I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

I’d skip the PowerVeg bulb and just use what you have. That’s not going to contribute to any weight at all, or really do much of anything in this use case.

i already have it, my wuantum board has no uv light in it at all, so i wasjist trying to add a little bit
i ran it the entire 18hrs yesterday hanging on the side of the tent like in tge picture i posted, and i have noticed the white rhino plant right under it has some super thick leathery fan leaves on the side the powerveg is on.
also notcied two of the fans onthe gg4 is leathery on the side the powerveg is on

Eye hortilux/power veg is a good lamp, can't go wrong there....

It's possible with a ten gallon, and that strain. I think grower skills will be the deciding factor. Sounds like you're being preventative with the bugs. In soil I'm a big fan of using mosquito dunks and systemically feeding neem. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

I'd recommend you do some super cropping to build those nutrient super highways. And, run her dry as often as possible to build strong roots.

Great grow this should be in a "how to" section Great method growing - I admire folks that grow like this mainlining & scrog - too much extra time about 1 month at least Hats off to you and keep it coming- How much time from seed to now ?

im not doing an exact nugbucket mainline, i just trimmed nodes until all my branches come off of two arms, im going for a spiral around the stakes in the pot, it seems to me like a mini scrog?

you can kinda see the spiral i got going, basically i just want two main arms with 16 colas on each side, what do you guys think?
great plant shape (perfect)- one can tell you have put a lot of effort in to getting were you are at - Nice "baby" buds

Eye hortilux/power veg is a good lamp, can't go wrong there....

It's possible with a ten gallon, and that strain. I think grower skills will be the deciding factor. Sounds like you're being preventative with the bugs. In soil I'm a big fan of using mosquito dunks and systemically feeding neem. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

I'd recommend you do some super cropping to build those nutrient super highways. And, run her dry as often as possible to build strong roots.

yes i have been watering once a week ( on my
day off monday, and been making sure dem girls are dry at least the first few inches before i water!
the gg 4 has shitloads of roots coming out the bottom, i also have used great white root mychorhizzae as well on all 3 plants to help
i also have a tulsi plant to prevent bugs too, i learned the first time and not going through that again!

Great grow this should be in a "how to" section Great method growing - I admire folks that grow like this mainlining & scrog - too much extra time about 1 month at least Hats off to you and keep it coming- How much time from seed to now ?
i started the seeds ( they literally broke geound the 1st of january, so so far its been 43-44 days from seed

this is one of the white rhinos

white rhino 2
gg4

overhead view

tulsi basil for bug preventative

so i think the white rhinos can definitely be transplanted, but im actually going to stall on that because i am going to veg them when the gg4 flowers and i dont want them to get too big yet

going to transplant the gg4 in 2-3 weeks into the 10 gallon smart pot when i have time to clean up my veg area ( out of the tent)
i am planning on starting new plants when the rhinos go in so i can get perpetual harvest type of deal lol.
would be very nice to be able to harvest close to a lb every 8 weeks, thats my eventual goal.
i ran the eye hortilux for 3 hours this morning and now will turn it back on for a few hours tonight before lights off.
im getting “explosive” growth now, it seems every 8 hours i can see a new node and whenever i trim off a big fan leaf, another grows huge within the day.
its def a pain in the butt to be so gentle LST the plants every few days, but im getting better at knowing how far or hard i can bend the plants.
where do i super crop? the main branches or the shoots coming off of them? on my last grow i did “break” a few branches, and it healed into a nice “knuckle” on a few branches but i didnt really notice much of a difference as far as cola size ( but that couldve been due to me messing up other stuff during flowering.
im definitely not a pro or anything, but i did a little experimenting last time so now i have a better idea of what NOT TO DO lol, kinda sounds like my life haha.

yes i have been watering once a week ( on my
day off monday, and been making sure dem girls are dry at least the first few inches before i water!
the gg 4 has shitloads of roots coming out the bottom, i also have used great white root mychorhizzae as well on all 3 plants to help
i also have a tulsi plant to prevent bugs too, i learned the first time and not going through that again!
you know talked to one of green house's people and they say that they let a plant go for 7 days (dry period) guess this really helps in terp's' and plant growth man they explode after the watering - have only went 3 -4 days interesting results - thumb-up ( their site has a complete grow on all strains both in soil and hydro - mean they report every thing ph, npk,ecc. ect)

you know talked to one of green house's people and they say that they let a plant go for 7 days (dry period) guess this really helps in terp's' and plant growth man they explode after the watering - have only went 3 -4 days interesting results - thumb-up ( their site has a complete grow on all strains both in soil and hydro - mean they report every thing ph, npk,ecc. ect)

yup i let the medium get pretty dry, when its at the weight i think is ready i wait a day or two now, plants are looking good

I don't know what's possible with soil indoors, but I pretty much pull a pound off each plant every harvest using rockwool and LED lighting. Last week I got just a few grams shy of 20 ounces dried. The biggest factors aside grow ample lighting and air exchange are time spent in Veg and the strain you're growing. I worked with Dinafem OG Kush for about a year straight and despite my best efforts, I was not able to get a pound from her. My OG ranged from 6 to 14 ounces. The smoke was great and so was the taste, but I need at least 16 from each plant for the efforts I invest. I now have 3 bloom rooms, so I harvest a plant every 3 weeks more or less. I don't think you'll be able to get a pounder in a 2.5' tent. You should invest in a 4' tent. Another prerequisite is to use beneficial bacteria. The stuff keeps the roots very clean and makes more nutrients available that were previously locked up. I try to stay with strains that are crossed with Skunk #1 or Big Bud for large yields. I'm now growing Barney's Triple Cheese that's what I just pulled 20 zips from. I also have Pineapple Chunk in bloom and expect well over a pound from each, but we'll see.

1. Veg more than 10 weeks
  2. 4x4 grow space
  3. Beneficial Bacteria
  4. Ample lighting

The tote weighs 511 grams
  1. 1725326

I don't know what's possible with soil indoors, but I pretty much pull a pound off each plant every harvest using rockwool and LED lighting. Last week I got just a few grams shy of 20 ounces dried. The biggest factors aside grow ample lighting and air exchange are time spent in Veg and the strain you're growing. I worked with Dinafem OG Kush for about a year straight and despite my best efforts, I was not able to get a pound from her. My OG ranged from 6 to 14 ounces. The smoke was great and so was the taste, but I need at least 16 from each plant for the efforts I invest. I now have 3 bloom rooms, so I harvest a plant every 3 weeks more or less. I don't think you'll be able to get a pounder in a 2.5' tent. You should invest in a 4' tent. Another prerequisite is to use beneficial bacteria. The stuff keeps the roots very clean and makes more nutrients available that were previously locked up. I try to stay with strains that are crossed with Skunk #1 or Big Bud for large yields. I'm now growing Barney's Triple Cheese that's what I just pulled 20 zips from. I also have Pineapple Chunk in bloom and expect well over a pound from each, but we'll see.

1. Veg more than 10 weeks
  2. 4x4 grow space
  3. Beneficial Bacteria
  4. Ample lighting
The tote weighs 511 grams
  1. 1725326

thanks for the info, at some point i will get a bigger tent.
i currently have a veg area outside the tent, and will move some plants around and just flower inthe tent when these current girls are ready.
im in a shitty financial situation right now, i wish i had a bigger place to dedicate an entire bedroom for plants, that will hopefully happen later this year after winter is over, but in the meantime i am trying to learn my maximum potential in the tent i currently am with. realistically i will keep this tent for something when i get a bigger house/tent lol so trying to work it as much as i can.
the two strains i have growing are white rhino and original glue (gg4) both from nirvana seeds. this is my first time with nirvana, do their plants produce some weight? if not oh well im already this far in, but just looking for as much information on growing as possible.
once my school loans get back out of default i am considering going back and finishing my degree for botany and working in some type of agricultural job maybe involving cannabis ( im praying one day!)

thanks for the info, at some point i will get a bigger tent.
i currently have a veg area outside the tent, and will move some plants around and just flower inthe tent when these current girls are ready.
im in a shitty financial situation right now, i wish i had a bigger place to dedicate an entire bedroom for plants, that will hopefully happen later this year after winter is over, but in the meantime i am trying to learn my maximum potential in the tent i currently am with. realistically i will keep this tent for something when i get a bigger house/tent lol so trying to work it as much as i can.
the two strains i have growing are white rhino and original glue (gg4) both from nirvana seeds. this is my first time with nirvana, do their plants produce some weight? if not oh well im already this far in, but just looking for as much information on growing as possible.
once my school loans get back out of default i am considering going back and finishing my degree for botany and working in some type of agricultural job maybe involving cannabis ( im praying one day!)

