Hortishorti's First Grow - Organic Bagseed 2017

Ah maybe try to snag you a camera for the low.... or get you a smartphone that you use specifically for documenting the grow and just run it on wifi lol... a good smartphone with a decent camera can be had for around 100$ refurbished. Or you know just use it as an excuse to upgrade your phone regardless lol.

420-magazine-mobile330919752.jpg

Here's an update! About 12 days since pistils first showed :) she is stretching really nice and filling out! I moved her to a 3.6gal 3 days ago with FFOF I have been preparing for her. I've also added tiger bloom to my feeding cycle.

Other than that, not much update! Clones look well but no roots showing in Jiffy pellets after 5 days so far :/ dunno what's wrong.

Looks good and don't worry about the clones not many strains will root in 5 days in jiffy pellets.. my special queen #1 takes around 3 weeks to root lol but my bagseed ive cloned only takes 5-10 days
ca231f4c5276260d4f566f458432496f.jpg
here is a top from one of my bagseed clones even with all the growth kept on it rooted on 5-6 days lol just be patient and dont let the jiffy pellets dry out it can take a while... I just keep mine under a CFL or two depending how many while still in the tray and just water as needed I dont mist or use a humidity dome and I keep a small fan blowing on them (a tiny usb fan)

DSC_013438.JPG
DSC_013735.JPG

Updates for the day! Officially 14 days since pistils first appeared, I'm really satisfied with how she's doing :) Here's to hoping I'll have a painless, breezy rest of flowering. I'm giving 2gal pure RO(6.8~) in between feedings and she seems to be loving it. My current feeding schedule is 3tsp FF Big Bloom, 2tsp Tiger Bloom per 2gal.

Hope everyone's having a great day.

Thank you pennywise!

Not much to report today other than I finally have a bit better veg area!
420-magazine-mobile1425183676.jpg

I now have 3 rooted clones of my female under 24 hour light(they are only 4ft t8s but there's 4 of them at 32w each and it was free!) I'm going for tighter internodal growth than previously because this strain can STRETCH, I'm hoping I accomplish it. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Thank you pennywise!

Not much to report today other than I finally have a bit better veg area!
420-magazine-mobile1425183676.jpg

I now have 3 rooted clones of my female under 24 hour light(they are only 4ft t8s but there's 4 of them at 32w each and it was free!) I'm going for tighter internodal growth than previously because this strain can STRETCH, I'm hoping I accomplish it. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Good luck achieving your goal of closer internodal growth . I'm assuming you have your lights closer to the plants this time?

Good luck achieving your goal of closer internodal growth . I'm assuming you have your lights closer to the plants this time?
Oh the node spacing wasn't really an issue, my flowering plant is doing beautifully - I just know I held it back a little because I flipped it to 12/12 when it was only 8 inches tall - it's now nearly 2ft!!

These are cuttings of the same plant, I'm just planning on vegging them for a few weeks 24/7 under the 6500k fluorescents. I'm not afraid to let them grow very close to them like I am the led haha.

I gotcha..I was assuming space had become an issue with the other plant
In a way it has and hasn't, I have unlimited space just not unlimited light for it atm :( don't get me wrong, my flowering girl is beautiful and doing amazing, I just have this idea in my head that I would be able to better manage an even canopy with an adequate veg technique (which I didn't use at all on my baby, training didn't start until 12/12 aside from topping.)

Maybe I have an obsession with lighting haha, next week I'm either getting a 150 hps or SK closet case LED to hang between my 2 mars 300's for the rest of flowering. I'm also considering supplemental co2. I just picked up some Atami bloombastic this morning. I'm trying to grow the best stuff I've ever smoked :) I feel like if I just keep believing in her and treating her with love, she'll do it.

You got some big plans! I've never supplemented co2 so idk much about that but having adequate lighting does make the world of difference and it's definitely better to have too much (if there is a such thing as long as it's controllable) than to have too little!

You got some big plans! I've never supplemented co2 so idk much about that but having adequate lighting does make the world of difference and it's definitely better to have too much (if there is a such thing as long as it's controllable) than to have too little!
I wouldn't say I have big plans, I just have a big love for transcendental medicine . my entire seed stock came from meds I considered transcendental.

I do care about yields a little, but I'd be happy with even an OZ of the highest quality. Which I'm sure I'll exceed an OZ.

My readings on CO2 supplementation give me the idea that it's almost useless unless you have excessive lighting. I'd like to hear some direct input from someone with first-hand experience, but I'm definitely prepared to give these buds all they need to reach their full potential.

My next generation will be done with either Docs Hi-Brix or hempy, I'd also like to try out a nice coco/perlite mix.

I hear ya! I'm going for a little bit of both. I want high quality meds but I also need a pretty large yield as I'll have to patients on it (myself and my girlfriend). We both suffer from anxiety/depression and I have sleep problems so the meds really help there too!

I'd also like to try coco/perlite mix but I'm afraid this is gonna be my last grow until I move in may. And then it could be a while before I'm comfortable setting up in the new place as I'll be closer to an unknowing family that has a habit of just dropping by lol and I don't need them stumbling upon my setup

Hey all, sorry it's been quite a while! I had to go quite a while without Internet!

I am down to just 2 plants and a 10 day old seedling unfortunately. Only one is confirmed to be female!

Here's a picture with the lights off!
The one in the orange pot revealed itself to be a male this morning so it has been pulled :'( it stunk so nice though.

420-magazine-mobile1549310910.jpg

Here's a picture with the lights on now :)

420-magazine-mobile1042635339.jpg

It has been such a neat learning experience!!

Great pics!! How do you get them short and bushy like that? Lol is it the light or do you train/prune? I'm doing my first grow as well from "bag seeds" all 3 just sexed as female! TIA

Great pics!! How do you get them short and bushy like that? Lol is it the light or do you train/prune? I'm doing my first grow as well from "bag seeds" all 3 just sexed as female! TIA

It's all based on genetics when it comes to plant structure. You can train plants to grow outward instead of up but a sativa is gonna be much taller than an indica

This plant is also on day 33~
Still no sign of flower or preflower, and unfortunately, I guess my vision isn't well enough to tell.. I am a bit wary of what it's gender will be, because as of now, all new growth has been entirely symmetrical.

420-magazine-mobile1657473845.jpg

I've followed the same schedule on both plants, I've also used a variety of LST(now removed) and Supercropping techniques. Despite having ran into PH issues (my RO hovers at 7.8 and I didn't have any sort of PH testing equipment until last monday) I think I'm doing pretty well for a first timer .

I'm also pretty happy using 2 300w mars in my little area. Plants have quintupled in size since I received them nearly 3 weeks ago.

Anyways, sorry for the poor pic quality!
Happy growing :)

I also just ordered the same light! I only got one due to limited space in my "renovated grow closet". It's about 2 ft by 4 ft. I plan to get a grow tent for my next grow so think I'll by another marshydro 300! Great job man! I just joined and am already learning so much! My 3 newly confirmed girls are just starting their pre flowers. They are also outside but will need to bring them in soon. Have you cloned any? I'm wondering if it's too late to clone mine or if I should buy fem seeds for the next grow, any suggestions?

I'm not sure what it was exactly that made them short and bushy, but, I will tell you that I topped them very early on, and employed supercropping on the resulting branches. I think you should research the topics as that will give you the information that inspired my actions rather than me relaying my actions to you. I'm still a noob .

I'm happy to hear that you sexed 3 females! I'd love to see them, do you have a journal or pics?

Back
Top Bottom