Hortishorti's First Grow - Organic Bagseed 2017

420-magazine-mobile1796306424.jpg

Goodnight 420magazine!

420-magazine-mobile919044649.jpg

Circumstances today led to me losing my t8 veg light :( I moved 2 of my clones outdoors and the biggest one into the flowering chamber. Other than that, my flowering plant is really taking the spotlight. The clone I moved into the flowering room is about the size her mother was when I flipped to 12/12.

Anyways, I hope everyone has had a good day!

The clone looks really good! That sucks you lost your light, I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure you will be able to make it work! These girls are resilient little plants

I'm sure it will, I'm getting new medium and some fabric pots to transplant them into tomorrow. I say medium because I'm debating whether or not to switch from FFOF. I was considering a hempy setup or coco mix, but unfortunately these girls are rooted in soil.

Anyone have any ideas?

If you could clean and wash the root ball you could go into coco
I read somewhere that you said if you were to do coco again, you wouldn't amend with perlite? I think I'm gonna research a bit more into coco - but I'm really concerned with washing the root ball..

Maybe I can throw a high powered airstone into a bucket of water and submerge the rootball & let erosion take course?

Sure that would work, i start all my babies in coco then clean the roots and transfer to hydro buckets. Ledrf has a video he did on cleaning roots off.

It's alright about the light :) the clones outdoors are in a screen room & they sure we're loving the sunlight today.

I've been monitoring my baby that's a bit over 3 weeks flowering, I believe I have very mild nutrient burn but it's only on 2 of the fan leaves? The trichomes are really starting to layer on
420-magazine-mobile70484775.jpg

I've been reading into back building and other techniques for later during flowering, but I have a feeling she's gonna be super frosty (already super stinky haha).

Anyways, I'm taking an early night, just topped off my flowering baby with a gallon of RO water. Gonna go 2 waterings before next feeding :) hope everyone's having a good day, and good night!

I've been reading into back building and other techniques for later during flowering, but I have a feeling she's gonna be super frosty (already super stinky haha).

I'd never heard of backbuilding so I looked into it this morning. From what I read and watched its supposed to add density to the buds and increase the side growth on the colas but not necessarily increase potency or frost? It seems to me pretty much like topping during veg only during flower. I may try it on a couple of colas on my girls whenever they start flowering .

I'd never heard of backbuilding so I looked into it this morning. From what I read and watched its supposed to add density to the buds and increase the side growth on the colas but not necessarily increase potency or frost? It seems to me pretty much like topping during veg only during flower. I may try it on a couple of colas on my girls whenever they start flowering .
It's been a while, GrnThumbs! Hope your babies are doing good :) Yeah, backbuilding is supposed to increase flower girth/density. I'm just waiting until week 5-6 flower to see if my colas are going to be airy or dense before I do it. The last thing I wanna do is throw my plants out of whack so I'm thinking maybe I'll just let it go full term with no additional technique applied, that way I can get a good idea for the base - line production. I'm thinking any modifications on technique will be used on clones when I begin to flower them.

Would like to see an update on your girls :) how are they liking the bigger containers?

It's been a while, GrnThumbs! Hope your babies are doing good :) Yeah, backbuilding is supposed to increase flower girth/density. I'm just waiting until week 5-6 flower to see if my colas are going to be airy or dense before I do it. The last thing I wanna do is throw my plants out of whack so I'm thinking maybe I'll just let it go full term with no additional technique applied, that way I can get a good idea for the base - line production. I'm thinking any modifications on technique will be used on clones when I begin to flower them.

Would like to see an update on your girls :) how are they liking the bigger containers?

Yeah I've been pretty busy the past few days and haven't had to much spare time to spend on here! The girls are doing good and I'll do a full update later on today.

I don't think letting them go the full term this time is a bad idea cause like you said, you'll get to see the base line production of the genetics you have and you have clones you'll be able to experiment even more on! One of the guys I was watching earlier backbuild his buds was doing the side colas more than the main colas and he didn't do all of them so you can always experiment a little bit on the girls you have flowering now. I also read on it and the guy who wrote the article strictly wanted to show the effects of backbuilding so he backbuilt one main cola that was right next to another and then left the other. The end result was two practically identical stalks of bud but the one that had been backbuilt was much more densely covered with buds. Just some fruit for thought!

420-magazine-mobile360868071.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1824013243.jpg

I've been paying close attention to my girl, noticing red stems & the odd fan leaf yellowing a bit.. I know fan leaves are supposed to yellow a bit during flowering, sure. But then I notice in the undergrowth of the canopy, that some leaves are folded, appearing mangled.

Despite this, my plant looks very healthy. She's always very perky. I've been quick to dismiss signs & symptoms because I've stayed on-top of things(runoff consistently 6.5).. and also because the issues occurred in a very isolated/rare fashion.

I'm hoping these aren't symptoms of a greater issue, I'm hoping it all boils down to me having been to prudent and cautious regarding nutes during veg/early flower. Either way, I'm keeping an eye out for developments & hoping I am keen enough to prevent an issue rather than wait for it to manifest..

Anyways, here's to a good day for everyone!

420-magazine-mobile964528053.jpg
420-magazine-mobile662954081.jpg
420-magazine-mobile588913934.jpg

Here's about the extent of it. I always chalked up these leaf deformations as being the result of leaves having grown into eachother. The only reason I'm concerned now is after having read into the red stem phenomena. Another factor could be the very low RH of my area(between 28-35%).

I should also mention that these issues are only present in areas of the plant that do not receive direct light.

The only thing i see is a some "claw" going on which would be excess nitrogen.
I thought the same at first, but I eliminated nitrogen entirely at the beginning of flower until I received Tiger Bloom (2-8-4). It's worth mention that the tips of the leaves were forced downward by the fan leaf in the picture. :/ I'll keep an eye out just to be sure. I'm thinking about getting some top-dress amendments to enhance the biology in the soil. I'm also considering slowly tuning the ph up to 6.9 over the next week. Maybe a good flush, too.

Back
Top Bottom