doing well..the only concern I see with the HPS light would be the heat but if you have that under control then you shouldn't have any problems! I'm sure the girls will love it!

lmfao.jpg

So uh.. this is my new setup until I have the time to work out the logistics.

DSC_020134.JPG
DSC_020031.JPG
DSC_019736.JPG

Not much to update other the HPS is doing great things as sidelighting after just 2 days. Bud sites that previously had no potential in the lower canopy are literally covered with pistils now. I'm really proud of her. Goodnight 420magazine!

Goodmorning and happy sunday 420magazine!

Today, I gifted all but 2 clones to a close friend. I will be assisting him with feeding & technicalities of the grow as he learns. The clones I kept have been under 20/4 light schedule under 4 6500k 23w CFLs for roughly 4 days now, and I'm happy to say it's completely re-vegged(I had taken it the day pistils appeared, it took a while to get going but it's totally beautiful now).
DSC_021234.JPG

As you can see, I've started my very lazy method of training. :cheer:
My other clone is the triploid top of the indica dom. seedling that sexed female I mentioned earlier in my journal, it is finally rooted & now beginning to reach for the light. I have a feeling it will be a slow process with this one, but I really did like the characteristics of it's mother, who I also gifted to my friend despite it being 2 weeks into flowering. This was done due to issues with space.
DSC_021331.JPG

I have also decided that I will be dropping LED's entirely until I have the funding to go with a PS1000 or equivalent light. The initial startup costs of LED's versus their output, along with my experience so far with the Mars 300's has convinced me to invest in a 400 or 600w MH/HPS combo w/cool tube for when I throw these clones into flowering. Because of this, for one week following my harvest, I will be renovating and updating my grow chamber. I plan to create a well ventilated, sealed environment with climate control. I have also determined that a carbon filter for exhaust is entirely necessary. As it stands currently, my SINGLE flowering plant is producing enough smell that the scent of cannabis is detectable throughout a 3000+ sq foot house, and it is merely just short of 5 weeks into flowering.

With that, I end this journal entry with a picture of her doing her thing :)
DSC_021036.JPG
For some reason, I have a feeling that the 250hps used as side-lighting throughout the remainder of my grow is going to make a huuuuge difference.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Your big girl looks absolutely amazing! She's really filling up that space! I'm sure your friend is thrilled to be getting such a good head start from you and the assistance! The small plant you've got the hanger on, how is that working to hold the top over? I always taped the tip of a leaf down to get the initial shape and then twist tied it down from there. The only reason I say this is cause I feel like the hanger isn't gonna get you all the results you're wanting

Your big girl looks absolutely amazing! She's really filling up that space! I'm sure your friend is thrilled to be getting such a good head start from you and the assistance! The small plant you've got the hanger on, how is that working to hold the top over? I always taped the tip of a leaf down to get the initial shape and then twist tied it down from there. The only reason I say this is cause I feel like the hanger isn't gonna get you all the results you're wanting
Thank you GrnThumbs! The big girl is definitely exceeding my expectations so far!

I actually just laid the hanger on it this morning to put some weight on the nodes at the top, forcing them level with all new growth on the plant. I plan to do much more, will give her a haircut tomorrow morning right before lights on, drill some holes into the rim of the pot & start Flux training :) crazy enough, she's already bigger than her mom was when I first flipped to 12/12 haha

So, circumstances have led to me having to move my entire operation outside until Wednesday at the earliest.. I am deeply saddened and troubled by this, luckily enough, my light schedule is within 40~ minutes the current sun schedule..

I hope this won't stress my plant too much :(

It should be known that my area is currently getting ~13 hours of sunlight daily. Sun-rises about the time lights on, sets 30 minutes after lights off.

DSC_023636.JPG

We're now on day 35, my girl really seems to love the sun :circle-of-love:

With the help of KingJoe, I was able to sort out what was best for my plant given the circumstances.

Shout out to you, Joe!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom