Ya them hobo ladies are loving life. Took forever to feed them tonight almost 10gal of water 4 plants
I'm not a soil guy but from the view I had 10 gallons seems about right. My 4 in my system take up about 7 a day.

I'm not a soil guy but from the view I had 10 gallons seems about right. My 4 in my system take up about 7 a day.
I'm to old to venture somewhere new. It's intriguing. I like the idea of rdwc just seemed like more work, for me anyways.

I seen them Gorillaz your growing, massive. Super inspiring! Looks like your getting it fully dialed in!

The hobo ladies are thirsty bitches. I personally don't give them the love they need. I just hope they put out! Bwhahaha ❤️

I'm to old to venture somewhere new. It's intriguing. I like the idea of rdwc just send like more work, for me anyways.

I seen them Gorillaz your growing, massive. Super inspiring! Looks like your getting it fully dialed in!

The hobo ladies are thirsty bitches. I personally don't give them the love they need. I just hope they put out! Bwhahaha ❤️
Your never to Old!! Change and knowledge is what keeps us Young! The day I stop learning as well as pushing the envelope is the day that I truly die.

Oh yes those GG4 Girls of mine ..They are most definitely thriving, Thank you for noticing and the kind words they are my Inspiration!

In regards to rdwc , It is the place tp be in my opinion but then again I have always loved the explosive growth in Hydro as compared to soil. As far as work I actually feel that It would be less work for you believe it or not. If you would like to build a system let me know!

As far as your Hobo Ladies I'm certain that they are going to put out and well a little neglect never hurt anyone :) .

Your never to Old!! Change and knowledge is what keeps us Young! The day I stop learning as well as pushing the envelope is the day that I truly die.

Oh yes those GG4 Girls of mine ..They are most definitely thriving, Thank you for noticing and the kind words they are my Inspiration!

In regards to rdwc , It is the place tp be in my opinion but then again I have always loved the explosive growth in Hydro as compared to soil. As far as work I actually feel that It would be less work for you believe it or not. If you would like to build a system let me know!

As far as your Hobo Ladies I'm certain that they are going to put out and well a little neglect never hurt anyone :) .
I've grown in practically every different way you can. As explosive as water media is soil has always been the one that I enjoy the most. I guess my bias goes back to my early days being taught to grow where hydroponics wasn't really a thing then.

I've grown in practically every different way you can. As explosive as water media is soil has always been the one that I enjoy the most. I guess my bias goes back to my early days being taught to grow where aquaponics wasn't really a thing then.
I agree. But seeing some of these growers now. It's like damn. Did I miss something.....? Oh wait... I did.

Alot of school.

Bwhahahahahahahahah

Maybe it's like I didn't like it cause I didn't understand it. So now it's time to do some digging.

I've grown in practically every different way you can. As explosive as water media is soil has always been the one that I enjoy the most. I guess my bias goes back to my early days being taught to grow where aquaponics wasn't really a thing then.
I can understand that. See I first tried soil for a brief second and then Tried hydro and well I felt that I was more successful with it even though I really didn't give soil a chance and The success plus the increased growth rate hooked me .
I agree. But seeing some of these growers now. It's like damn. Did I miss something.....? Oh wait... I did.

Alot of school.

Bwhahahahahahahahah

Maybe it's like I didn't like it cause I didn't understand it. So now it's time to do some digging.
Hydro is as simple as soil maybe even more simplistic actually If you can Read a Nute ,ph, meter and know that water has to be flowing and aerated and roots submerged in it . You already have it down. You already do 2 of those things ,nute strength and ph of water going into your soil as well as what the run off is .

My first foray into water media.....

A friend of mine called me up one day knowing that I had some basic knowledge about growing weed and asked me if I would help him setup this new technique called DWT. I had seen a few rigs setup like that but never really inquired about it. Most of my water media knowledge, which was almost nothing, came from setups that I had seen using NFT.

We went to the Home Depot and he decided he wanted to use 30 gal trash cans for reservoirs. We bought some net pots, 8" air stone discs, hydroton and an air pump.

