This is the best info I could gather with google foo…
Red "Phloem" (sap) is from soluble sugars that are trapped by the phloem in one spot on the plant instead of being part of the plants Kreb's cycle. It's sap with high amounts of sugar that has become immobile in the plant.

Same process that turns purple strains purple (anthocyanin production).

I believe it means it contains Anthocyanins, Or higher than usual amounts.

I think that the anthocyanins are essentially clotting the wound to stop possible infection, as well as seal it up.

If it is anthocyanins it should not have any other impacts whatsoever, might end up getting some pretty cool colored nugs tho!

This is called xylem sap (zy-lum). Basically sugars that run through the plant. Think of it as marijuana honey lol. Taste it it's sweetI think it is something carried in some lines and is a genetic trait. Bodhi uses a Hawaiian Sativa the exhibits this trait in the dragons blood hashplant.

These are not my original thoughts and all credit should go to the original authors whoever they may be.

Hey hey hey people of 420 mag! It's Saturday, I thought it was gonna be a nice calm weekend. Garden chores were done yesterday. The humidity was higher than I wanted it to be in the lung room, so I opened up the windows for some fresh spring air!

While In the herb grotto, Ive been shuffling plants when I water. So I can see them touch them inspect them. All the smalls got watered last night and I was taking them out of the watering trays. I about lost my shit.

Literally.

I felt such an instantaneous bad reaction touching this plant. So I took a moment to see if it was telling me something. . . I about died when I seen them

ea70d433f1ef1cac1d0056acb0e5b1d4_w200.gif
DEZx.gif

What did I see .......

Well my first initial reaction was a mite. But after taking photos, touching a spot or 2, and literally observing for 15-20min. It looks like my plants are bleeding.

Wait..

Yes.

Bleeding.

Does that sound fucking crazy? Because I feel crazy saying it.

20240330_105651.jpg
20240330_110454.jpg
20240330_110514.jpg

Now .... I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this. Truly insane. So I figured I'd reach out to some heavy hitters at 420!

Hopefully someone has seen this! If not the microscope is coming out when I get home!!!!

20240330_110007.jpg
20240330_105958.jpg
20240330_105836.jpg
20240330_105832.jpg
20240330_105753.jpg

@Bill284 @JiggiLotus @Azimuth @No Pain @Krissi Carbone @Trala @Lady Cannafan @Ke0ncp @Joe Brewster @Roy Growin @HappyHazmat88 @CaptainLucky @Tokin Roll @InTheShed @Phytoplankton @KeithLemon @Olddog Newtrick @Braddah Waiheesohai @Chuckeye @BiggMakk @nivek @HashGirl @BeccaBuds

Or anyone else that wants to poke in!!!

I appreciate everyone's time!
Usually osmotic pressure and lack of chlorophyll in the nutrient solution causes bleeding type effects.
Generally not considered a problem.
But why so many broken cell openings?
Bug bites?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Another busy eventful day!! Apparently a tree decided to come down. Literally don't know how it didn't end up smashing the beater.
20240329_141814.jpg
20240329_141823.jpg

Beautiful green from the herb grotto!
20240327_164111.jpg

The dahlias have been potted and flowing for nearly 2 years. I figured it was time they deserve to be repotted. What started with 1 tuber, ended up with 9 tubers repotted in their own pots, and 11 more pots of propagated cuttings. Insane. The roots were so bound, starting to die back, but at 50inches tall you would have never known. Can't wait for them all to take off!
20240327_092235.jpg
Clipped_image_20240329_222026.png

And finally I'm sure everyone has been curious on the Biodegradable bags being used.

While it's only been a few weeks look at the Massive difference, these are the last 2 solo cups planted the same time as the Biodegradable bags.

Tomorrow I will shoot a few more photos, to show off how much more girth the biodegradable bags have than solos.
20240320_093500.jpg
20240320_093432.jpg

Moving forward. Solo cups bye bye.
Oh man! That's a helluva close call !!
And wowowow! Look at that difference in them cups vs bio bags! Even the stock, big thick difference! 💚

Hey hey hey people of 420 mag! It's Saturday, I thought it was gonna be a nice calm weekend. Garden chores were done yesterday. The humidity was higher than I wanted it to be in the lung room, so I opened up the windows for some fresh spring air!

While In the herb grotto, Ive been shuffling plants when I water. So I can see them touch them inspect them. All the smalls got watered last night and I was taking them out of the watering trays. I about lost my shit.

Literally.

I felt such an instantaneous bad reaction touching this plant. So I took a moment to see if it was telling me something. . . I about died when I seen them

ea70d433f1ef1cac1d0056acb0e5b1d4_w200.gif
DEZx.gif

What did I see .......

Well my first initial reaction was a mite. But after taking photos, touching a spot or 2, and literally observing for 15-20min. It looks like my plants are bleeding.

Wait..

Yes.

Bleeding.

Does that sound fucking crazy? Because I feel crazy saying it.

20240330_105651.jpg
20240330_110454.jpg
20240330_110514.jpg

Now .... I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this. Truly insane. So I figured I'd reach out to some heavy hitters at 420!

Hopefully someone has seen this! If not the microscope is coming out when I get home!!!!

20240330_110007.jpg
20240330_105958.jpg
20240330_105836.jpg
20240330_105832.jpg
20240330_105753.jpg

@Bill284 @JiggiLotus @Azimuth @No Pain @Krissi Carbone @Trala @Lady Cannafan @Ke0ncp @Joe Brewster @Roy Growin @HappyHazmat88 @CaptainLucky @Tokin Roll @InTheShed @Phytoplankton @KeithLemon @Olddog Newtrick @Braddah Waiheesohai @Chuckeye @BiggMakk @nivek @HashGirl @BeccaBuds

Or anyone else that wants to poke in!!!

I appreciate everyone's time!
This calls for the only person i know of who always talks about blood and bleeding his plants... @TheGrimReaper
Is this what you mean by bleeding?

@Bill284
Thank you. I haven't seen any bug activity. I do have a random gnat or so. But Ive started spreading some mosquito bits throughout. Eventually they will all die. Fingers crossed.

@Lady Cannafan
Little higher than normal. But you can tell where I water. Then with the wild out door swinging temps. I've got a 50qt dehumidifier showing up anytime on the Fedsex truck. That will help keep humidity where it's supposed to be.

@Olddognewtricks
That's amazing! I appreciate you! I duh around a bit. But didn't want to go down the rabbit hole! Sweet eh? Maybe I'm gonna have to get a lick! 😋🤤

Definitely gonna have to keep tabs on this one. I love weird ass plants.

@Joe Brewster
Going to have to check that out! What the hell have I been missing! Bleeding plants! Wtf!

@Azimuth
That's originally what I had thought. But the plant being so young, I had never seen that. Let alone down the stalk! Going to have to poke around!

@KeithLemon
Yes! I'm with you! It definitely gave me insect dropping vibes. But as I look closer it's protruding from the plant not, like dookie that's been dropped. You know like when you poke yourself with a tack, staple, metal wire, etc the blood swells into a spherical shape before it breaks and runs. That's what this looks like.

@Phytoplankton
Thank you! I haven't seen any damage. But we all know you don't see it, until it's too late. I showed my wife, shes like how the hell did you see that. I'm like I dunno I just felt it. So later today I'm going to get the scope outta and start checking her out, she's quarantined for now.

Screenshot_20240330_122339_VIVOSUN.jpg

Oh man! That's a helluva close call !!
And wowowow! Look at that difference in them cups vs bio bags! Even the stock, big thick difference! 💚
Close call! Fosho! Just glad it missed the wife and dog! Yes! The bio bags! Who would have thunk it? Promising. Bye bye solos! I'm going to be dropping tomatoes outside hopefully in next 2 weeks. They are already 2-3ft tall, then I can see how the small bags are doing Inside of the larger bags.

Close call! Fosho! Just glad it missed the wife and dog! Yes! The bio bags! Who would have thunk it? Promising. Bye bye solos! I'm going to be dropping tomatoes outside hopefully in next 2 weeks. They are already 2-3ft tall, then I can see how the small bags are doing Inside of the larger bags.
Keep us posted, with results like this, these will be my first and last time staring in solos.
I’m really curious to see if your bleeding plants are heavy in the purples.
Do you have any info on the genetics?
I’ve been reading up on bodhi seeds dragons blood and for the last several years there have been a lot of crosses using it. Bodhi seems to have at least, at some point, been breeding that strain specifically for that bleeding trait.
I’d think there’s a chance that yours has some dragons blood in its genetics.

Keep us posted, with results like this, these will be my first and last time staring in solos.
I’m really curious to see if your bleeding plants are heavy in the purples.
Do you have any info on the genetics?
I’ve been reading up on bodhi seeds dragons blood and for the last several years there have been a lot of crosses using it. Bodhi seems to have at least, at some point, been breeding that strain specifically for that bleeding trait.
I’d think there’s a chance that yours has some dragons blood in its genetics.
Yes I will definitely keep it posted in here. Unfortunately these are mystery seeds Ive collected over the years. It would be wild to have something this unique and not share it. She's quarantined right now. Scope later. Then she might get her own light, and area. Guess I have work cut out for me.

Yes I will definitely keep it posted in here. Unfortunately these are mystery seeds Ive collected over the years. It would be wild to have something this unique and not share it. She's quarantined right now. Scope later. Then she might get her own light, and area. Guess I have work cut out for me.
I could see stumbling into something like this sending me into breeding black hole trying to create my own strain… lol
Maybe get some pollen and get some seeds out of it!

Bodhi's dragons blood

Origins and Backstory: From Bodhi Seeds, this unique cultivar is a F1 hybrid of an heirloom Hawaiian sativa and Bodhi's selected male, 1988 G13 x Hashplant. Bodhi's 88G13HP male is known for contributing vigor, frost, and potency to his progeny. The Hawaiian sativa used in this cross is known otherwise as "Blood" due to its unique bleeding trait. When you top this sativa, cut into branches, etc., she bleeds a maroon-red sap that is allegedly higher in brix content than average varieties. Bodhi describes the mother as "refreshing."

Effects: Dragon's Blood Hashplant is immediately felt behind the eyes, sometimes blurring vision. It is a slow creeping effect that piques about 30 minutes after the last toke. Being a hybrid, her effect is a combination of intense mental stimulation and a sense of relaxation in the body. DBH is cognitively stunning, putting the user into a far-away, introspective mental space that could be categorized as stupefying. This is not what I would consider functional, but is suited to a night alone or alone with a friend. Thoughts can become a bit racy and frantic, and can push one's thoughts to paranoia. The heady effects are complimented by a buzzing throughout the body, relaxing the user and turning the eyes to blood red. The strong body effect seems to mellow the user out more than a typical sativa-dominant plant would, providing for some euphoria as it pushes the user deeper into the couch.

Overall Experience: Dragon Blood Hashplant gave me many memorable experiences both in growing and consuming. Certain phenotypes really do have blood red fluids that come out as soon as plants are cut. I have never seen such a dark red liquid come out of a cannabis plant before! The bouqet of both plant and flower is incredibly unique, and is the only variety I've experienced with the aromatic quality of "Japanese cucumber soda." Friends are always impressed with the aroma from a jar as well as the potency of smoke. Her effect is somewhat oxymoronic; it is stimulating and exciting with the potential to be a bit frightening and out of control, but is also deeply relaxing and warrants a strong sense of well-being. Dragon Blood Hashplant is a pleasure to grow, and is a great representation of Bodhi Seeds in a lot of ways. Many seeds from Bodhi have truly unique scent/flavor profiles with a potent effect to match, and DBH is no exception. DBH's best trait is its unsual individuality--cannabis enthusiasts who appreciate the diverse gene pool of cannabis expressions have every reason to love about Dragon Blood Hashplant.

Hmmmm...I'm wondering if guttation is what I experienced a few grows back.

I noticed a few watery brownish water droplets at the base of a few of the flowers. Wasn't sure what it was but this sounds like what it may have been.

@OGpapa - where did you get the bio bags? Are they biodegradable?
They are labeled as biodegradable, I will know here more in a few weeks.

I thought this is guttation. I refer to it as the @Krissi Carbone effect

They are labeled as biodegradable, I will know here more in a few weeks.

I thought this is guttation. I refer to it as the @Krissi Carbone effect
That looks like what I had. Do you know what it is?

It looks like the bio bags increased plant performance over solos. Would you say that is correct? What do you see as the mechanisms for this to be happening? Better O² access?

Definitely lick that 💚
I’m starting to think you just like licking random cannabis excretions… no wonder your plants always look so happy :p

Back
Top Bottom