Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Hi Ice, these leds sounds nice, can't wait to see what they can do.
i'm sure they'll amaze us in no time.
i wish you a nice day Ice.

E.D.

Hey ECDriver!! Glad to have ya along for the ride!!! Should be a fun grow!!! Stay tuned for updates every few days :)

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

great vid mr ice!!! :rocker: your production skills are visibly improving every mini epic, thank you for making this vid it really needed made if you dont mind im gonna post it in my journal for subscribers not subbed here:rocker:

Hey BID!!! I still wish I knew how to do the graphic part of videos... like the smoke effect I did, I actually had a fat joint lit, a dark background and a LED flashlight shining on the smoke for the effect...LOL would be so much easier to do if I knew how to use the editing program more. I actaully am going to check out some classes on it as well as webdesign classes for this upcomming year and hopefully I will be adding a few more things to my resume :)

I'm so glad that Vegas is set up like a audio recording DAW..makes the linear editing very familiar :)

Go right ahead and post it in your journal. I feel honored it turned out that good :)

Very professional video Ice.

Thank you B A R!!! I'm getting better with each one :) finally downclocked my PC so that it can handle the processing without bluescreening :)

Great Vid Ice :thumb:

hbd-a001.png

Hey Icemud did I invite you to my journal yet? I'm kinda high so idk....

How to Make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

You got a great journal going here, and a new fan! :)

Great video once again! That is one cool light and my gearhead self starts to wanna play too. I have one set of lights arriving today and I am already dreaming of more. Those how to videos are such a help to everyone though. Thanks.

Quick update to everyone....

About 3 days ago I fed the girls a mix of T and J tea with added kelp meal and added alfalfa meal and bubbled it for 2 days.

I fed the girls since their leaves were looking a little droopy and in need of water and immediately hours later they perked up :)

I also gave them a preventative spray of SNS Spider Mite spray just to make sure that no pests try to find a home in my garden :)

I have to say the plants are growing really fast right now and will probably need a transplant as soon as mid next week. I am still trying to decide if I am going to build another v-Scrog screen to train these girls in, or if I should just grow them regular and tall. I really like the scrog screens so it may be very possible that I may go that route. Originally I was planning on using my already built v-scrog screen, but since it is still being used I don't think it will be possible. We will see :)

Other than that things are looking amazing, nice healthy leaves, fast growth. The only thing I noticed is that the internode lengths are very long (strechy) and I am not sure if it is strain related or because of too much Red in the veg spectrum. So even though not a big deal, I do prefer my plants much tighter growth so I may have to "tune down" the red on the next run.

Other than that I did a little topping of the girls yesterday and removed all main tops to help promote more branching. I also have continued to use LST and supercropping to help bush the girls out which seems to be working quite well :)

Here are today's photos..

DSC088561.JPG
DSC08857.JPG
DSC088581.JPG
DSC088591.JPG
DSC08860.JPG
DSC08861.JPG
DSC08862.JPG
DSC08863.JPG
DSC08864.JPG

I know I requested you to use the programmed schedule...however it can not be the perfect schedule for every strain. Reduce the Flower/Bloom channel in the program by 10-25% for each hour you have light on.
You all might have heard complaints that LEDS tend to produce tighter Nodes than what is generally wanted compared to what is seen from HID/HPS we balanced this out a little with our proprietary blend and channel programming. Feel free to reduce your reds a little. The point is not just to use the general setting but to get great results! If the settings need a slight adjustment use this to teach everyone how a slight adjustment can allow you to change and alter your plants growth the way you want it. Who knows maybe cutting the bloom power down to half the way more will be just perfect. Make some ajustments is all I am saying.. just make sure we all are included in with what your doing and why. I personally would love to hear you say a week or two from now that you "tweaked the Different grow channels power intensity a little to adjust the plant to grow how you wanted and it worked!" How cool would that be for everyone to see?

Point is please do not let your preferences suffer for the sake of 'following protocol" have some fun my friend...have some fun!
Quick update to everyone....

