I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

I think it will be very difficult trying to produce 1lb in a 5 gallon pot. The bigger the root, the bigger the fruit.
Not impossible but very difficult.
i can get bigger pots, i just currently have 5 gallon airpots in my storage, i also have a small tent.

1 lb plant is my goal, but i know it may not be my reality. i want to be able to maximize what i have, with the flower tent i have while staying legal with the two flowering plants.
when i have things dialed in ill get a bigger tent

My biggest question is are u an experienced grower

That's the biggest factor here

nope second grow, first grow i got 3 zs dried off of two plants, but i had some bug problems and also wasnt sure how big the plants needed to be to get a decent yield.
i mainlined the first grow as well, stressed the plants, overwatered alot, nute burned and harvested probably about a week early
i dont think im a master or anythjng, but the plants i have now look a whole lot better than the first time around

10gal pot , scrog her out keep doing what your doing And you'll hit 1lb. No prob. :ganjamon::passitleft::cough::420:
yeah when i saw how big the 10gallon smart pot was i was like, yeah, this is big enough to grow a tree lol

how many bud sites should i shoot for while fluxing/or scrogging?

if i started flowering today i would have 24 main colas coming up

My advice is focus on quality healthy plants

Large yields will come over time

2-4oz per plant is a great start
But puting all this time into one or two plants in 10gal pots to watch them burn, wilt, or worse, is never fun

Good luck

Scrogging makes you get all tops lots of em but yes a scrog takes time and patients lots of patients and grooming to keep the light hitting all them bud sites. Here is a pic the other day of my 2.5x5 scrog week 1 day 1 12-12. :rollit::ganjamon::Namaste::goodluck:

Oh and like chris said make sure all your shit is in check . Temps, air circulation, ph, rh, you for sure don't want bugs of Any sort while scrogging. I once had spider mites and its not any fun with scrog.

Scrogging makes you get all tops lots of em but yes a scrog takes time and patients lots of patients and grooming to keep the light hitting all them bud sites. Here is a pic the other day of my 2.5x5 scrog week 1 day 1 12-12. :rollit::ganjamon::Namaste::goodluck:

nice thats an awesome picture, thats what i want my tent to look like, its only 2.5 x 2.5 feet though lol. but yeah i want to learn how to get a nice flat canopy spreading the wntire tent

Oh and like chris said make sure all your shit is in check . Temps, air circulation, ph, rh, you for sure don't want bugs of Any sort while scrogging. I once had spider mites and its not any fun with scrog.

my first grow i had bugs, i had fungus gnats and i think root aphids. i have been giving the plants a neem spray every week, and before i planted the soil plants i put all my soil in a container and mixed in water with a mosquito dunk and also water with botanigard es over the course of a month or so. i also amended the soil with some stuff as well
so i already have, botanigard es, pyrethrum, microbe lift and a bottle of spinosad concentrate ready to go if i see any bugs lol

the plants are all 40-41 days old, the gg plant is in a 3 gallon airpot, the white rhinos are in 1 gallon fabric smart pots, i have two 5 gallon airpots i can use if needed, how big of a plant can i grow in the 3 gallon airpot? has anyone grown close to a 1 lb monster in a 3 gallon? or would it be better to uppot to 5 gallon?
i am kicking myself in the ass for not going straight to 5 gal from the start now with all the training
The biggest monster I could grow in a 3 gallon super Roots air pot was a yield just shy of 12 oz. I have to say, I really regretted not putting that plant in a 5 gallon or a 7 gallon air pot because it did show signs of being root bound. It was a very big plant with a whole bunch of roots packed in a small 3 gallon air pot. I believe it would have been much happier with more yield in a few more gallons.

The biggest monster I could grow in a 3 gallon super Roots air pot was a yield just shy of 12 oz. I have to say, I really regretted not putting that plant in a 5 gallon or a 7 gallon air pot because it did show signs of being root bound. It was a very big plant with a whole bunch of roots packed in a small 3 gallon air pot. I believe it would have been much happier with more yield in a few more gallons.
nice thats what i want to hear!! so i would hope if i put it in a 10gallon it would be huge and at that point i would have a pretty good shot at at least 8ozs off of a plant.

on a side note i have a eye hortilux fs +uv light, how long do i use this or can i just run it on the same 18/6 cycle as my quantum board? i have read alot online but havent found a definitive answer

If your goal is over a lb from a single plant or several pounds per light, go with HPS.

do i have to acclimate my plants to a eye hortilux full spectrum with uv? or just keep it on my normal cycle with my quantum board?

do i have to acclimate my plants to a eye hortilux full spectrum with uv? or just keep it on my normal cycle with my quantum board?
Do you mean the PowerVeg series? If that’s what you’re talking about, you can use those straight away at 12” above plants (recommended height). I use those for my seedlings and small veg growth. If it’s different more advanced UV lighting you’re talking about, im probably not the right guy to ask. Built a UVA / IR custom DIY spectrum board and turned it on for 4 hours. Next day my plant had sugar leaves around colas that were burned. Flushed the plant and haven’t used the lights since, idk if it was lights or nutes, but scared me enough to not mess with UV for a while.

Do you mean the PowerVeg series? If that’s what you’re talking about, you can use those straight away at 12” above plants (recommended height). I use those for my seedlings and small veg growth. If it’s different more advanced UV lighting you’re talking about, im probably not the right guy to ask. Built a UVA / IR custom DIY spectrum board and turned it on for 4 hours. Next day my plant had sugar leaves around colas that were burned. Flushed the plant and haven’t used the lights since, idk if it was lights or nutes, but scared me enough to not mess with UV for a while.

its a eye hortilux powerveg full spectrum+uv 28watt cfl.
my local hydro shop guys said it is a good light for uv, this is the spectrum

Back
Top Bottom