InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

This must be your smallest Summer grow in quite a while. Sour G is looking good. Hoping the other two continue to improve.
I'm hoping it becomes a large Fall grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm skipping the autoflower idea because this Candida seed-thing is very ongoing still.
I hope to try mine out one of these days soon. I'll probably start with butter, and I'll be sure to ask advice when the time comes.
You got questions, we got answers! :high-five:
Plant are Looking much better with the new growth , now back to that Kellogg's soil potting/container dirt ! I will not ever get this again up canned 2 autos been in this stuff for 27 days and only had a tap root going straight down for 5-6 " hardly no hairs visible they were only 3-4 " tall !! Back to the miracle gro for me go the stuff that is supposto bal. the moisture better ??!! Now there a month out for a 3 month grow WTF to do ? Let them grow !
Well that's no good! What type of Miracle Grow did you use...the Nature's Care in the green bag?

:ciao:

Just stopping in. It’s only been like 196 pages since I last drove by!

Monday update, so let's roll up onto the sidewalk and take a look!

Leading off with pics of a scale, because who doesn't like to see a scale that they're not standing on?

The Jack Herer is still too heavy to water even though it lost 5lbs, almost entirely to evaporation:

Chiquita Banana is almost ready to water:

And the Sour G was actually feeling light even though it weighed the same as the CB:

So I watered it on Saturday. Pics of the actual plant tomorrow!

Well, that was fun, no? Let's move on to the Sour G cuttings I took about a week ago:

I started de-doming them on Wednesday night for about 20 minutes at a time and left them off for about an hour on Friday night. Now they just live with the domes tipped back for another week or so.

Pollen? Not yet! Here is the Candida STS yesterday morning after I moved the flowering ones outside:

And here are the pollen sacs as of this morning:

Still don't see any pollen, and still I shake the plant over the flowering two in the tent every morning with the fans off. Who knows!

Okay, last for the day are the Spring two in flower. Let's start with the Tin Can Kush on day 135, flip day 34:

And last is the Red Dragon, which is looking less happy than it used to:

The fans are turning purple and the lowers are falling off, and when I tested the substrate it was 7.4 pH (instead of 5.8)! :eek: You would think I would remember from one grow to the next that old ProMix will not hold its pH for this long.

Here are some Red Dragon close-ups:

Anyway, for two weeks my nutes aren't MC-based, and instead are using GrowMore 20-10-20 as the base, which will lower the pH of the ProMix HP. I also flushed them both this morning to make sure the medium was cleared of old salts and ions. We'll see!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: watering to runoff takes a completely different amount of water than saturating the pot. I water to runoff with two gallons in a 7 gallon pot and I can still carry it around. After I flush it with 10 gallons of water, add 2 gallons of nutes, and let it drain, I can barely manage to get it off the table without throwing my back out. For what it's worth!

That's it for me today. I hope your weekend was sunny and warm, but not as warm as it is in the Pacific Northwest today, which is insane!

I'll take pics of the Summer/Fall three tomorrow as well as the flowering Candidas, so don't go far. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Quote...

Buenos días Shed, I could go back and search, but has the JH been topped yet? What are your plans for it?
Buenos dias Felipe! I topped all three here back on the 21st (before/after pic here), and my plans are to see if it ever starts to grow like an un-stunted plant! Can't say it's changed much in the last week... :hmmmm:

On a scale of 1 to 10?
Yes! Go on, was it?
Yet still giving that look of “Go ahead and try me”
It's all a ruse. It knows I wield a sharp scissors!
So you topped it on Sunday and up-potted it on Monday? Probably just pooped.. I know the feeling.
Transplanted on Saturday and topped on Sunday. The JH had basically no roots, so I'm waiting to see if it likes the new mix more.
So true, it's too hot-:thedoubletake:record temps
Crazy hot up there. If it ever hits 117ºF here I'll be summering with Amy!

Anyway, for two weeks my nutes aren't MC-based, and instead are using GrowMore 20-10-20 as the base, which will lower the pH of the ProMix HP. I also flushed them both this morning to make sure the medium was cleared of old salts and ions. We'll see!
As early as it is, that purple looks great!

You outta try plucking some of those nanners. Particularly in the second and third photos. Those yellower ones look like they could be fruitful if you let them dry a bit.

the browning tips does concern me though. Did you apply Sts to those pollen sacs at any time?

The Jack Herer is still too heavy to water even though it lost 5lbs,
How much water did you give it and how long has it been since you last watered? I know water weighs about 8.3 lbs per gal.

You would think I would remember from one grow to the next that old ProMix will not hold its pH for this long.
Something about old dogs and new tricks. ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: watering to runoff takes a completely different amount of water than saturating the pot.
IKR! 2 gallons of water in a 7 gallon pot is what I was doing. I usually got a fair amount of runoff too and lifting wasn’t too bad. But like you said, after saturating the pot, holy cow was that thing heavy. We’re getting too old for that Shed.

That Tin Can Kush is frosting up beautifully!

Ladybug sighting! :)

LadyBug.jpg

Top-of-the-page Tuesday update, and as promised I am providing pics of the Summer/Fall grow!

Here they all are this morning on day 71/70:

Sour G, growing like a normal plant!

SaugaView®:

Here is the Chiquita Banana, which I'm feeling better about now. Still haven't watered it again and I think I may wait to see how light it gets before it droops:

New top growth:

And finally, the Jack Herer:

How much water did you give it and how long has it been since you last watered? I know water weighs about 8.3 lbs per gal.
I completely neglected to weigh these after transplant but before watering, so I have no idea what the original water weight was. The only time it got water was after transplanting, and the same for the CB.

New top growth:

New lower growth:

You outta try plucking some of those nanners. Particularly in the second and third photos. Those yellower ones look like they could be fruitful if you let them dry a bit.
I followed your advice and grabbed a tweezer and two pairs of reading glasses and did a bit of plucking this morning:

Saw a small puff of powder from only one pod when I took it off, but the box is now on top of the router since the heat mat didn't feel warm. We'll see...

Chris said leave them alone until they pop though, so I'm getting conflicting advice!

More quotes:
As early as it is, that purple looks great!
Pretty is nice, but too early for fade!
Your Tin Can Kush is getting so frosty Shed! Good luck jump starting pokey slow roots!
Thanks Otter! I hope that given enough time, that JH will look like a plant. :)
Are we grading on a scale? Asking for a friend.
Yes. Yes we are. ;)
the browning tips does concern me though. Did you apply Sts to those pollen sacs at any time?
I have not. I skipped the last spraying per your instructions. The RH in there can get pretty high when they've all been watered. Could that be it? Not much I can do about it though.
Something about old dogs and new tricks.
Indeed!
IKR! 2 gallons of water in a 7 gallon pot is what I was doing. I usually got a fair amount of runoff too and lifting wasn’t too bad. But like you said, after saturating the pot, holy cow was that thing heavy. We’re getting too old for that Shed.
Luckily they were lighter last night when I had to move them in the shed!
That Tin Can Kush is frosting up beautifully! Ladybug sighting!
Thanks BL! Most ladybugs I see outside I move into the tent with the Candidas, but that one gets to roam free. :surf:

Back
Top Bottom