How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate the help. Well, this is my first grow and i know something would happen. I would just like to learn it first hand and see what would happen. As for the calmag, im definitely planning on getting some and having the calculations for the nutes to be correct cause i aint fooling around anymore.

Btw, here she is now and i just pH'd water her with her first nutes! (Gh trio)
1e2007abdd482b529d34ebfe2a565084.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate the help. Well, this is my first grow and i know something would happen. I would just like to learn it first hand and see what would happen. As for the calmag, im definitely planning on getting some and having the calculations for the nutes to be correct cause i aint fooling around anymore.

Btw, here she is now and i just pH'd water her with her first nutes! (Gh trio)
1e2007abdd482b529d34ebfe2a565084.jpg

Looks good it's fun you'll see .

Addictive /therapeutic ..

Start at 1/4 what ever your nutrient box calls for right from day one . Then every week bring that ppm up essentially to a peak point breaking point/burn . We need to push in order to learn to see a def so this is something I going to to do to one of my plants is up nutes to see where I can go with her. Then log this noted stick it in head. Indica they all grow more or less the same just give them love proper environment and some trisnk g and defoiling as it grows a you can let it grow a bit then remove stuff any dumb leaves that are blocking sites you want . It can get out of control if not careful please lord trust me .
For us with slower learning iqs come play over in the kings thread. Let's share it praise it practice it. Let s go ..

Cultivator has great info this is a hot seat for ya .

Great tutorials ...

Hey cult,

Do you find when you initiate flowering that you reduce the amount of water you give the plants.
I was giving 3ltrs a day in 20ltr fabric pots up until switching to 12/12, now I'm giving 2ltrs and the pots are still very wet. I've also experienced this on previous grows.
Is this something you've experienced?

No I normally increase volume. It could be with the less hours light so its not as warm as long so evaporation is less. I give less in veg then bump its up. That first 2 weeks of flower a lot is happening in the root zone, make sure you sup[plement mycorrhizae and root stimulators art this point as roots are putting a lot of effort in.

Temps has dropped, it's around 20 degrees in the tent at the moment, which I'll try to increase a little.
Im following your schedule, which I'm not having to deviate to much with the strain I'm growing, plants are looking good.

Hey Cult, what’s the best way to use the Great White with the flood and drain? Should I be putting the powder straight into the res or onto the roots?

Hi Cultivator
When I started I was a bit sceptical about giving the girls such a high PPM/EC every day but I have been following your feed schedule and feeding twice a day. We are in week 3 veg and the growth has been explosive :)
Thank you!

I have a couple of questions about replacements for some of the products you use:

Growth: I am matching every product except AN Micro Grow Bloom (I use GHE 3 part feed)

Flower: The Great White mycorrhizae 1scoop/10 litres - in veg you say when repotting but in weeks 1 & 2 of flower do you give every feed or once per week? Also we discussed whether the local version I use can be mixed with nutes (I tried and it cannot as it collects on the surface) and I will be using a liquid mycorrhizae that can be mixed with nutes.

My regular flower nutes are also GHE 3 part and I use GHE Bio Bloom (bloom activator/booster) from switch to 12/12 up until the last 3 weeks. I also use a GHE product called Ripen (0-6-5 npk) . I would like to keep using the GHE nutes as they work well for me and are readily available locally. I intend to add the mycorrhizae, voodoo juice & Roots Excellurator but wanted to ask you about the other products in your flowering feed that I cannot get here. Could you please recommend alternatives (or maybe I am duplicating one or more of the products you use with the above GHE stuff)? The products I cannot get are:
Buddhas Tree Flower Burst (looks to be the same thing as GHE Bio Bloom so am assuming I don't need it?)
Buddhas Tree PK (the same as GHE's Ripen? With plants that have a 10 week flower period, I give ripen on week 8 for 10 days, then flush and plain water until harvest).
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost I have read about this and am still not sure if I need it - although it is not locally obtainable here. Can I skip it or is there a replacement that is worth using?
Plagron Green Sensation Again, have read up on this but am not sure if I need this (and I can't get it here anyway). Why the use of more than one PK booster?

I thought I knew how to grow in Coco and I have always got great results. I can see now though that full-strength feed (although I keep to 1.5 ec max during growth as any higher and my plants suffer nute burn) given 2-3 times a day really have made a difference in the speed of growth :)

Hey Cult, what’s the best way to use the Great White with the flood and drain? Should I be putting the powder straight into the res or onto the roots?

Put it on the roots, it will just make your res gunky and sink to the bottom. You could top feed the great white, mixed with carboload and voodoo juice. Powerful mix. Id take a bucket or 2 from your main res and add the ingredients then just top feed with that. It won't gunk up res that way but it means you don't have to have a separate mix either, if that makes sense.

Hi Cultivator
When I started I was a bit sceptical about giving the girls such a high PPM/EC every day but I have been following your feed schedule and feeding twice a day. We are in week 3 veg and the growth has been explosive :)
Thank you!

I have a couple of questions about replacements for some of the products you use:

Growth: I am matching every product except AN Micro Grow Bloom (I use GHE 3 part feed)

Flower: The Great White mycorrhizae 1scoop/10 litres - in veg you say when repotting but in weeks 1 & 2 of flower do you give every feed or once per week? Also we discussed whether the local version I use can be mixed with nutes (I tried and it cannot as it collects on the surface) and I will be using a liquid mycorrhizae that can be mixed with nutes.