Other than that things are looking amazing, nice healthy leaves, fast growth. The only thing I noticed is that the internode lengths are very long (strechy) and I am not sure if it is strain related or because of too much Red in the veg spectrum. So even though not a big deal, I do prefer my plants much tighter growth so I may have to "tune down" the red on the next run.

Other than that I did a little topping of the girls yesterday and removed all main tops to help promote more branching. I also have continued to use LST and supercropping to help bush the girls out which seems to be working quite well :)

Icemud, looking great! How old are the girls now?

I'm not exactly sure since I rarely count the "veg" days, I only really count when I flip to 12/12 but if I were to estimate, Ive had them under these lights for about 25 days, and they were under my other LED's for about 10-20 days, so I would say they are about 2 months old from clone transplant. give or take a week.

I know I requested you to use the programmed schedule...however it can not be the perfect schedule for every strain. Reduce the Flower/Bloom channel in the program by 10-25% for each hour you have light on.
You all might have heard complaints that LEDS tend to produce tighter Nodes than what is generally wanted compared to what is seen from HID/HPS we balanced this out a little with our proprietary blend and channel programming. Feel free to reduce your reds a little. The point is not just to use the general setting but to get great results! If the settings need a slight adjustment use this to teach everyone how a slight adjustment can allow you to change and alter your plants growth the way you want it. Who knows maybe cutting the bloom power down to half the way more will be just perfect. Make some ajustments is all I am saying.. just make sure we all are included in with what your doing and why. I personally would love to hear you say a week or two from now that you "tweaked the Different grow channels power intensity a little to adjust the plant to grow how you wanted and it worked!" How cool would that be for everyone to see?

Point is please do not let your preferences suffer for the sake of 'following protocol" have some fun my friend...have some fun!

That's a great idea Danky David!!! I wanted to follow the recommended settings to overall give a "standard" in the lighting schedule so that I can go off from there, but now that they have vegged for about a month, I think it may be a great "experiment" to tune down the reds and see if the nodes tighten up. When I do this I will post the settings that I chose, but most likely I will reduce the "bloom" channel by 25-50% and leave the others alone.

Either way I have to say with the recommended schedule, they plants are growing very fast....Much faster than my other LED's in veg!! I honestly was not expecting them to get as big as they did in this short of time :) Intelligent is the only way to grow!!! :)

Great Update there Ice and keep the info coming :thumb:

Great Update there Ice and keep the info coming :thumb:

Thanks Cronic!!!! Definitely will keep the updates coming :)

Icemud, as usual, a beautiful display and great writeup. What size pots are they in presently and going to end up in? :)

Hey Dr Ziggy!!! Thank you so much for the kind words!! They currently are in 2 gallon round plastics and will be going into 5 gallon square pots.

DankyDavid

is it possible for the chip running the board to be programmed to show a usage category what would show watts used so far that day, week, total veg time usage, total flowering weeks usage and total start to finish?

I guess one of those plug in watt misers can do it, but if it is just a matter of programming something, it shouldn't be that difficult or cost anything.

@DankyDavid, I was currious; while running my 114 for 2 weeks now on my babies if there was a reason that you decided to make the lights with only 1 custom channel. Things like cloudy day, moonlight, and sunny days are cool. But it would be more practical (for me at least) to allow those other channels to be custom as well. That way you could have an early veg late veg setting as well as early bloom and late bloom settings. You could always post the presets on the website and let the users adjust as they prefer. Just a thought, what do the rest of you think?

@DankyDavid, I was currious; while running my 114 for 2 weeks now on my babies if there was a reason that you decided to make the lights with only 1 custom channel. Things like cloudy day, moonlight, and sunny days are cool. But it would be more practical (for me at least) to allow those other channels to be custom as well. That way you could have an early veg late veg setting as well as early bloom and late bloom settings. You could always post the presets on the website and let the users adjust as they prefer. Just a thought, what do the test of you think?

Companies usually dont like to let you know specific spectrums as that is their proprietary numbers and most people would make their own or use better quality diodes from another company with their spectrums.

Back
Top Bottom