Hortishorti's First Grow - Organic Bagseed 2017

I'm not sure what it was exactly that made them short and bushy, but, I will tell you that I topped them very early on, and employed supercropping on the resulting branches. I think you should research the topics as that will give you the information that inspired my actions rather than me relaying my actions to you. I'm still a noob .

I'm happy to hear that you sexed 3 females! I'd love to see them, do you have a journal or pics?

Thanks for your input! I have done a little research on super cropping but will do way more now that I see everyone's great results:) I just read your journal and will keep following to get tips! Here are my girls! I think 2 Sativa or hybrid and 1 indica?? Not sure though as they came from random bags! No journal yet as I'm still so new to the site! Lol

I'm thinking of cloning them but is it too late? One just sexed today and the other 2 yesterday. I'm waiting on lights to bring them inside.
420-magazine-mobile1377755197.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1410830431.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1469737954.jpg

Thanks for your input! I have done a little research on super cropping but will do way more now that I see everyone's great results:) I just read your journal and will keep following to get tips! Here are my girls! I think 2 Sativa or hybrid and 1 indica?? Not sure though as they came from random bags! No journal yet as I'm still so new to the site! Lol

I'm thinking of cloning them but is it too late? One just sexed today and the other 2 yesterday. I'm waiting on lights to bring them inside.
420-magazine-mobile1377755197.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1410830431.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1469737954.jpg
Your babies look happy and healthy and they're already showing! Give them some balanced flowering nutrients and I'm certain they'll do amazing. I notice they're outdoor, I wouldn't worry about training. Let them go au naturale .

Your babies look happy and healthy and they're already showing! Give them some balanced flowering nutrients and I'm certain they'll do amazing. I notice they're outdoor, I wouldn't worry about training. Let them go au naturale .

Thanks! I'm moving them in at night and in for good as soon as their new light arrives. I'm in northern Canada so the days are getting colder and shorter.. I suck at giving them nutrients...I have them in 70% coco coir and 30% organic compost. I've been giving them miracle grow plant food every 3 days at 1/3rd the recommended dose because I'm scared of burning them. Any advise on Nutrition for them at this stage would be most welcome:)

Thanks! I'm moving them in at night and in for good as soon as their new light arrives. I'm in northern Canada so the days are getting colder and shorter.. I suck at giving them nutrients...I have them in 70% coco coir and 30% organic compost. I've been giving them miracle grow plant food every 3 days at 1/3rd the recommended dose because I'm scared of burning them. Any advise on Nutrition for them at this stage would be most welcome:)

I'm not telling you to stay away from MG but I would recommend not using it as that's all I've ever heard. Everything I've read has told me their products are trash for cannabis growing. With that being said if your plants don't mind it and you have no other option I would just continue to make judgement calls on when to up the dosage for them. If you can get your hands on a better nutrient line I would do that as soon as possible but it's not the end of the world if you don't. I havent used nutes in my grow at all and I'm in week 5 or 6 I can't remember right now..I'm pretty stoned lol but I'm also in a soil media so I don't necessarily need them yet where as you do.

Keep in mind I'm a soil grower, but I do have some knowledge of coco..it's as close to hydro as you can get without being hydro and from my understanding it does best when it stays wet. I'll put the journal I follow that is using coco in here in just a minute. He's got an awesome system set up and seems like he really knows what he's doing.

Recirculating Water In Coco

I'm not telling you to stay away from MG but I would recommend not using it as that's all I've ever heard. Everything I've read has told me their products are trash for cannabis growing. With that being said if your plants don't mind it and you have no other option I would just continue to make judgement calls on when to up the dosage for them. If you can get your hands on a better nutrient line I would do that as soon as possible but it's not the end of the world if you don't. I havent used nutes in my grow at all and I'm in week 5 or 6 I can't remember right now..I'm pretty stoned lol but I'm also in a soil media so I don't necessarily need them yet where as you do.

Keep in mind I'm a soil grower, but I do have some knowledge of coco..it's as close to hydro as you can get without being hydro and from my understanding it does best when it stays wet. I'll put the journal I follow that is using coco in here in just a minute. He's got an awesome system set up and seems like he really knows what he's doing.

Recirculating Water In Coco

Hey man! Thanks, I've heard the same but used it anyway because it's all I could find. . I would like to order something online but I'm not sure what's best. Do you have a suggestion? I really appreciate your feedback! There is so much crazy info on google that I'm shocked my plants have made it this far. I use some organic compost with the Coco and have done a couple compost teas and only just started the plant food. I will follow that journal you suggested, thanks

Hey man! Thanks, I've heard the same but used it anyway because it's all I could find. . I would like to order something online but I'm not sure what's best. Do you have a suggestion? I really appreciate your feedback! There is so much crazy info on google that I'm shocked my plants have made it this far. I use some organic compost with the Coco and have done a couple compost teas and only just started the plant food. I will follow that journal you suggested, thanks

Check out my journal and look at the dyna-gro info and if you need more info just pm me (if you can) I can't personally recommend them but one of the people that has been a lot of help for me set me on to their preview pack and his plants were gorgeous plus a medium yield of roughly just under 200 grams if I remember correctly

Check out my journal and look at the dyna-gro info and if you need more info just pm me (if you can) I can't personally recommend them but one of the people that has been a lot of help for me set me on to their preview pack and his plants were gorgeous plus a medium yield of roughly just under 200 grams if I remember correctly

Cool thanks, will do! I just started my journal today, can't wait to learn. Thanks guys

420-magazine-mobile1869288063.jpg

Not much update today other than my seedling finally sexed as female! Look at this triploid!! I thought it was pretty neat. I'm gearing up to clone this beauty . hope everyone has an awesome day

420-magazine-mobile1869288063.jpg

Not much update today other than my seedling finally sexed as female! Look at this triploid!! I thought it was pretty neat. I'm gearing up to clone this beauty . hope everyone has an awesome day

Beauty. my big girl just sexed! Looks like I can still clone? I've been looking for this answer! Any tips for clones? I hear jiffy pellets

Beauty. my big girl just sexed! Looks like I can still clone? I've been looking for this answer! Any tips for clones? I hear jiffy pellets
Yes you can still clone! My current rooted clones (3 of 4 made it) were all taken 7 days from first sign of flowering.

The 3 that made it were all rooted in Jiffy pellets + Rootech gel & watered very lightly over the course of 7 days in direct shade outdoors, inside of a humidity dome. Roots appeared on day 5, on day 7 they were placed in small pots with soil, now they're under 4 t8 fluorescents 24/7 and seem to be loving it at day 9 of their life.

I of course took the branches with very little flowering growth when I made my clones. Not sure if that helps or not, but I know that people have successfully cloned fully flowering plants before.

Yes you can still clone! My current rooted clones (3 of 4 made it) were all taken 7 days from first sign of flowering.

The 3 that made it were all rooted in Jiffy pellets + Rootech gel & watered very lightly over the course of 7 days in direct shade outdoors, inside of a humidity dome. Roots appeared on day 5, on day 7 they were placed in small pots with soil, now they're under 4 t8 fluorescents 24/7 and seem to be loving it at day 9 of their life.

I of course took the branches with very little flowering growth when I made my clones. Not sure if that helps or not, but I know that people have successfully cloned fully flowering plants before.

Yes this is beautiful info! Thanks so much, I'm learning way more from you all then I did on google! Glad to be here! I'm going to cut some of the lower branches as they do not have preflowers yet just the tops do. Can you easily tell when they root? I practiced a couple weeks ago by cloning my spearmint plant and it took so fingers crossed! I'll be following you to see how everything turns out!

Yes this is beautiful info! Thanks so much, I'm learning way more from you all then I did on google! Glad to be here! I'm going to cut some of the lower branches as they do not have preflowers yet just the tops do. Can you easily tell when they root? I practiced a couple weeks ago by cloning my spearmint plant and it took so fingers crossed! I'll be following you to see how everything turns out!
In Jiffy pellets, the roots will come out the sides and bottom. You may or may not experience yellowing - also, in my experience, be careful with the light intensity over them. Too much light before their roots can handle it appears to dramatically slow the growth(or in my case, killed one of my clones) .

420-magazine-mobile1378162964.jpg

Lights off for the flowering plant ;)
Anyways, here's goodnight to everyone!

DSC_015042.JPG
DSC_014441.JPG

Day 18 of flowering! She seems to have no idea how to slow down her stretching - but I'm really happy with the overall bud development, I see many possible colas :) Clear trichomes are now giving the new leaf growth a nice shine, and her true color is almost a blue-green. Still very musky skunk/chem odor, but the room has an ambient haze smell as well. I wish I knew her genetic line. Either way, I'm happy to have rooted clones of her which I topped yesterday for the first time. Everything is so exciting, I'm so energetic about all of this. Growing has become one of the best therapies I've ever known.

Much love to the 420magazine community! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and if you're in Irma's path, STAY SAFE! <3

DSC_016238.JPG
DSC_016042.JPG

Day 21 of flowering

Lookin good shorti! Those girls have done some serious growing over the past few weeks!

Thank you, GrnThmbs! It's crazy looking at pictures from not even a month ago and seeing that she's more than tripled in size :eek: She definitely dominates my little 2x2 area. She's roughly 10" from both mars 300's now, so I'm watching closely for any sign of light stress.

I'm really hoping the rest of my flowering cycle keeps going smoothly.

How are your girls digging the transplant?

So far they seem to love it! They haven't shown any signs of stress or nute burn from the little bit I gave them! I'm excited to start flowering my girls in the next few days

Back
Top Bottom