Alrighty @OGpapa , I Feel I can hit that price point ! Below Is a build I had posted for a system in Another Members Journal that had Interest... Check it out Click on the links and tell my if the cost and the build fit what you have in mind and we will go from there.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
okay If you would like a bucket system I can help you build one. I would not concern myself with it only holding 10 gallons at all, with good nutes and aeration, circulation along with temp control stability will not be an issue. (how many plants are you wanting to grow at a time ? ) if only one then i would be looking more towards 8-5 gallon buckets pipe them together and one is the res and the other is the growing pod and you have twice the solution and easy Maintenace and res changes to say the least .

so for example. You say No Pain I want a bucket system..my suggestion would be to get two of these buckets and two of these lids the get three of these bulkheads a length of 2 inch pvc pipe and 2 90 degree elbows and then 2 inch to threaded 3/4 reducer bushing and a 3/4 valve threaded valve and length of 3/4 inch pvc and two 3/4 inch threaded male adapters along with one filter and length of 3/4 vinyl tubing and one pvc tubing adapter now for the pump. Cant forget two 8 inch net pots one is a spare . you now have a mini rdwc system like mine only thing that needs to be added is the air pump and aerator which i am more than happy to put in links if this is the route you would like to go. :)
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Excellent! List started! I will check out my local stores when I make the trek to town! If you don't mind shoot me links for pump and aerators! Doesn't hurt for recommendations! The lid for the buckets specific? Or just a lid that fits the square bucket?

I live by some country folk who up cycle a bunch up buckets barrels containers, etc

Excellent! List started! I will check out my local stores when I make the trek to town! If you don't mind shoot me links for pump and aerators! Doesn't hurt for recommendations! The lid for the buckets specific? Or just a lid that fits the square bucket?

I live by some country folk who up cycle a bunch up buckets barrels containers,
No Probelm ..first tell me how many plants you are wanting to run. As far as the lids I like the lids I linked but as long as they fit the "square buckets" don't use round buckets for this, and will support the weight of your plant you will be good.

Also when selecting the pump and aerator its good to have a general Idea of the most you would like to run in the event that you want to expand the system.

No Probelm ..first tell me how many plants you are wanting to run. As far as the lids I like the lids I linked but as long as they fit the "square buckets" don't use round buckets for this, and will support the weight of your plant you will be good.

Also when selecting the pump and aerator its good to have a general Idea of the most you would like to run in the event that you want to expand the system.
Well . Ain't never thought about venturing out of soil. But it's intriguing, id probably run 2 plants,4 at most. At that point I would probably upgrade a few things. I found a few 5 gal sq buckets digging around locally. But nothing larger. I will check online. I got the point of no round buckets. Definitely wouldn't want leaks.

Well . Ain't never thought about venturing out of soil. But it's intriguing, id probably run 2 plants,4 at most. At that point I would probably upgrade a few things. I found a few 5 gal sq buckets digging around locally. But nothing larger. I will check online. I got the point of no round buckets. Definitely wouldn't want leaks.
okay so 2 to 4 .. as far as the buckets if you don't find any locally the ones I linked in the post are a pretty decent price.

On the buckets you are really going to want them to be 8-13 gallon. Mine are 8 and currently I'm running about 5 gallons through each one. So the larger the bucket the larger the plant they with accommodate and vise versa .. You are also going to need one bucket extra above your plant count for the reservoir. As far as an air pump taking your min and max plant count into consideration, I recommend This Pump I run the 120 in my 5-bucket system as far as aerators you can try My Custom Micro bubble diffuser or you can try some Airstones I would plan on putting at least 2 air stones in each bucket and having some backups on hand.

On the buckets you are really going to want them to be 8-13 gallon. Mine are 8 and currently I'm running about 5 gallons through each one. So the larger the bucket the larger the plant they with accommodate and vise versa .. You are also going to need one bucket extra above your plant count for the reservoir. As far as an air pump taking your min and max plant count into consideration, I recommend This Pump I run the 120 in my 5-bucket system as far as aerators you can try My Custom Micro bubble diffuser or you can try some Airstones I would plan on putting at least 2 air stones in each bucket and having some backups on hand.
Thank you! So at what age does you plant go Into the basket? What media for basket?

The hobo ladies are packing! Even tho I've only been able to maintain 58-61°f on average in misfit parking! These ladies are getting fed with TPS ultra bloom. Eating a lot of it. Going to have to price out larger quantities for a 1 part feed. Never took Into consideration how hungry the ladies would be. Normally I would be running a full nutrient line. I've been trying to simplify the process cause papas busy!

20240319_103909.jpg

20240319_103834.jpg

20240319_104006.jpg

20240319_103809.jpg

20240319_103711.jpg

20240319_103653.jpg

20240319_103554.jpg

20240319_103517.jpg

20240319_103333.jpg

20240319_103433.jpg

Thank you! So at what age does you plant go Into the basket? What media for basket?
You are very welcome. Things are looking great !!

Okay so in regard to when you put them into the basket ..this grow I put them in as soon as their roots started coming out the bottom of the rockwool cube, then just watered them twice a day until the roots hit the solution in the system. In the grandmommy purp grow in my signature I first grew them in these homemade hydro boxes and after they had good roots like 4-5 inches I put them in . For the dyi i used a 3 inch net cup with the bottom cut out and had wooden skewers like for kabobs holding them in place so I could take them out of the baskets for the transfer. For starting seeds you can use rockwool cubes or root riot cubes. I start seeds via the paper towel method and when the tails are about 1/4 inch long I take a razor and split the cube down the middle place the sprout in and close it up and lock it together with a tooth pick. Either way works the biggest difference is saving nutes and water as the diy containers don't take much and my system takes 25 gallons. you just need a small air pump for the diy and air stone. For the Media the easiest to get and use is Hydroton. Here are some pictures of the small diy hydro containers. If you plan on letting the root mass get larger in them I would suggest running 1 or 2 in each. you really don't want the roots to get woven together.
IMG_3731.JPG
IMG_3735.JPG
IMG_3736.JPG

Jaws music '

jaws3.gif

Received this monster today! Sk602!

20240320_154719.jpg

20240320_154618.jpg
20240320_154624.jpg

You wouldn't believe the readings if I showed ya!

But I'm gonna show ya anyways!

This is after being hung full power
Screenshot_20240320_155429_Photone.jpg

This is 12in below
Screenshot_20240320_155447_Photone.jpg

6 inches below
Screenshot_20240320_155452_Photone.jpg

36 inches below
Screenshot_20240320_155519_Photone.jpg

So after I get a few things situated, this will be the candle for my misfit parking! Replacing @VIVOSUN vsf 6450

Speechlessness.

Heyooooooo back in town after a crazy weekend! Nothing like being surrounded by thousands of your closest friends! I will be trying to recover a bit over the next few days, I am mentally and physically whipped. But I wanted to update my journals for y'all!

Misfit parking will be having an overhaul done, but the hobo ladies are pumping! Unbelievable for some mystery beans! 🫘 🤯

Excited for the future of this area!
20240325_103445.jpg

The @Mars Hydro Herb Grotto has the next playmates ready to shine! Just waiting on room!

20240325_103232.jpg
20240325_103245.jpg

Jaws music '

jaws3.gif

Received this monster today! Sk602!

20240320_154719.jpg

20240320_154618.jpg
20240320_154624.jpg

You wouldn't believe the readings if I showed ya!

But I'm gonna show ya anyways!

This is after being hung full power
Screenshot_20240320_155429_Photone.jpg

This is 12in below
Screenshot_20240320_155447_Photone.jpg

6 inches below
Screenshot_20240320_155452_Photone.jpg

36 inches below
Screenshot_20240320_155519_Photone.jpg

So after I get a few things situated, this will be the candle for my misfit parking! Replacing @VIVOSUN vsf 6450

Speechlessness.
That's a beast!!! 🌞

Back
Top Bottom