My regular flower nutes are also GHE 3 part and I use GHE Bio Bloom (bloom activator/booster) from switch to 12/12 up until the last 3 weeks. I also use a GHE product called Ripen (0-6-5 npk) . I would like to keep using the GHE nutes as they work well for me and are readily available locally. I intend to add the mycorrhizae, voodoo juice & Roots Excellurator but wanted to ask you about the other products in your flowering feed that I cannot get here. Could you please recommend alternatives (or maybe I am duplicating one or more of the products you use with the above GHE stuff)? The products I cannot get are:
Buddhas Tree Flower Burst (looks to be the same thing as GHE Bio Bloom so am assuming I don't need it?)
Buddhas Tree PK (the same as GHE's Ripen? With plants that have a 10 week flower period, I give ripen on week 8 for 10 days, then flush and plain water until harvest).
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost I have read about this and am still not sure if I need it - although it is not locally obtainable here. Can I skip it or is there a replacement that is worth using?
Plagron Green Sensation Again, have read up on this but am not sure if I need this (and I can't get it here anyway). Why the use of more than one PK booster?

I thought I knew how to grow in Coco and I have always got great results. I can see now though that full-strength feed (although I keep to 1.5 ec max during growth as any higher and my plants suffer nute burn) given 2-3 times a day really have made a difference in the speed of growth :)

I feed myco's once per week now up til week 6. I used to do it every day first 2 weeks flower but roots actually become so big that its a negative and plants just become giant root balls that are really difficult to feed, Im finding over my past few grows doing it once weekly and adding carboload or similar is having a better result. It keeps roots super healthy but doesn't over do it, too much of anything is bad.

Flower burst is a bud stimulator, its used to help initiate flower. the best comparison I can give to that is Bud Ignitor by AN.

Buddhas Tree is a PK boost used from end week 3 til flush or for the mid part of flower cycle.
The metaboost is more to speed up the metabolism of the plant and again support root health, when combined with PK it really is spectacular. It gives such a boost to quality and the PK boosts the yield and bud size.

The Plagron green sensation is basically a combination of pk and metaboost kind of and can be used in place of the the buddhas tree products or I used to switch tio use it towards the end of flowering.

Remember if you have fully read page 1 that I said the schedule is a guide only and following will definitely get you through a grow with adequate to great results depending on if you have an adequate set up, ie good light and airflow. The recipe would not be suitable for anyone growing using less than 600w (real 600w not pretend led numbers) per m2, it won't be optimal. As a more experienced grower you can play around with it to suit your needs. Id sum it up like this in priority, quality base nutrient is a must, mycorrhizae is a must plus other beneficial fungi or bacteria, a good root stem and a good p/k supplement. Thats the main mix, everything else can be played with and tweaked for strains and different set ups.

One thing is for certain, coco much prefers multiple feeds daily. It will super charge growth and growing this way you can push the strength of nutes. Its a bad idea to feed with higher strengths if you feed only a little each day or even every other day which is worse or if following a soil like schedule like, feed feed water repeat. Coco is hydroponics and should be treat as such.

Hope this helps.

Put it on the roots, it will just make your res gunky and sink to the bottom. You could top feed the great white, mixed with carboload and voodoo juice. Powerful mix. Id take a bucket or 2 from your main res and add the ingredients then just top feed with that. It won't gunk up res that way but it means you don't have to have a separate mix either, if that makes sense.

Yeah that makes perfect sense, thanks. I’m going to veg for another week, had some issues when I topped them. Do you think I should add a 3rd feed per day or wait til they flip?

@dauzer,
May I ask what your solution temps are?
Just curious with the three lights in the same room over exposed solution. Guess your room must maintain a constant temp.

Thanks
GR

@dauzer,
May I ask what your solution temps are?
Just curious with the three lights in the same room over exposed solution. Guess your room must maintain a constant temp.

Thanks
GR

My res is outside the tent, the brain bucket sits inside but only fills and empties during feeds. My res temp stays between 18 - 19 degrees. I don’t use chillers or heaters. The tent temp averages 24 and spikes to 27 degrees. I have an SMScom to control the outtake which keeps things pretty constant.

Those are good temps.
I was just concerned with that open container below the lights.
I ran into this when I tried using Blumats and had my rez in the tent. Even though the rez was above the lights it would still heat up during the lights on cycles.
Looking good, keep up the good work..

GR

Those are good temps.
I was just concerned with that open container below the lights.
I ran into this when I tried using Blumats and had my rez in the tent. Even though the rez was above the lights it would still heat up during the lights on cycles.
Looking good, keep up the good work..

GR

Oh sorry, the open container is just plain water with a mist maker. It’s keeping the humidity around 55%. I have the 200l res just outside the tent and pipes running into the brain. I would imagine having the res inside would defo cause some temp problems. On my last grow I had the exhaust vented into the house. That was keeping my res at about 22 degrees so I was forced to use frozen bottles of water. This time I vented it up a chimney out of the house and temps have been perfect.

Hope this helps.

Yes it has helped tremendously. Thanks!

I see from your feed schedule that you feed bloom nutes from day 1 of 12/12. I have done side-by-side grows feeding half the plants bloom nutes from day 1 of 12/12 and the other half when first pistils appears (7-14 days usually). I have only done two of this type of comparison grows and saw no difference in final yield. I am very interested in your thoughts/reasoning behind feeding bloom nutes from day 1 of 12/12 as opposed to when pistils appear.

Back
Top Bottom