Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

You need a good pair of welders glass's or a pair of brazier glass's
They have a green tint to them and will help you when working in and around your lights without hurting your eyes. Check your local hardware store or TSC or something like that.

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

great vid Ice.

Question

are you using some of pre programed light schedule that came with the light, or are you using your own?

what is the total draw per light when maxed out?

You mentioned Colloidal Silver for making fem seeds.
Have you ever heard of or tried tiresias mist? made by drtsremedies.com
it is some sort of mineral concoction.

I am using it right now and the two plants I am using it on are loaded with pollen sacs.
I am surprised however I am in the 5th week of flowering and they haven't opened up to release the pollen yet.

I am using it on my legendary White Widow and a Cheese that some people say is as good as my WW. I don't think it is, but it is still very very good.
And of course I will try to cross pollinate to make WW x Ch

I'll try to keep you in the loop on the outcome.

So the quart size Amaze, PGR should do. What feeding schedule do you use, 10 days? Does the foliar feed replace or in addition to normal feed? I greatly appreciate you time and consideration. I'll be retiring to Florida soon and in anticipation that they make mmj legal next year, I would like to replace all these meds (Oxy), doctors, mri's, epidural injections, radio frequency ablations, cream... the whole pain industry with my own, home grown gift from God.

Yeah the quart size is the ones I have, and should last a few grows. I don't have a "feeding schedule" but spray the plants about every 5 days...alternating between the T and J and "the lab" sprays.

Foliar feeding doesn't really replace normal feeding but more is like a boost to the plant metabolism in a way (with the right sprays). I believe my 3rd or 4th grow go over a lot of this information as well as some of Docbud's journals (earlier ones). Its kind of like if you think of your plant like an engine...by using the right foliar sprays you are adding a supercharger to the engine. I hope for your sake that Florida passes it, I think I just read a few weeks ago they put it up for congress. I too believe MMJ is a versatile plant that has so many uses! I even drink hemp seed shakes because they are loaded with protein, fiber and omega's in the right balances.

Be careful IceMud, better safe than sorry!
Great video!:thumb:

You need a good pair of welders glass's or a pair of brazier glass's
They have a green tint to them and will help you when working in and around your lights without hurting your eyes. Check your local hardware store or TSC or something like that.

Yeah I think I will be fine... I doubt that my lights are any more damaging than the actual sun here in Socal. I know on bright sunny days, I can't even go outside without sunglasses because it makes my eyes burn (I think this may be a byproduct of having light colored eyes). I probably slightly ruined them when I was young because I was fascinated with UV lighting and always had one in my bedroom when I was young (hmmm) young stoner in the making :) LOL and then worked as a haunted house character for my 1st job which entailed standing for long 4 hour shifts in a "scene" with blacklights blaring in my eyes... I'm sure this probably helped increase my eye sensitivity to light...

great vid Ice.

Question

are you using some of pre programed light schedule that came with the light, or are you using your own?

what is the total draw per light when maxed out?

You mentioned Colloidal Silver for making fem seeds.
Have you ever heard of or tried tiresias mist? made by drtsremedies.com
it is some sort of mineral concoction.

I am using it right now and the two plants I am using it on are loaded with pollen sacs.
I am surprised however I am in the 5th week of flowering and they haven't opened up to release the pollen yet.

I am using it on my legendary White Widow and a Cheese that some people say is as good as my WW. I don't think it is, but it is still very very good.
And of course I will try to cross pollinate to make WW x Ch

I'll try to keep you in the loop on the outcome.

Hey Hash Hound.... I am using the "veg" custom schedule that was provided with the lights and by the company. So far I am very happy with the schedule and the plants are responding well. I may try next run to slightly lower the amount of "red" in the bloom schedule because it seems these plants might be slightly stretchy due to the abundance of "red" in the spectrum, but I have never grown these strains either so it may be genetics as well.

The total draw of these lights is listed on page 1 of this journal, but I believe they were at 169w and 179w or somewhere around there.

Never heard of tiresias mist, but I picked up a bottle of 50ppm collidal silver and will be using that for the breeding project. Never done it before so if you have, I definitely would love for you to help out.