As we were leaving the store I asked him where he was thinking of setting this up. He lived in an apartment so he didn't have a garage or comparable space where he could do this undisturbed. He told me that he wanted to set it up in his dining room since no one really used it. I was a little skeptical because he was living with his girlfriend so I asked him if he had gotten her approval. He looked at me like I had called him a pedophile, puffed up his chest and proceeded to inform me about how he was the man of the house and that whatever decisions that were being made were his to make.

We get to his place and we setup everything and we're sitting in the dining room admiring our work. His girfriend arrives from work and the moment she sees the trashcans in her dining room she freaks out yelling "Why are there trashcans full of water in my dining room?!!?!". My buddy mumbles something with his tail between his legs and decides hiding in the bedroom was the best thing at the moment. She tells me to leave so I do. The next day I get a call from her asking me why I helped him do that. She was ok with it after he had explained to her what he was doing but she was still mad at me. I asked her why she was mad at me as it was his idea to do this. She told me that I was the adult in the friendship and I should have told him no!:rofl:

Whenever we would go to HD together we'd walk by the trashcans and I'd stop and point at the 30 gals. He'd just give me the finger and keep walking!:laughtwo:

alrighty so Since we are on the topic of Hydro soil as well as DLI being mixed in here. Im going to share a couple of pictures. First understand that the small ladies that are in peet pots are about 3 days behind the three ladies on the right other than the small pots and those three days they where all flipped at the same time and treated fairly. What I mean by fairly and I admit I'm not a soil guy.However I would water the little ladies every other day /right after they would dry out with a diluted mix of the same nutes my big girls are getting. From the time the big girls roots hit the water level in the buckets they where grown 2 weeks before flipping to 12/12 and the dli of the big girls has been at minimum 60 and the little ladies is wait for it , wait for it 4.4 ! so @Smokey0418 here is the proof that you can grow pretty buds at a low DLI just not a lot of them. As I get ready to post this I get a vision of @OGpapa opening google search to learn more about Hydro. :)

60 DLI 1200 ppm co2 enrichment Vpd Dialed in
IMG_3717.JPG

4.44 DLI 1200 ppm co2 VPD Dialed in
IMG_3722.JPG
IMG_3723.JPG
IMG_3724.JPG

alrighty so Since we are on the topic of Hydro soil as well as DLI being mixed in here. Im going to share a couple of pictures. First understand that the small ladies that are in peet pots are about 3 days behind the three ladies on the right other than the small pots and those three days they where all flipped at the same time and treated fairly. What I mean by fairly and I admit I'm not a soil guy.However I would water the little ladies every other day /right after they would dry out with a diluted mix of the same nutes my big girls are getting. From the time the big girls roots hit the water level in the buckets they where grown 2 weeks before flipping to 12/12 and the dli of the big girls has been at minimum 60 and the little ladies is wait for it , wait for it 4.4 ! so @Smokey0418 here is the proof that you can grow pretty buds at a low DLI just not a lot of them. As I get ready to post this I get a vision of @OGpapa opening google search to learn more about Hydro. :)
And I did. Ugh the rabbit hole! So theoretically, how hard is it to move around? Like for instance your setup.

Many times throughout the year I get a bug, move, clean , organize, re configure things and such...

And I did. Ugh the rabbit hole! So theoretically, how hard is it to move around? Like for instance your setup.

Many times throughout the year I get a bug, move, clean , organize, re configure things and such...
I live in the rabbit hole; I have a bench down here with a custom cup holder and such. lol between harvest its relatively simple. I could take the whole system apart in about 20 minutes. if designed with reconfiguring its layout in mind when its built the only added amount of time in changing the layout would be lengths of pvc pipe and hose for the airline. I would think that you would spend the same amount of time mixing dirt. :)

Note: In regards to Hydro out of all of the types of systems my recommendation would be rdwc.

That's the way I was leaning. Might have to add a baby 2 bucket system to the corner of my 4x8 tent. Still running down the rabbit hole with sharp scissors ✂️
Just let me know if you would like me to design something for you . We will keep it simple ,with the ease of managing and performance in mind.

