InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Congrats on the seeds and the pollen, Shed! Your perseverance paid off! I am so glad you survived messing around with those pods.

And your level of proficiency with that scale is second to none. :straightface:

This morning's post is on the previous page...here!

42 days + 38 days post flip would put seed harvest at day 80 (August 12th). Noted!

I'll wait a few more days and then start tapping. Pollen would be good to have in my back pocket..
Considering it’s candida pollen you might even keep it in your front pocket. You know you’ll need it

I don't know why that's stuck to the bottom.
Relative humidity I think?
Should I just try shaking the plant over a mirror every couple of days? I don't want to disturb the seeds trying to pluck any more nanners, do I?
I think so. Seeds won't be shakeoutable for a while. The cases will split and dry first and you will be able to see the seeds inside. And if they do shake out, they're likely ready.

I went to pull the Spring two out of the shed this morning and the light hadn't come on yet (I have it on 11/13 just for fun, since the plants get their DLI from the sun in 11 hours), and I figured I'd get some "lights out" shots with the flash on.

So that's the Friday update! Not as good as most folks take (had the crappy phone camera with me), but still sparkly on flip day 39.

Tin Can Kush:

Red Dragon:

I'll be checking the pH of the Red Dragon on Sunday (I got new bottles of pH pen calibration liquid!) so I'll see if the ProMix is back into range. If it is I'll go back to the MC based mix but bump the N and K again now that they're deep in flower.

Earlier I mentioned that the @Sierra Natural Science 209 didn't seem to be working as a soil drench for my gnat problem in the TCK, but I don't have gnats anymore! I did also spray the surface with neem every few days and put DE on top twice, so I can't say 100% what fixed it. If it was the SNS 209 then it really does take the two-to-three week time-frame they mention on the bottle. Persist!

This weekend, besides doing pH testing, I'll be splitting all the clones and putting them in a much more soil heavy mix (maybe I'll put one of each in 75/25 and one in 100% potting soil... for @Grand Daddy Black science!).

I'll also be mixing nutes for the Summer/Fall grow (a 4.5g equivalent) and looking for leftover larf on the RD and TCK.

For all who are stateside, happy July 4th weekend! We may often suck, but at least we're not still a British colony*. :)
:party:

On to the quotes:
Relative humidity I think?
I think so. Seeds won't be shakeoutable for a while. The cases will split and dry first and you will be able to see the seeds inside. And if they do shake out, they're likely ready.
Could be high RH. I may scrape it up and add it to whatever happens to fall off the plant during the great shake-out. Thanks Otter!
Rock and roll on the up and coming seeds and Mr. pollen maker ! Do you think you could use aluminum foil to catch the sacks i don't think they would stick and shinny side will reflect .
Thank you sb! Parchment paper is pretty non-stick or so I thought. :hmmmm: I have a 2' square mirror I'll use to catch the pollen and then try aluminum foil to dry it in!

[*No offensce intended to those who live in the Commonwealth realm countries.]

Could be high RH. I may scrape it up and add it to whatever happens to fall off the plant during the great shake-out. Thanks Otter!
And bringing it from hot to cool is ng too. Well it's ok if you leave the cover on until it gets to the same temp.
Earlier I mentioned that the @Sierra Natural Science 209 didn't seem to be working as a soil drench for my gnat problem in the TCK, but I don't have gnats anymore! I did also spray the surface with neem every few days and put DE on top twice, so I can't say 100% what fixed it. If it was the SNS 209 then it really does take the two-to-three week time-frame they mention on the bottle. Persist!
F-gnats have a 10 day life cycle. Maybe you had to get a COUPLE OF THEM TO SEE A DIFFERENCE. Sorry, not yelling but I can't edit another thing. I have elbows for fingers.

Hiya shed, :passitleft: Loving the tin can and red dragon! Good luck with the pollen gathering. I use magazine covers. It's nice and smooth and folds into bindles that I shove into pill bottles filled with rice and into the freezer. I have some Purple Punch seeds ripening now(my 2nd batch) and some GSC in the freezer waiting for an outdoor girl to get ripe. I hope all is well in your world. :yummy:
Smile and stay stoneder.

And bringing it from hot to cool is ng too. Well it's ok if you leave the cover on until it gets to the same temp.
F-gnats have a 10 day life cycle. Maybe you had to get a COUPLE OF THEM TO SEE A DIFFERENCE. Sorry, not yelling but I can't edit another thing. I have elbows for fingers.
Thanks Otter! Putting pollen in the freezer ruined my first batch (from a Haze Xtreme male), but the Colombian Gold male batch is in the fridge with rice. I have my doubts that it's viable though because of the aphid sap mixed in. It was a trial run for the Candida because I don't feel the need to start making random crosses given my seed collection!

Hiya shed, Loving the tin can and red dragon! Good luck with the pollen gathering. I use magazine covers. It's nice and smooth and folds into bindles that I shove into pill bottles filled with rice and into the freezer. I have some Purple Punch seeds ripening now(my 2nd batch) and some GSC in the freezer waiting for an outdoor girl to get ripe. I hope all is well in your world.
Smile and stay stoneder.
Hey Fred, thanks for stopping by! I think I have one magazine in the house at the moment...a Westways from California AAA. I'm sure no one will notice if I rip the cover off. :)
Your flowers are stunning Shed!
Thank you kindly Otter. :)

Nothing wrong with the quality of those pics Shed!

All of them looked as good as their subjects, which was very good.

BTW, the only reason I recommended straight soil before is because I thought that maybe you had a root ball of mostly perlite. :Rasta:

Nothing wrong with the quality of those pics Shed!
All of them looked as good as their subjects, which was very good.
BTW, the only reason I recommended straight soil before is because I thought that maybe you had a root ball of mostly perlite.
My phone with the cracked glass just above the lens didn't handle contrast well when it was new, now the highlights get even more blown out. I'm glad you can see past that and appreciate the goodness of the subjects! One of these days I'll get a new phone...

I never managed to get any serious rootballs with the 50/50 mix, but the Sour G and CB are looking okay in the 75/25. Still waiting on the JH in the ~95/5 mix, but I can't blame that on the mix yet. But since the new ones are clones, splitting them into two different media will be a test of some sort, even if they turn out identically!

My phone with the cracked glass just above the lens didn't handle contrast well when it was new, now the highlights get even more blown out. I'm glad you can see past that and appreciate the goodness of the subjects! One of these days I'll get a new phone...

I never managed to get any serious rootballs with the 50/50 mix, but the Sour G and CB are looking okay in the 75/25. Still waiting on the JH in the ~95/5 mix, but I can't blame that on the mix yet. But since the new ones are clones, splitting them into two different media will be a test of some sort, even if they turn out identically!
Bubble bubble soil and trouble.

Adding eye of newt and toe of frog seems too much like mixing up organic soil to me. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I get that. But you could up-pot it into a cauldron.

Thanks Otter! Putting pollen in the freezer ruined my first batch (from a Haze Xtreme male), but the Colombian Gold male batch is in the fridge with rice. I have my doubts that it's viable though because of the aphid sap mixed in. It was a trial run for the Candida because I don't feel the need to start making random crosses given my seed collection!

Hey Fred, thanks for stopping by! I think I have one magazine in the house at the moment...a Westways from California AAA. I'm sure no one will notice if I rip the cover off. :)

Thank you kindly Otter. :)
Ha! Ya know it shed! That's what I use! AAA. Westward! Too much. I find the cover glossy, and not too thick. Haha! I do try to find dark colors so the pollen shows up better. Smile and stay stoneder

Back
Top Bottom