For your space, I'd veg for 6 weeks, maybe as long as 8 due to being in soil, and that should fill up your tent wall to wall. After 3 weeks in 12/12, make sure you cut off all the underside crap that isn't getting good light as that stuff hinders air flow through the plant which is needed to replenish CO2. As far as I know, the GG is a big yielder, and I'm pretty sure the WR will also yield well, but look on leafly for more reviews. If you live in the states, the time for the bedroom farmer is nearing it's end, at least if profit is the driving factor. I'm already looking to invest in other ways than growing. Lucky for me, I was in your shoes 5 years ago and have had plenty of time to learn and accumulate gear needed to grow. Though you can keep it as simple as you'd like, I've found this to give me half ass results. Conversely though, I easily spent hundreds to thousands on things I no longer use such as HID lighting and bulbs. I've since converted to COB lighting. What sucks about that was that each of my fixtures cost me just under 500 to build, whereas an all included iPower HID fixture package only costed a little over 150 each. I also spent many hundreds on nutrients (Gen Hydro) and only got decent results at best. I now mix my own from salts and RO water for pennies.

This hobby has a steep learning curve and the cost of each lesson will be felt in your pocket.

What brand soil are you using? Do you live near a hydro store?

I think it will be very difficult trying to produce 1lb in a 5 gallon pot. The bigger the root, the bigger the fruit.
Not impossible but very difficult.

This ^^^ sage advice.

Bigger pot bigger plant bigger yields, and then there's genetics.

If it aint in the genetics its like lipstick on a pig.

I've come close to a # dry trimmed a few times indoors. BIG ass plants they were. The only ones I ran that came close were the long flowering Sativa. When the Indica are harvested at 70 days, Sativa is just getting going.

So you need a long VEG for what you are doing. Your flower time won't change so you gotta bulk up the bio-mass in VEG.

Yields aren't the only thing. Over the years I've found quality over qty works best for me. I can grow two 60-70 day hybrids that go to say 7-8 zips dry in the same time or less than a long running Sativa that takes up the same space as 2 plants.

So in the long run, shorter growing and faster harvesting is better for yields.
My experience - that and long running plants is like all your eggs in one basket. It's a risk for sure.

GL with your grow.

I just read the cob curing malawi threa or alot of it, when i get this lb im dedicating some of the bud for it, what a find, im excited

Ive had cob bud from Sweet Sue met her last year. I have to say that i didnt see any benefit from it at all, tastes like pee, it isn't stronger. Its interesting, but i would never waste any top shelf on making cobs... just my opinion

It wont work this time, but train a plant like that in RDWC. That will give you the best possibility of growing a pound. I grew 2 plants in a 2 pot RDWC once and got 27oz. One was just over a pound. Both plants were monsters. Vegged for 2 months. Ill share pics if interested

Ive had cob bud from Sweet Sue met her last year. I have to say that i didnt see any benefit from it at all, tastes like pee, it isn't stronger. Its interesting, but i would never waste any top shelf on making cobs... just my opinion

I appreciate this short read. I read about cobbing bud but would never be in the situation to actually do it and now I feel less bad about not trying it, lol.

1 lb per plant is fairly easy in hydro. I have a 3 site perpetual, top feed in 7 gal airpots with rockwool croutons and have been pulling pounds about every harvest. The key is good genetics. I ran OG Kush for a while and for the life of me couldn't even get close, but I've done Bubblelicious, Cherry Bomb, THC Bomb, now Triple Cheese and they all were consistent lb yielders.

Back
Top Bottom