Simple cheap. . . Cause I am one cheap bastard!
do you mean Cheap or like @Trump you actually mean frugal? lol Also one of my little girls has/had a split end like that last picture .

Well ..

Internet search....
A frugal person will try to buy quality stuff, but probably wait for a genuine sale and find a coupon or use cash back (or both) to offset some of the costs. A cheap consumer just buys whatever they can find at the lowest price possible. In other words, frugal is good, while cheap (in relation to a person) is bad.

so I'm definitely frugal. Not cheap.

I like to buy or build quality items while utilizing creative solutions. I will always research my purchases look at reviews etc.

nothing worse than buyers remorse.

oh yeah.

Dirt Weed. Or no weed. Both in the same category for me.

Well ..

Internet search....
A frugal person will try to buy quality stuff, but probably wait for a genuine sale and find a coupon or use cash back (or both) to offset some of the costs. A cheap consumer just buys whatever they can find at the lowest price possible. In other words, frugal is good, while cheap (in relation to a person) is bad.

so I'm definitely frugal. Not cheap.

I like to buy or build quality items while utilizing creative solutions. I will always research my purchases look at reviews etc.

nothing worse than buyers remorse.

oh yeah.

Dirt Weed. Or no weed. Both in the same category for me.
Alrighty @OGpapa , I Feel I can hit that price point ! Below Is a build I had posted for a system in Another Members Journal that had Interest... Check it out Click on the links and tell my if the cost and the build fit what you have in mind and we will go from there.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
okay If you would like a bucket system I can help you build one. I would not concern myself with it only holding 10 gallons at all, with good nutes and aeration, circulation along with temp control stability will not be an issue. (how many plants are you wanting to grow at a time ? ) if only one then i would be looking more towards 8-5 gallon buckets pipe them together and one is the res and the other is the growing pod and you have twice the solution and easy Maintenace and res changes to say the least .

so for example. You say No Pain I want a bucket system..my suggestion would be to get two of these buckets and two of these lids the get three of these bulkheads a length of 2 inch pvc pipe and 2 90 degree elbows and then 2 inch to threaded 3/4 reducer bushing and a 3/4 valve threaded valve and length of 3/4 inch pvc and two 3/4 inch threaded male adapters along with one filter and length of 3/4 vinyl tubing and one pvc tubing adapter now for the pump. Cant forget two 8 inch net pots one is a spare . you now have a mini rdwc system like mine only thing that needs to be added is the air pump and aerator which i am more than happy to put in links if this is the route you would like to go. :)
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Alrighty @OGpapa , I Feel I can hit that price point ! Below Is a build I had posted for a system in Another Members Journal that had Interest... Check it out Click on the links and tell my if the cost and the build fit what you have in mind and we will go from there.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
okay If you would like a bucket system I can help you build one. I would not concern myself with it only holding 10 gallons at all, with good nutes and aeration, circulation along with temp control stability will not be an issue. (how many plants are you wanting to grow at a time ? ) if only one then i would be looking more towards 8-5 gallon buckets pipe them together and one is the res and the other is the growing pod and you have twice the solution and easy Maintenace and res changes to say the least .

so for example. You say No Pain I want a bucket system..my suggestion would be to get two of these buckets and two of these lids the get three of these bulkheads a length of 2 inch pvc pipe and 2 90 degree elbows and then 2 inch to threaded 3/4 reducer bushing and a 3/4 valve threaded valve and length of 3/4 inch pvc and two 3/4 inch threaded male adapters along with one filter and length of 3/4 vinyl tubing and one pvc tubing adapter now for the pump. Cant forget two 8 inch net pots one is a spare . you now have a mini rdwc system like mine only thing that needs to be added is the air pump and aerator which i am more than happy to put in links if this is the route you would like to go. :)
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Hell yeah!! Let's build this bitch!!... This thing sounds like it would be a blast to put together!!

Square buckets for sure. I DIYed an ebb and flow system with control bucket and made the mistake of using round buckets. I got it to work with the rubber bulkheads but I was always wary of leaks.

@nopain Now you got me thinking of setting up a DWC bucket in my 2 x 2 tester!!!

Back
Top Bottom