Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

i actually just sort of did that on my own i dont have the intelligent led but i was running a 13/11 flower i just cut back the light in the flower room to 12.5/11.5 to simulate end of the season and in a week or so i will cut it down again to 12/12 it was something i just wanted to try out and so far its worked for me quite well but these new intelligent led lights have me very interested leds have come a long way im happy i jumped in when i did ill stand behind my leds all day and so will my plants

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

We have been investigating this issue for past two weeks. Today we sorted it all out. We had found a few with this issues and traced it back to the power supply pack. We have now fixed this issue as it has been a concern for some. Thank You

You might be right. I did answer that one. however I didnt psot the answer in every journal as this kind of appears like I am spamming(well someone complained to 420 because I posted same answer in all three threads once before.. it was suggested I just avoid that in the future.)

Anyways..
Yes this panel has eletronics inside only way for me this technology to be integrated with the panel. Each module has 3 channels and works in conjunction with the controller sending information. This llows the controller to know if the light is at 0% or 100%. Therefore, for everyone one of my panels there is an approximate 3w draw per module. so a 114w = 3w standby power draw, 228 =6w and so on..

This has nothing to do with the light staying a little lit or not. You be surprised at how many of the electronics in your house has a standy power draw.. nearly all of them!

However, the controller does hold a little reserve power that enables the controller to be turned off using the timer as Icemud has mentioned. So if you do not want that tiny minuscule amount of energy to be wasted then you can use a timer. I been good at accommodating issues but...NO I can not include a timer inside each box for free...it wont fit! I do not see a good enough reason to justify the expense considering the amount of energy savings that takes place using the panel with controller.

Thanks for responding Dave. So am I understanding correctly that you found a "bug" causing some of the LEDs to still be on, albeit dimly, when the channel is set to 0%, and that you have fixed it?

My concern was not the power issue. It's entirely related to the desire for an absolutely dark flowering room during lights out. If this is resolved, that was really my only concern. Thanks :Namaste:

By custom built im referring to choosing which spectrum and which nm not as in adjusting the intensity of the spectrum you are using. Thats all I was talking about. I will watch the video soon cant right now crying baby.

By custom built im referring to choosing which spectrum and which nm not as in adjusting the intensity of the spectrum you are using. Thats all I was talking about. I will watch the video soon cant right now crying baby.

I think I understand what you mean. With this light, you won't need to customize the actual LED chips... The lights are full spectrum and cover all necessary wavelength's needed for plant receptors. Here are the chip counts as posted on another thread.

PAR_Spectrum_LED_Ratio_Graph_Per_Module-Public_Version1.png

Here are the 3 different channels and their output spectrum.

DSC086154.JPG
DSC086162.JPG
DSC086172.JPG
228-spectrum2.png
228-spectrum3.png
228-spectrum1.png
228-spectrum4.png

i actually just sort of did that on my own i dont have the intelligent led but i was running a 13/11 flower i just cut back the light in the flower room to 12.5/11.5 to simulate end of the season and in a week or so i will cut it down again to 12/12 it was something i just wanted to try out and so far its worked for me quite well but these new intelligent led lights have me very interested leds have come a long way im happy i jumped in when i did ill stand behind my leds all day and so will my plants

Before Intelligent Gro, I did a similar thing in my flower tent. I had a Ceramic Metal Halide on 1 digital timer, and a HPS on another digital timer. I alternated the timers so that the color shift between the MH and the HPS would replicate the sun as well as sort of change intensities :) I am happy that Intelligent Gro came along and made this much easier with programmable lights!

im just on pins waiting to see the end result from these lights

Yes, it has been resolved.

Thanks for responding Dave. So am I understanding correctly that you found a "bug" causing some of the LEDs to still be on, albeit dimly, when the channel is set to 0%, and that you have fixed it?

My concern was not the power issue. It's entirely related to the desire for an absolutely dark flowering room during lights out. If this is resolved, that was really my only concern. Thanks :Namaste:

cool now we know why they were on when they suppose to be off

im just on pins waiting to see the end result from these lights

Me too!!! I'm excited because these lights so far are really growing the plants fast!!! I can't wait to try these strains as well... I love GDP and have wanted a cut forever, so happy to have it now :)

im waiting for the seeds to be available again
no wonder everyone looks for cuts of gdp females its damn easy to get males damn low percentage for a female
no cuttings available where I am you gotta luck out on a female seed

im waiting for the seeds to be available again
no wonder everyone looks for cuts of gdp females its damn easy to get males damn low percentage for a female
no cuttings available where I am you gotta luck out on a female seed

When the time comes to make seeds of GDP I will have to make a bunch since its one of my favorites!! Actually most of the strains I have have become favorites :) I've had so many people asking for seeds lately it has me thinking I should make sure that I get a ton of them when I do my self pollination project :) It will be a while down the road for the GDP but I will let you know when I have seeds if you are still looking :)

sweet :thumb:

Hi Ice, these leds sounds nice, can't wait to see what they can do.
i'm sure they'll amaze us in no time.
i wish you a nice day Ice.

E.D.

Hey everyone!! I finally put together a video showing how to set the custom settings on the Intelligent Gro lights.

Here ya go

[video=youtube_share;cjdo8Z37D6M]
[/video]

Very professional video Ice.

Hi Icemud! I am very impressed with your LEDs! Love the simulation of the sun! I can't wait to see your harvest! :bravo:

Thanks Pinky!!! I really appreciate the good vibes! So far I am very impressed with the lights and so are my plants :) I have "high" hopes for a great harvest this run :)

Back
Top Bottom