Do you put your "future males" in flower with your females at the same time? Which one do you put into flowering first?

hey IceMud

Neat lights! Somehow I missed your new journal. I skimmed through the journal, but didn't see what you decided on the timers and the LEDs getting power all the time. Did it work to put the controller on a timer? I like that they can simulate a normal daily cycle. That's cool!

hey IceMud

Neat lights! Somehow I missed your new journal. I skimmed through the journal, but didn't see what you decided on the timers and the LEDs getting power all the time. Did it work to put the controller on a timer? I like that they can simulate a normal daily cycle. That's cool!

Hey Hiker!!! Glad to have ya here! I actually put the lights on a digital timer, but also I am using the program controller that came with the lights. I put the digital timer on 1 hour before the lights come on, and have it turning off 1 hour after the lights turn off, which then cuts the power completely for 4 of the 6 hours of the dark period.

Can you program the controller to run through one of it's simulation cycles in less than 24 hours?

If you put it on a timer, when it wakes up, how will it know what to do? Does it have an actual clock so you set it up to come on at 2PM, or whatever?

I guess I'm unclear how this feature works. Maybe I should go lookup their website.

:blalol:

Edit: OK I read their site. I get it now

Did you ask them about that current draw during "off"? Seems like a bug in the circuit. I'm curious what the vendor's response about this is.

I've never been able to reconcile moonlight in my own mind. I'm super paranoid about having total darkness during flowering after some bad experience. I have Al tape over every LED in my flowering room. Yes, even the green ones! :blalol: I know there is moonlight in the "real world". A full moon is very bright, and there are at least 2 during a flowering cycle. Anyway, that's an interesting issue you discovered with the lights and I'd like to know what the vendor said about it. I've never looked up the spectrum of moonlight, maybe it's a dim red light and they are simulating that?

I've never been able to reconcile moonlight in my own mind. I'm super paranoid about having total darkness during flowering after some bad experience. I have Al tape over every LED in my flowering room. Yes, even the green ones! :blalol: I know there is moonlight in the "real world". A full moon is very bright, and there are at least 2 during a flowering cycle. Anyway, that's an interesting issue you discovered with the lights and I'd like to know what the vendor said about it. I've never looked up the spectrum of moonlight, maybe it's a dim red light and they are simulating that?

The brightest full moon is 500,000 times less bright than the midday sun.

thanks CH :thumb:

how bright is the Sun? :rofl:

I'm only asking about it because of the issue Icemud was having with some of the LEDs not turning off completely. I think we are both a little concerned that could interfere with flowering, but maybe Icemud isn't as concerned as I would be. His motive may have been more related to the power draw?

The real question is wether or not this was intentional. If not, are they going to fix it?

100,000 lux (lumens/sq. m.) or ~10,000 lumens/sq. ft.

I would be concerned too Hiker if there was any artificial light in a flowering chamber during lights off.

Icemud, do those LEDs that do stay on slowly fade away over time or are they on all the time? Could it be some erroneous data left in the program that is illuminating some diodes when the others are off?

Never heard of tiresias mist, but I picked up a bottle of 50ppm collidal silver and will be using that for the breeding project. Never done it before so if you have, I definitely would love for you to help out.

Do you put your "future males" in flower with your females at the same time? Which one do you put into flowering first?

I have never done the fem seed thing before. It is all new to me.

I have pollinated a few plants a while back in my early growing.
I wanted to try Querkle and all they had was reg seeds, so I bought 5 and all turned out male.
I collected pollen from one and studded up the lades in the flower room at the time.
So I have seeds of Cream Carmel x Q, AK47 x Q, and Aphrodita x Q.
I have grown the CCxQ and AKxQ and they are great. My friend grew the CCxQ and AphxQ out door and both were some intense smoke.
I also kept some of the pollen and the next grow I pollinated my legendary WW, but it only produced 8 seeds.
I have grown that out also and it is great. I have one of those in the flower room now.

Normally all I do is sprout the plants then they are off to the growers rooms to be taken care of.
SO
getting to what I'm trying now.
I have 2 WW and 2 Cheese clones in the small closet I use and sprayed one of each with the tiresias mist.
as soon as they started showing balls, I figured I had to seperate them so I actually have the WW's in a hamper with 2 CFL and the 2 Cheese in the closet.
FST1_hamp_2.jpg

I have a tray under the shemales to catch pollen and will let the other 2 clones get direct hits from the plants.
I am a little concerned though they are in 5th week 12/12 and the pods look like they are starting to open. but I don't see any pollen on the trays yet. Although we are approaching full moon. I bet they bust a nut any day now. That's a Bubba Kush clone in the background. She is about 8 inches tall now showing hairs, so she'll get some pollen also.
FST1_Ch_2_both.jpg

I also have 2 WW and 1 Ch and 1 WWQ at the flower room. They are 3 weeks behind mine. I hope to pollinate a branch of each plant with each of the two pollens.

This all came about to try to keep the WW strain. I can get clones of her, but I want seeds to assure I have the strain preserved. And a bunch of awesome crosses.

Sorry for the lengthy response.
2 hits of the Cheese has me zoned. It's taken me 45 minutes to post this, lol change that to an hour.

Hi my name is Hash Hound and I am a proof-read-aholic

Can you program the controller to run through one of it's simulation cycles in less than 24 hours?

If you put it on a timer, when it wakes up, how will it know what to do? Does it have an actual clock so you set it up to come on at 2PM, or whatever?

I guess I'm unclear how this feature works. Maybe I should go lookup their website.

:blalol:

Edit: OK I read their site. I get it now

Did you ask them about that current draw during "off"? Seems like a bug in the circuit. I'm curious what the vendor's response about this is.

I hope you answered your questions regarding the controller, but I will answer them anyways in case anyone else is curious.

The custom mode on the controller is set up into 24 hour segments, each representing 1 hour of the day.

In each of these "segments" you can decided to turn each of the 3 channels from 0% to 100% intensity.

The clock is set in military time.

So how mine is set up is on the recommended veg cycle on the website. Its like this...

From hour 0:00 to 5:00 the intensity's are set at 0%, on hour 6:00, the intensities are set to 25%, 35%, 15%, (grow, veg, bloom) and they increase from this hour all the way until mid day when they hit 100%, 100%, 100%. Then they start to slowly dim according to the recommended channel settings on the website. When the controller clock reaches hour 24:00 the lights are completely at 0% on all 3 channels.

I never saw any point to moonlight in my grow because I also would be afraid of hermies, especially in flowering. I mean I know the moon has influence on plants, but I think it has more to do with gravitational pull and other things and not just the light itself. I will have to look into it further to see what I can dig up because I haven't really looked for info on that area, but it would be interesting to know if there is any benefit to our favorite plants.

I am paranoid of any light in my tent and on my 1st grow had some hermie issues I couldn't understand, and I figured out it was the red light on the power strip that was in my tent causing it, so I taped it up and haven't had issues since. I even taped up my humidifier screen display when I used to put it in my tent (even though it was green) because I didn't want any night interruptions.

I fixed the issue with the dim red lights by just putting the lights on an external timer (digital) and set it to turn on 1 hour before and after my daylight period, plus it reduces any power usage/draw during dark period.

thanks CH :thumb:

how bright is the Sun? :rofl:

I'm only asking about it because of the issue Icemud was having with some of the LEDs not turning off completely. I think we are both a little concerned that could interfere with flowering, but maybe Icemud isn't as concerned as I would be. His motive may have been more related to the power draw?

The real question is wether or not this was intentional. If not, are they going to fix it?

I would have to let the vendor answer that one, but I found a solution with a digital timer. I definitely don't like any light in the tent (mentioned in previous comment) and so I just played it safe and have the digital timer cut the power during the dark cycle.

100,000 lux (lumens/sq. m.) or ~10,000 lumens/sq. ft.

I would be concerned too Hiker if there was any artificial light in a flowering chamber during lights off.

Icemud, do those LEDs that do stay on slowly fade away over time or are they on all the time? Could it be some erroneous data left in the program that is illuminating some diodes when the others are off?

The LED's stay illuminated while the unit is "hot" meaning plugged directly into the wall, or the current through it is live. They do not go out completely unless the power to the unit is cut completely. I checked the controller and all channels are at 0%. Its not an issue though because I put a digital timer on the lights to just cut the power when they are not being used.

Hey everyone, I took a few photos of the girls the other night after the lights went out. I gave them a foliar spray so the wetness is from that.

Here they are!!

DSC088131.JPG
DSC088141.JPG
DSC088151.JPG
DSC088161.JPG
DSC088171.JPG
DSC088181.JPG
DSC088191.JPG

Nobody sounds to concerned about the led not totally powering off. I don't like the idea that they don't completely shut down. power off should be power off if you get my drift. what does DD have to say about this? Anyway your girls look very happy. :thumb::peace:

Dave did comment about the power not being totally of in the beginning of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom