How many seeds per pot and do I put 2 seeds per hole? First time grower

Welcome Twon2k to 420 Magazine
Follow the link below and take that question to frequently asked questions. This is the introduction thread and how about more about you ?

Ok I have 2 blueberry big devil auto flower seeds wat is the best soil to use and light to use just starting out I really dont know anything
Hi Twon2k... Take a read of some of the threads and journals on the forum I think you will find all the information you seek in there. They have everything there divided up into sections, ex... soil growing, lighting, outdoor growing, indoor growing,Dwc growing, etc... Good luck on the grow! :)

Welcome Twon2k.
The best thing you can do is spend some time reading and studying and getting some basics about growing.
You should develop a plan , based on those basic fundamentals.
Everything you need to know , is located right here in 420.
Most of us will be happy to share our experience and help you where issues come up or w/ questions ,
but brother , you need to do some research.
Put in some work. :Namaste: :welcome: :goodluck:
Click on GROW
Go to “ How to Grow MaryJ”

Sorry @Twon2k i didn't mean to leave ya hanging. I am cleaning for a BBQ today. @SenoirMoments said it best. Start searching the site. Type in " best soil..." And you will find a ton of info; maybe too much. Most use Happy Frog or equivalent for soil. Lights? Variables like budget and how big your grow will be, play a deciding factor. MarsHydro is a site sponsor and has great looking lights for the price. BudgetLED is another that have great lights for the price.
Stick to one seed per pot and if they aren't at least 2-3 gal, plan on transplanting in the near future to keep your plants healthy with good root mass and soil to feed them. :) ...again, sorry to welcome you and just flat out skip answering any questions. The wife was calling. ;)

Ok I have 2 blueberry big devil auto flower seeds wat is the best soil to use and light to use just starting out I really dont know anything
Reading journals as suggested will help immensely but quick answer I use promix hp soil because it is easily available local and not a ridiculous price although not cheap but the light I suggest you get something quality and powerful as it will directly give you denser buds and tighter formation both good things, I would also recommend using one of the sponsors. Personally I am using 2 Mars TSL-2000's side by side in a 4x4 tent and I love them.

I have just mentioned what I do but all methods can be made to work for different peoples grow style, just plant in a small/medium pot and try keep an eye on the holes in that pot as you have an auto I would recommend putting her in her final large pot at first signs of roots, this is only because people find it helps give a smooth grow reducing the root shock of transplant. Other then that just have fun and always pick up the pot to feel for weight in order to tell if it needs water or not, let her get nice and dry in between water

Sorry @Twon2k i didn't mean to leave ya hanging. I am cleaning for a BBQ today. @SenoirMoments said it best. Start searching the site. Type in " best soil..." And you will find a ton of info; maybe too much. Most use Happy Frog or equivalent for soil. Lights? Variables like budget and how big your grow will be, play a deciding factor. MarsHydro is a site sponsor and has great looking lights for the price. BudgetLED is another that have great lights for the price.
Stick to one seed per pot and if they aren't at least 2-3 gal, plan on transplanting in the near future to keep your plants healthy with good root mass and soil to feed them. :) ...again, sorry to welcome you and just flat out skip answering any questions. The wife was calling. ;)
Thanks so much just became a member and already I feel the love from everyone thanks and enjoy your bbq

Hey Twon2k,

welcome to the forums at 420. Water..... water is critical but most newbies make 2 mistakes. We water too much at one time.... and we water too often... both are bad. Never water a wet plant, never water a wet soil. Don’t just water every day or every other day or every 2 days wait for the seedling or plant to show it’s thirsty. Now obviously we’ve got to take special care of a seedling so don’t go overboard but study up and know that if for some reason these don't make it - we will help you with the next round too...!

pull up a chair and stay a while

:welcome: to :420:.

Pull up your favourite chair, roll a fat one & start reading 'n' researching

Most will say starting in soil is the more forgiving method of growing when compared to forms of hydroponics & inert growing mediums which may well require daily attention.

Being a new grower daily attention is going to happen :thumb:

1. Choose what you want to grow in & explore that path.

2. Correct growing conditions need to be dialled in this will include temperature lights on / off along with RH relative humidity also air flow.

Welcome.

What everyone is saying. Research, read, research and read some more. Don't be afraid to make notes.

My first plant worked out but I already had experience growing flowers and other plants in pots. I then researched the specifics of growing Marijuana inside the house, using lights and not the sun, and watering on a schedule versus waiting for it to rain. Before I planted the next seed I spent 2-3 hours a day, every day, for 3 weeks reading and re-reading. I had already spent 15 hours researching/reading and looking at photos so I could tell a male plant from a female while growing the first plant.

While some of the group here might think it is wrong, I spent time reading and researching on other message boards and other peoples personal web pages. And including some time reading general gardening articles just to refresh my memory on what the various elements in fertilizers do and so on and on.

Back to your original question. It is One Plant Per Container except for some special growing set-up or arrangement. It will be easier to plant the one seed per pot. As a grower we could put more than one per container but it is a lot more work for us. Eventually we would have to transplant all those seedlings, one at a time to a different container and it is much, much easier to start off with one seed per container. Sure beats trying to separate each seedling and its roots from the other.

Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom