Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

She just looks so dangerously energetic to me! Lol.
Yeah, she's a "mostly sativa" hybrid, so I may be barking up the wrong tree for a bedtime smoke.
I do have a bunch of GDPxGumberry that will fill that bill, if the IG is a little too "zippy" :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm really gonna miss that Purple Punch auto though...
I've also got a little bit of Purple Lemonade (almost forgot about it) that I might try for the nitey-nite stuff.

A neatly trimmed beauty Carcass...congratulations on another great harvest! Also, :cheer: for the new sprout.

I love this pic because it looks like an enormous branch that's 8' long and balanced on a small square table:
9-cola-jpg.2377462

Have fun with the schlepping!
Lmao, that took me a second to figure it out too! That would make for a fun PhOTM entry. Congrats on the latest amazing harvest from your magical grow box. You blow me away with it every single time. Aaaand a big congrats on the surprise GG sprout! I’ve bought some GG from the dispensary and that’s a real nice Stone. Very relaxing, smiley and then tapers off into sleepy when you’re ready, (if I remember right.)

We should have an optical illusion thread to post these happy photo accidents. I saw another one a few weeks back where someone was building a grow box and shared a picture that made it look like the supplies were floating in air. Same reaction. It took a bunch of us some time to process what we thought we were seeing.

And what exactly is it, just busted trichomes?
Guttation is the exudation of drops of xylem sap on the tips or edges of leaves of some vascular plants, such as grasses, and a number of fungi. Guttation is not to be confused with dew, which condenses from the atmosphere onto the plant surface. Guttation generally happens during the night time.

At night, transpiration usually does not occur, because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude through special leaf tip or edge structures, hydathodes or water glands, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational pull. Guttation is most noticeable when transpiration is suppressed and the relative humidity is high, such as during the night.

From here:

you gonna do a quick dry and test of the IG? Please? :cheesygrinsmiley:. Then go shopping and dance down the biscuit aisle?
I did- Very mellow indica type stone- no dancing, but pretty strong couchlock.
I tried it twice. I like it...:lot-o-toke:
I’ve bought some GG from the dispensary and that’s a real nice Stone. Very relaxing, smiley and then tapers off into sleepy when you’re ready, (if I remember right.)

Sounds like my kinda weed!
I rather enjoyed your optical illusion cola pic…..after I figured it out.
I didn't even see the illusion till it was pointed out to me...:hmmmm:
We should have an optical illusion thread to post these happy photo accidents.
I couldn't of done it if I tried, so it was definitely an accident...
Yum! Did you eat any? It’s often sticky sweet like nectar
I was going to taste it "later"then I forgot- and it got lost in the harvest- If I find it again, I'll taste it (if it's still there) I tasted some on a Peyote Critical I grew awhile back, and it did taste like sweetened water...
And what exactly is it, just busted trichomes?
I didn't really know till I just read Shed's post below...
Guttation is the exudation of drops of xylem sap on the tips or edges of leaves of some vascular plants,
Thanks!
They say you learn something new every day.
We make learning fun around here...;)
dew drops ...
they happen all the time :cheesygrinsmiley:
I've had one other plant do it- I initially thought it was "bug goo" on that one...I found out it wasn't before I tasted it:)

And now on to the (little) Monday Update!
The Iced Grapefruit is still drying, should be ready to go into the jars by this evening..
Here's how it's looking now:
1a.jpg

On to the plants- First up is the GorillaGlue seedling- she's 5 days old now, and doing just what she's supposed to do:
1.jpg

She's living in the box now apx 25" from the light, which is dimmed to 60%- seems to be about right
because she's not stretching for the light at all: (apx 1.25" tall)
2.jpg

And on to the 2 outdoor girls...first up, the Chocodope auto from @BooWho2 ( :love: )- she only stretched 4" so she's not very tall (12")
but her buds are doing fine- she's going to end up a chunky little thing...
I'm using GeoFlora Bloom nutes "as directed"....and she's very pale- actually, that's about what I expected, so I need to beef up her nutes a bit....so much for following directions...
3.jpg

Chocodope bud:
3a.jpg

Here they both are on the table:
5.jpg

Last up is the 3 armed Amnesia auto- Very healthy, but also very small and sparse (10")
I know some other folks are growing these- I hope yours do better than this one...:oops:
Oddly, the GeoFlora nutes seem to be working fine on this one- color-wise at least...
IMG_2199.JPG

Amnesia bud:
4a.jpg

Not very exciting stuff, but that's about all that's going on today!
Thanks for looking-
I appreciate the support!
And I hope everyone has a great week...:peace:

Is there a particular reason you put the autos in plastic pots rather than the GeoPots you're using to keep the sun off them?
There is...although it's not a very good reason...I already had the soil "cooking" in the plastic pots, and I was too lazy to dump them into the fabric pots when they got here.
The next outdoor girls will be in the fabric pots- I'm going to stick with plastic for the indoor plants, at least until I see how things go in the fabric pots.

That Amnesia is going to be a frosty one. I find it interesting that she's doing well on a "regular" GF diet. Yet you say you'll need to "beef up" the nutes on the Chocodope. What does/can this mean? The fact that they're both autos and both being grown under the biggest light there is only adds to the puzzle.

I'm just thinking out loud here. :nerd-with-glasses:

That Amnesia is going to be a frosty one. I find it interesting that she's doing well on a "regular" GF diet. Yet you say you'll need to "beef up" the nutes on the Chocodope. What does/can this mean? The fact that they're both autos and both being grown under the biggest light there is only adds to the puzzle.

different strains will have slightly different wants through all stages of growth.

lots of growers mix nutes for each strain separately. doesn't matter so much if auto or photo, though autos are notoriously more picky about the feed levels.

different strains will have slightly different wants through all stages of growth.

lots of growers mix nutes for each strain separately. doesn't matter so much if auto or photo, though autos are notoriously more picky about the feed levels.
Understood, Bluter.

And I don't want to hijack Mr. C's thread discussing this. But GF feeding instructions are constants based on pot size. Perhaps things would be clearer if GF cited ranges of amounts for varying pot sizes rather than have users believe that every pot sized X will work with Y amount of nutrients. (I hope that makes sense.)

I mistakenly over-fed my first GF plant and it seemed to do fairly well. I've been somewhat confused ever since. It seems to me that GF is no easier to use than many other nutrients, IMO.

Understood, Bluter.

And I don't want to hijack Mr. C's thread discussing this. But GF feeding instructions are constants based on pot size. Perhaps things would be clearer if GF cited ranges of amounts for varying pot sizes rather than have users believe that every pot sized X will work with Y amount of nutrients. (I hope that makes sense.)

I mistakenly over-fed my first GF plant and it seemed to do fairly well. I've been somewhat confused ever since. It seems to me that GF is no easier to use than many other nutrients, IMO.

nute companies can't know the individual growing environments, strains, lighting, etc that each grower works with. as a result the feed schedules posted are a best compromise under ideal conditions and environments.

it is implied growers need to adapt and compromise given their own unique circumstances. GF is not alone in this. there is not a single nute line i've ever used that i did not slightly modify from the base schedule.

Understood, Bluter.

Haha yeah I agree.
It’s only been 1 grow (for most of us) and everyone already has their own version of the GF feed chart.
I felt similarly about MC, each plant ends up wanting a slightly different amount. One of the best things I ever did with MC was start using a jewelry scale to weigh before mixing. Turns out the plants ARE sensitive enough to notice huge fluctuations and/or overdoses. I don’t feed over 5.5g/G ever anymore.

One of the problems with GF is there’s no pulling back on the next watering if the nutes are too strong. You’re at the mercy of nutes already in the soil.
People can argue that the plants will only take what GF they need, but I feel like many are probably giving too high of a dose.
My only evidence is an auto that’s growing well on a half dose of bloom only, and a photo that I fed according to their chart, which ended up being pretty anti-climactic.
Someone will nail the perfect dose, but until then I agree- it’s not any easier than any other nutes. And it smells worse lol
This summer will hopefully bring forth a lot of truth about who’s organic nutes perform the best, and are the most cost effective.

The Iced Grapefruit is still drying, should be ready to go into the jars by this evening..
:drool:
I'm using GeoFlora Bloom nutes "as directed"....and she's very pale- actually, that's about what I expected, so I need to beef up her nutes a bit....so much for following directions...
Thanks for the heads up. My son is using GF on his plants this season. So far he's still using the Veg nutes and the plants seem to be fine, but will need to switch over to Bloom pretty soon.

you'll need to "beef up" the nutes on the Chocodope. What does/can this mean?
What that meant yesterday, is the Chocodope got 5.5g of an "other" nute to try and get her green again...
I find it interesting that she's doing well on a "regular" GF diet.
It occurred to me that she might be doing well (health-wise, not size-wise) because she's a tiny plant, and a standard dose of GF is enough to feed a plant her size (8")
My problems seem to start about 4 days after I switch from Veg to Bloom...it just seems like there's not enough "bang" in the Bloom nutes to keep a normal sized, flowering plant (auto or photo) happy. Although, even though the leaves look like crap, the buds seem to do ok....or do they? they might do even better if the rest of the plant was healthy green instead of banana yellow..or not, just a thought...
I mistakenly over-fed my first GF plant and it seemed to do fairly well.
I've purposely over fed mine a few times, and, while it doesn't hurt anything, it doesn't help anything either.
is implied growers need to adapt and compromise given their own unique circumstances.
Agree 100% - I personally don't think GF has enough in it to operate without help from other nute products...but...a lot of folks seem to do fine with just the GF, so maybe it's something I'm doing, or the soil I'm using, or something else I haven't thought of ....
- it’s not any easier than any other nutes. And it smells worse lol
I think GF should be billed as a "base" nutrient system, that may or may not require the use of additives to perform satisfactorily. This should be stated on the bag, IMO
And then there's the smell...eww. I have noticed that the Bloom doesn't seem to stink quite as much as the Veg, but they both stink pretty good, especially when wet...
My son is using GF on his plants this season.
He may get great results, many people seem to- just not me yet...

Where the GF really does seem to shine is the initial soil amending that's supposed to be done 2 weeks prior to putting a plant in it- my plants do great for the first 3 weeks or so in the amended soil, but after that, they begin to go downhill- especially autos, because they usually only get 1 dose of Veg before it's time to start the Bloom nutes, and, in my case anyway, that's when the problems start...
To be fair, I've only grown 3 autos with GF, and 1 is doing ok (the tiny one)

Maybe I'm just putting too much value on the plants leaves being green instead of yellow, but yellow leaves just bug the crap outa me...not the normal yellowing of older leaves, but the whole plant turning yellow or such a pale green that you're not sure if it's green or yellow- that's what bugs me....

Back
Top Bottom